1. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Black vs Red Cubes

Yes, because Maple's RNG is a stupid PoS.

2. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

I'm not saying RNG isn't crap. I'm saying his process influences the outcome too much.

3. Neutron Straight Male
    IGN: Swirlled
    Server: Bera
    Level: 250
    Job: Aran
    Guild: AUniversityO
    Alliance: Honour
    Farm: Swirlly

wow it's weird watching myself train in someone else's video.

In my experience, Reds are decent from Epic-Unique, but definitely switch to Black if you're going for Legendary.
    Reds have an absolute pomegranate chance of ranking up from Unique-Legendary, while Black is more bearable.

4. Neutron Male
    Server: Windia
    Job: Merc/Phantom
    Guild: Intensity
    Alliance: DreamHome
    Farm: Armadillo
    usa

Is there suddenly some well known, proven way to manipulate the cubing RNG that I'm not aware of...? We really have no idea how the Maple RNG works...For every story about people going on bad cubing runs, there's a story about quick tier ups.

5. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Seed theory is real.

Seeds are manipulated by nexon during certain situations to result in horrible rewards. Miracle time and flash cube sales are the biggest examples. This is why i advocate only cubing for tier up in miracle time (rather than go for relevant stats), and saving sale cubes until after the sale is finished (if applicable).

What i posted before about changing channels and "spamming cubes being terrible process" is just my hypothesis on how to make yourself a little less susceptible to bad end.

The cubes that EMS has that show you a list of possible upgrade paths which refresh every so often also backs up nexon's use of seed theory.

6. Default Re: Black vs Red Cubes

Somehow those videos made me sad...

7. Default Re: Black vs Red Cubes

Unless the RNG is abysmally stupid that's not how seeds work.

Like, it would have to be at the point of "every 10th 10% used on the server works, guaranteed" before there's any meaningful way to pick a certain seed.

If it's a more normal RNG, the only way to abuse seed theory is to know the exact seed it's currently using. Not "are the last 4 potentials any good" but "it just rolled 0.375992"

Although when running through a few cubes at a time, I have noticed near-repeats of potential, so maybe it is that stupid.

8. Default Re: Black vs Red Cubes

I have been superstitious about cubing/potentialing/etc in MS ever since I had a friend find his "lucky spot" in 2007. The guy would scroll in the same spot, same fm, same channel, every time. He would take 10% scrolls and pomegranatety npc gear and would purposely fail to scroll the gear (2-3 times) for before scrolling the item he wanted. If one of his dummy scrolls (the 10%s) would pass he would fail 5 scrolls in a row before he considered himself "cleansed" of the passed 10%.

In the end, the motherpineappleer would almost always pass the scrolls he wanted to pass. He made insane 30-50 stat sauna robes with 10% and 30% scrolls and made HUGE amounts of cash for them.

9. Default Re: Black vs Red Cubes

I have a friend that did that with Black Scarab's and all sorts of claws back when Sauna robes were a thing... I can attest to this.

10. Default Re: Black vs Red Cubes

I had a friend that used to do the same thing, always ch7 in front of door 7, had a whole math system that I never understood.

11. Default Re: Black vs Red Cubes

Just out of curiosity (off topic) but... is he playing in 1080p, and how the hell do I get that? The highest resolution available to me is 1366x768 which has a pineappleed up ratio on full screen on my 1080p monitor.

12. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

13. Default Re: Black vs Red Cubes

Why nexon chose the resolution they did, I'll never know.

The resolution they chose is very close to a 16:9 ratio and therefore upscales to "1080p" with almost no cost to the picture quality.

The closest true 16:9 resolution to 1366x768 is 1360x765.

Sauce

14. Default Re: Black vs Red Cubes

I think messing around in regedit can allow you to go 1080p. I think it was in one of the first You&I update threads. We all thought they finally brought out 1080p but I guess the guy just messed around in regedit.

15. Default Re: Black vs Red Cubes

Well it only took 20 black cubes for my Rare shield I'm cubing up to go Unique, so guess I'll stick to these :D

16. Default Re: Black vs Red Cubes

Sacrificial scrolling is a fallacious concept. If you passed 3 scrolls before, what's your chance of passing the next 10% scroll? 10%. Doesn't matter what the hell you passed previously. It's like saying "I rolled a double 6 on a pair of dice, I can't possibly roll it again." You may think that on the whole, the chances of passing 1 scroll after failing e.g. a dozen is very high, but the next event is totally independent from the former, because there is no knowledge of the future. This is an addicted gambler's mentality.

Which do you think is more likely? Failing 12 scrolls then passing 1, or failing 13 scrolls then passing 1, or "having only 1 scroll pass in 12(x) scrolling attempts"? x can be any number, but if you don't know what x is then you can't say anything.

This only demonstrates pure luck and a not-so-good RNG.

Hadriel

17. Default Re: Black vs Red Cubes

Why would you cube from rare when there are 50% epic pot scrolls in the RED shop?

18. Default Re: Black vs Red Cubes

This has tended to be my experience nowadays. Whether scrolling, cubing, or items dropping... I tend to see lots of repeats during a short period of time. I assume this "short period of time" is one server tick, and the seed gets reset upon the next server tick? (it's been quite a while since I read up on how RNG's work, and I might be using terminology wrong...)

I first noticed this when I would get multiple rare drops while grinding... from several kills within a few seconds. Then go back to not finding that rare drop for a while, only to have it drop from a few monsters at the same time again. (rather than just finding ONE, since it was a rare drop item)

As for scrolling, same thing... players are often complaining of failing several event 50% scrolls in a row, only to pass several in a row later. (rather than getting a more "random" 50-50 mix of pass-fails)

Cubes and circulators? Same experiences... too many repetitive lines within small time frames.

I've gotten to the point where if I get a fail, or a repeat, I just "take a break". But if I'm on a lucky streak, I ride it.
    Used to do ALOT of scrolling back in the day, and I don't remember it being like this.

19. Default Re: Black vs Red Cubes

Testing purposes and because I don't have any coins after using all of them on I/CoGs and Prot scrolls :(

Also missed the first day of the 4th check-in event :|

20. Neutron Male
    Server: Windia
    Job: Merc/Phantom
    Guild: Intensity
    Alliance: DreamHome
    Farm: Armadillo
    usa

lol, I know how a random number generator works. I just want to know what makes you so absolutely sure they "manipulate" it.

I'd really like to see some solid evidence here (I know it's not possible).