Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Curious if anyone would be intersted

Okay, so i had an idea, and i was curious if people/community, would be interested in knowing.

I currently have level 200: Paladin/ Dark Knight / Zero/ Aran / Demon Slayer / Hayato(its in the works, but im already getting it to 200, its 184/200)

What i have right now: 16x Hero(i planned on already getting to 200), 16x Dawn Warior, 171 Mihile, 120 kaiser( i really don't like kaisers) and
    a 120 Demon Avenger(unfortunately, i don't think he can be part of the study).

What i want to do: I have about 133% STR in tradable equips(They can all wear, err except zero cause no top/bottom), and 145% in str equips on all these characters(if you add up 6% tempest rings/shoulders)(i have them on all characters) and 155% str if you add up Xenons link skill.

What i want to do if people are interested in knowing: Do a full scale warrior comparison, Most of these characters, are already outfitted with a clean sweet water weapon.

And by full scale, i mean, getting each of these warriors to level 200, equipping the 145% str gear, using clean 2hand Sweet water weapons(in the case of mihile and demon slayer, 1hand) and doing a compare and contrast with videos if need be to showcase this is your damage with same % STR gear, same LINK skills, same Character cards, at Level 200.

2ndary weapons will be clean. the weapons will not have potential, it will rely solely on base attack of the sweet water weapons, and the skills they have, which will all be maxed out/have echo/have will of alliance if they can get it. These character are on all the same account.

So would anyone be interested in seeing such a study/results

And it appears to me, this would be in the wrong section x0x' i think it goes in the should I? If a mod could please move it :x
    Last edited by KillerZero; 2014-02-05 at 11:40 AM. Reason: messed up in the section it goes under

2. Default Re: Curious if anyone would be intersted

Sounds interesting, and very time consuming. But what would be the point to do it with 145% str vs clean equips?

3. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

Default Re: Curious if anyone would be intersted

Definitely interested in seeing how Aran compares.
    I've always had the suspicion that Aran is more dependent on STR than w.att compared to other warriors.

4. Brick Male
    IGN: ZeroCA
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero
    Guild: EssentiaI
    Farm: ReneMule
    usa

I can participate in something like this. I already have a high level aran (not 200 though) if that's something you don't want to bore yourself with.

I have most of those chars (no adventurers or Dawn warrior, Mihile on another account), but only Zero is 200. Most were link mules except Demon Slayer, but I can also make a similar comparison chart, or at least help fill the holes in yours, as we seem to have similar tradeables.

5. Default Re: Curious if anyone would be intersted

There's no class that's "more dependent on STR", Xenon's the only one whose base stats are noticeably different. 133% str is going to be a 133% increase in damage for any warrior whose primary stat is str.

Aran does benefit a smaller amount from w.atk because it has (last I played which might be like 2012) +100 atk from skills, aside from Hayato the other warriors have only 30-60. I think Hayato has no straight +atk but about 50% atk.

I think my tradeables are only around 110% str and I have much less equal weapons (200 atk polearm with 21% total damage, 240 atk 2h sword with 40% boss, 290 atk katana with 7% atk) but I do have a similar set of characters.
    200 Hayato - very obviously the weakest, and a few skills are broken
    192 Dark Knight - probably strongest character I have, but slightly more bursty
    181 Paladin - elemental charges don't work atm but it's quite strong
    179 Aran - haven't played since it got Hypers, at which point it was fairly weak. Mainly because its hypers depend on an extremely long attack sequence (hit hit hit down hit hyper hyper hyper hyper), not good vs. tactical bosses.
    175 Hero - was strong before RED, is supposed to be stronger now
    161 Zero - I am ok with the class but not ok with the training maps.
    135 Kaiser (nothing really against it but I tried killing Von Bon and it wasn't good so I quit. It's probably easier to train now that we have Evo world)
    12x DA, DS - I didn't like DS, and DA's too different to compare

The main thing putting me off doing a comparison is (1) my Hero needs an SP reset, (2) link skills can only be moved once a day so it'd take a week.

6. Trump minus th money

wait what

7. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

formula goes (except for xenon)

(str*4+dex)*attack

or at least the part we care about, if you assume that dex is 0, and go by this formula:

(str*4)*attk

you'll see an increase of 133% str, 133% attack, or 133% total damage (or boss damage if bossing, hey!) would give you the same result.

full range formula goes something like: (weapon multiplier)*[(sum of attk)*(1+%attk potential)]*(4*[(sum of str)*(1+str%)]+[(sum of dex)*(1+dex%)])/100
    multiply by mastery for min range, multiply by boss/total damage for output damage, PDR of whatever you're attacking for actual damage.

only reason why you -HAVE- to get %attack or %total damage on your weapon, is because of diminishing returns from all your other gear stacked with %str, in fact, for some people, 5 str could be better than 5% str. (might be an exaggeration, but you get the idea)

8. Trump minus th money

huh. I guess I was thinking of a pre-BB formula or something.

9. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

the formula was the same pre-BB i believe, what was different was how crits stacked. but i don't know how exactly they used to do, now they're just a 1.2-1.5x multiplier at random (except on heroes because they're weird and it stacked additively with combo, although not sure if that still applies)

10. Brick Male
    IGN: ZeroCA
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero
    Guild: EssentiaI
    Farm: ReneMule
    usa

Crits used to add a static % to each of your hits. that's why rapid fire classes + SE were so good.

11. Default Re: Curious if anyone would be intersted

And Heroes used to have Combo apply before crits, so whereas on a Paladin you'd have
    [5.5 (blast) + 1.0 (crit)] * 1.4 (holy)
    = 770% -> 910% crit
    Heroes would have
    [2.6(brandish)*2.0(aca) + 1.0(crit)]
    = 520%*2 -> 620%*2

(1.0 just for demonstrative purposes, iirc it started as 0.5~0.5 and SE would buff it up)
    Well, since Blast was a 1 hit attack it was still getting less out of crits than Heroes, and since both classes had roughly 5% crit rate, it didn't matter a whole lot.

12. Default Re: Curious if anyone would be intersted

so to update, Hayato is 197/200, Hero is 167 now. And for the other 2 people that wanted to do similar things you can try as well c: I plan on getting all the warriors to 200 as fast as i can. Next on the list for 200 is HERO, followed by either DW or Mihile, Kaiser will be last(i really really dont like kaisers q.q, so boring)

13. Default Re: Curious if anyone would be intersted

Asking at a mod if it would be okay for me to double post as long as im posting progress on the warriors so people can see im still working on project?

hayato is 200, Hero is 169 30%. I hopefully intend to get to 170 today/tommorow, assuming the USC doesn't take all day. Once im 170 hopefully by this weekend ill be 178 and i will 24 hour 2x card my way to 200 on my Hero, then i shall hopefully start on DW next?

14. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

No problem with double posting in this case.

15. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

I would want to see this for every class type to be honest, but that's really extensive and would take forever. If it doesn't have a total focus on DPS and also touches on functional differences between classes, i could see this being a popular maple youtube series lol

16. Default Re: Curious if anyone would be intersted

I wish I could do that I just simply don't have any thief/archer/Mage gear. But I can also include buccaneer/cannon shooter/thunder breaker/(eunwol in future) since they can also use the same gear minus top/bottom. They have there own tradable overall with 9% str on it

I have each of those classes listed at 16x each

17. Default Re: Curious if anyone would be intersted

To post updates hero is 195, buccaneer is 168 and at 80% and cannon shooter is at 169. I'm still working on the project
    As a side note I have managed to get all the sweet water needed for comparison weapons minus 2 2h sw swords since there like 1 bil clean atm f7 I need those swords for kaiser and dw. On another side not heroes are stupidly broken f7

18. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

"Broken" as in "don't work" or as in "too strong"? (Gotta love the English language...)

19. Default Re: Curious if anyone would be intersted

As in too strong :x so far from what I can tell with all the same gear my hero is going above and beyond what every other class has done. Atm I'm hitting on bosses about 3.8 mil max per line usually around 3mil+ but peaks at 3.8 and I'm still missing 10 % crit hyper and 20 attack more FA hyper and echo/200 hyper. So I think when I hit 200imight break the 4 mil per line. On ra bosses it's 1.4-1.8 mil atm which is still insane

20. Default Re: Curious if anyone would be intersted

GOOD NEWs everybody

I've been upgrading gear, i now have 166%str in tradables, 178%(with the temepst rings+ shoulder(which all chars have))(188% str with xenons link skill) And ive managed to even the playing field when doing warriors>pirate comparison, as i managed to get good pants for them they can wear :o

More side news, I have managed to get the 2 2h SW swords i needed to do the comparisons with kaiser and DW, so i now have there weapons which means things are going to go smoother.

So i now have all the weapons for comparisons, minus Demon Avenger's weapon, which i might consider doing now, as i managed to get decent hb on tradable gear, so if i can manage to get the same % hp as i have in % str with demon avenger, i might add him in for warrior comparisons

More side news, Hero is now level 200, im moving onto Bucaneer, then Canonshooter for getting to 200(i might do both at once, because the leveling method im goign to use). Bucaneer is 169, and canonshooter is 168