Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default v.146 - Return to Masteria Update Highlights

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/upd...hlights/00HbD/

2. Default Re: v.146 - Return to Masteria Update Highlights

I posted it first
    The new Commerci thing sounds interesting though, wave after wave of bosses? Like Mu Lung Dojo but at sea???

3. Default Re: v.146 - Return to Masteria Update Highlights

4. Default Re: v.146 - Return to Masteria Update Highlights

This should be fun. I wonder what the commerci and monster cards things are/

5. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: v.146 - Return to Masteria Update Highlights

Well this looks like all good stuff to me. Anyone remember if the Lucky Monster Event was in KMS? I'm curious what the rewards are.

6. Default Re: v.146 - Return to Masteria Update Highlights

It seems to me the only difference between these trade routes and the regular ones is that now you can fight them with friends at your side.

7. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

I really hope that the trade voyage thing is a separate mode to the original one. If it requires a party to do it then it's just an excuse for them to buff the bosses even more and make them practically unkillable.

8. Default Re: v.146 - Return to Masteria Update Highlights

Not sure what i think about the Masteria update it just feels like they are going to revert it back to the old maps and monsters (you know the mobs that haven't been touched since before big bang) which might be fun.. for a an hour or so..

Hopefully they don't just do that and bring something exciting to the area

9. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

I am ok with this.

Even if they buff them heavily it's probably going to be within duo range for two strong characters. If they buff them moderately it should be within solo range still, but the question is whether you're required to have more than 1 person to go in.

Hopefully this means even more ways to get cube materials!

10. Default Re: v.146 - Return to Masteria Update Highlights

The Lucky Monstory thing? The cards are basically like, individual lotto numbers, the whole thing's basically a lottery, if I remember correctly, they give out things like Lucky Guy medals and Tyrants if you correctly match an entire sequence or something.

11. Default Re: v.146 - Return to Masteria Update Highlights

WHERE IS MY F'UCKING BOSS ARENA EMBLEM????

But yay, Masteria! I guess....

12. Default Re: v.146 - Return to Masteria Update Highlights

It won't mean more ways to get cube materials if nobody can kill it...

I don't think the people with all-Legendary 21% equips even benefit from being able to craft Master Craftsman cubes, why limit finding cube materials to them?

Even with my 200k range character I've only earned about 3 cubes worth of materials from Commerci to date, it's not exactly enough to get pomegranate done. There aren't that many players with high ranges around.

13. Default Re: v.146 - Return to Masteria Update Highlights

NONONO. Encourage partying, even with strangers. Either share rewards, or do a points reward system. But encourage to have the more the merrier, even if it means overkill. I miss the old days of pqs, where everyone wins when clearing. Now it's mostly a "I can get more exp if I do it alone". And it's silly for a MMORPG.

Unless you meant it's fair for everyone that way. Then I'm ok with that. But still, I want to party hard like the old days.

14. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

The Phantom Forest Maze isn't exactly "challenging" when Mechanics can Rocket Boost/ Evans can Dragon Blink/ Luminous and Kanna can Teleport/ Kaiser and Angelic Buster can grapple hook to the very top of the crossroads as an unintended shortcut rather than fully traversing the maze or doing the prequests to unlock the intended shortcuts.
    Hopefully some measures have been implemented to deal with that, right @MysteryMask;?

15. Default Re: v.146 - Return to Masteria Update Highlights

Doubtful. They could do that when the old maze existed anyways. It's not a huge advantage anyways.

16. Trump minus th money

Back then it was just Mechanics and Evans, wasn't it?. Now nearly everyone and their grandma has some crazy vertical mobility of some sort. Phantom forest was designed back when all we had were explorers, and the only shortcuts (short of fly hacking) were the ones that the developers intentionally placed.

17. Default Re: v.146 - Return to Masteria Update Highlights

I remember how hard it was going through the maze when those skills never existed and mobility was very bad for some classes (for example, Bowmen didn't even have a flash jump-sorta skill). Especially when you reached the top of the map before the Valley of Heroes, you had to prevent all the flying monsters from knocking you down. Oh, the good ol' times..

Anyways, it's funny to see how they're trying to make this look like an "update", even though it's sort of a "good downgrade". True, many new players might not know that, but still.. It doesn't make it actual new content.

18. Default Re: v.146 - Return to Masteria Update Highlights

Masteria coming back might be entertaining for all of 30 minutes if it's unchanged.

Doesn't seem like there's much happening this patch.

19. Default Re: v.146 - Return to Masteria Update Highlights

Glad to see some old content back that should've never really left to be honest. For me it was the height of my fun times on Maplestory and was sad to see it go.

Welcome back old friend...

20. Trump minus th money

Sorry to hear you never enjoyed the exchange quests.