1. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Default What's the current Ignore Defense Cap? Also is this good for Zero?

Questions in title. I'm not sure how much Ignore Defense is enough for any character, or like Boss Damage it's almost never enough?

For the 2nd question: My Zero just got 30% Ignore Defense, 7% stats, and 7% STR for his weapon (so total of 60% Ignore Defense, 14% stats, and 14% STR). I plan to cube it some more tomorrow, but for now I'm wondering if this will suffice until I can get Legendary. Obviously using Black Cubes, because RNG INT%/LUK% on a STR based weapon can go suck it.

My previous option included 20% Boss Damage (so 40% Boss damage from the weapon). I'm not sure if I made a mistake or not in not keeping this option.

2. Default Re: What's the current Ignore Defense Cap? Also is this good for Zero?

The 40% boss damage is more beneficial than the 60% defense ignore would be, depending on the boss. Most of the bosses I'm going to assume you'd be facing won't have more than 70% damage reduction, so you should just try for a boss line again.

3. Default Re: What's the current Ignore Defense Cap? Also is this good for Zero?

Depends greatly on what your current stats are. I would need to know how much PDRignore you currently have, how much %Boss/DMG you have, and what bosses you intend to fight regularly.

rambling about details

Hadriel

4. Default Re: What's the current Ignore Defense Cap? Also is this good for Zero?

Ignore Defense formula is multiplicative, and also asymptotic, we can never get to a calculated 100%. *NOTE* stat window shows ADDED ignore, and is not a true representation of the calculated value.

I asked a similar question in the %Warrior thread here, comparing %Ignore vs %Attack. bossing acts as a total damage effect, as do many many sources/skills/buffs in maplestory. with all the set bonus having bossing as well, in end-game setup, bossing damage becomes less of an increase. there is a 'super funded' best-case option to consider, but personally, i put attack on all my weapons, bossing neb, and settle for ~200% stat window ignore => ~90% calculated ignore. (~150% stat window ~= 80% ignore. this is "plenty" for most warriors). My goal right now is ~200% boss & ~200% ignore. my ignore comes from codex leafre set and link skills, and i'm a kaiser. only our toughest bosses have high ignore values, chaos vellum, chaos pink bean, hard magnus, hard hilla... this is the table i use http://forums.playpark.net/index.php...-damage-table/

super funded option:
    regular potential ignore on all weapons; bonus potential %atk on "every possible item" (idk which can/can't); bossing from stacking set bouns

5. Orbital Bee Cannon

Default Re: What's the current Ignore Defense Cap? Also is this good for Zero?

For my Zero, I got 91% Boss Att / 169% PDR for Alpha, and 141% Boss Att / 119% PDR for Beta. Yeah Boss Att and PDR is different for both of them, Beta gets 50% additional Boss Att, while Alpha gets 50% additional PDR.

My intended bosses to fight regularly are Gollux/Commerci/Hilla/Showa. First 2 are for loot, second 2 are for Elixir farming. May also do the lesser bosses if I'm really bored. Haven't done a real attempt at Arkanium yet. Unsure if I 'll even touch Magnus, even on Easy mode.

6. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

listing total PDR is not useful. PDR is calculated from the greatest % to the least %. a few 30%'s > a bunch of 10%'s

7. Orbital Bee Cannon

Oh, my bad.

Let's see. I'll list them from highest to lowest for each:

Beta PDR:
    30%
    30%
    15%
    10%
    10%
    10%
    6%
    6%

Okay this is weird, I'm getting 117% total when my status window says 119%. Eh, whatever 2% won't make a huge difference.

Alpha also gets 50% PDR on top of all the amounts I mentioned if I'm currently using him.

So for Alpha it looks like this:
    50%
    30%
    30%
    15%
    10%
    10%
    10%
    6%
    6%

I'm not sure how much a difference the last 6% PDR makes. The last 6% PDR is from Beast Tamer card, which I can possibly exchange out for something more beneficial.

8. Flatpanel TV
    usa

pick an arbitrary boss with a PDEF value you actually care about for example I will pull out Gollux:

using this thread, im going to assume Gollux' pdr is 60% on hell. Hard hilla is 70%

using your values say for alpha on hell gollux:
    60%(50%)=30%
    30%(30%)=21%
    30%(21%)=14.7%
    15%(14.7)=12.495%
    10%...=11.2455
    10%=10.12095
    10%=9.108855
    6%=8.5623237
    6%=8.048584278

which means your alpha will lose 8.05% of its range trying to hit hell gollux. these bosses have low pdr, so you gain more from boss % as you can see(as after 15%, gains become negligible)

to use a more extreme case like Chaos Pink Bean, you see the after effects of low Ignore pdf quickly using alpha again:
    50%(180)=90%
    30%=63%
    30%=44.1%
    15%=37.485%
    10%=33.7365%
    10%=30.36285%
    10%=27.326565%
    6%=25.69...
    6%=24.15....

as you can see, lower %'s diminish in value, that alpha 50% ignore PDR is a blessing though. lets see how much damage beta loses vs CPB

30%(180)=126
    30%=88.2
    15%=74.97
    10%=67.473
    10%=60.7257
    10%=54.65313
    6%=52.467
    6%=49.32

where you will almost lose 50% of your damage using beta on CPB. on the bosses you listed, you wont really need much Ignore PDR, but be aware that if you try to attempt higher pdr boses like Chaos Vellum or CPB, you will lose a chunk of damage.

9. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

i personally prefer to calculate it out of 100%, so you can then use that number as your "actual PDR" and figure out all the other bosses.

i got: 73.171% PDR ignored and 86.585% ignored, you can then multiply these by the PDR value of a boss to figure out how much remaining PDR they'd have.

ex: 180*(1-0.73171)=48.2922% also, the bolded is wrong, you multiplied by 0.96 instead of 0.94 there, didn't check the previous examples.

10. Orbital Bee Cannon

Thanks a ton for the work you put into the post. It really shows how big a difference PDR can make on certain bosses.

11. Flatpanel TV
    usa

closeenough.jpg (not like 2% difference matters much, I rounded it in the end with a statement)