Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Post your matches

I wanted to make a thread where we can post and talk about our own matches, because i didn't quite feel it fit into any of the other threads although it can be shoe-horned into the "How was your day dota edition" thread.

I want to start off with two matches:

http://dotabuff.com/matches/302832970
    Spoiler

Looking at the stats of this game, you'd say that the Luna did a good job carrying her team. This why stats don't tell the entire story of a game.
    This luna had a safe-lane, got early kills and rushed midas. She then proceeds to go a farm-heavy build and farm farm and farm, the tide-hunter went for a quick vlads and also farmed the jungle. This team could have pushed and won quickly, instead the tinker, tiny and kotl were left to defend towers on their own. It was only after luna began being ported to the lane that we were trying to push that she actually joined the pushes.
    We could've won quickly, but instead we won at 50 minutes. I lost mid to the kunkka and tried my best to recover which i succeeded at in the end of the game.
    But yeah this luna would save up 6k raw gold and then buy an entire butterfly as her second big item and continue farming. We won, yes, but 30 minutes later than the opening we had and it gave the opponent and way back into the game that they didn't abuse, but could've abused.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/295636683
    Spoiler

When your opponent picks lifestealer and huskar in a pub, what do you do?
    You counter-pick the ever-living pomegranate out of them and absolutely stomp them. This game felt great.
    Didn't get to finish my refresher though, made a heart and in retrospect that wasn't even that great of an item against a huskar and a lifestealer.
    Last edited by Malthe; 2013-10-20 at 06:04 AM.

2. Default Re: Post your matches

This is the only match I've played lately and it was quite easy.

Other than the PA no one in the other team was good at farming. That PA was troublesome for me because I couldn't split push, at one point she would 2 hit me so I had to farm safely in my jungle or when lanes where pushing to finish the Sheep Stick (to deal with her). Once it was done it was an easy win. Our friend even got a rampage the next teamfight haha. Magnus was also playing really well, he had 2 beautiful RPs.
    If I had to do more than farm we would've lost because other than my Sheep Stick I was useless. :D Oh, and saving ulti for teamfights also helped the team but that's kind of expected...

3. Default Re: Post your matches

http://dotabuff.com/matches/306656321
    Spoiler

This game was lost due to one thing, people who skill their heroes without considering who the enemy is.

Mirana skilled arrow level one, and surprise surprise died a ton in the off-lane, she was 0-5 when the laning phase ended. This should not happen against an enemy warlock supporting an alchemist, they have nothing to stop her from just leaping away. But no, she insisted that getting arrow level 1 was the best thing to do because else she couldn't "Do something against the warlock" which baffles me.
    And invoker went Quas wex which in this game seriously does nothing, he was a non-factor entirely, drop EMP against that team aaaaaaaaaaand they don't care. Sunstrike could've helped a ton since we had a ton of ways of holding someone in one spot and forge spirit minus armor would've been invaluable.

Sigh. Hard game became impossible game because of that.

4. Default Re: Post your matches

My first Kunkka pick

I thought we would lose that game because I've never really practiced Kunkka. Torrent is kinda easy to use but the boat I had trouble with, despite landing one or two decent ones.
    I think one of the reasons why we won is because the other team wasn't that great.
    The next match I wanted to play OD but some guy picked it before me so I decided to play Kunkka again and that game blew. Laning against Clockwerk was stupidly easy because he stayed in the same spot trying to last hit, which made torrents stupidly easy and he even went back to fountain once because of my harass. My first gank failed...every gank failed, Clockwerk was a fine ganker and a Tiny owned us awfully :( Getting used to boat cast range and the actual distance it travels is hard.

5. Default Re: Post your matches

http://dotabuff.com/matches/311096676

Our first thought when we saw our opponents' lineup was: pomegranate this is gonna be tough. But turns out my team had one of the best teamwork I've seen in solo queue in a long time

6. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

Default Re: Post your matches

I'm not a good midder I know, but seriously a Timbersaw over a NS?
    AND WITH A BROODMOTHER AT BOTTOM?

I couldn't defend my lane with that Brood harrasing me the whole time.
    So I tried to keep ganking top and mid.
    Turned out pretty well...

7. Default Re: Post your matches

You need to farm more when playing utility or carry. The few games I've watched you play you always stop farming after one point.

8. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male

In that match particularly it was so hard for me to farm.
    The Faceless was gettin all the jung, the constant push from Broodmother and the fact that Timbersaw stayed in mid THE WHOLE GAME. I didn't find any other thing to do but constant ganking.

Aaand this is my latest match.

Finally got Bermyx with enough confidence to go over real matches.
    I gave too much fed on this game, got to sacrifice a couple of times for that jug :|
    And the tiny was awesome.
    I've been randoming all along.

9. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male

Feels so good to win with medusa.

10. Default Re: Post your matches

http://dotabuff.com/matches/318619673

Played a bristleback solo mid against an od and did surprisingly well, starting a really great game. I literally collapsed laughing for 1 minute at one point when they chased me from their base past my first tower at mid, while surviving on less then a 100 hp for a quarter of the journey and causing 2 or 3 of their deaths. Bristleback is fun

11. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Support Brewmaster for the win.

https://www.youtube.com/user/joinDOTA?feature=watch

We had no true supports and 4 of us were melee STR heroes, so I went Support Brewmaster, warding the rune spots and supplying Urn Charges/Arcane Boots and eventually Vlads. I supported in battle by using Drunken Haze and Thunder Clap to make Weaver and Drow have a bad time, and ult-ed when I was about to die. Things went far better than expected. Visage actually went mid versus a Drow and won hard, Skeleton King on my team jungled and balled out of control with his Midas and Armlet into a Deso/Rapier/Abyssal Blade.

I repeat, Visage won mid versus a Drow and later ended up with an AC/Heart/Scepter. That's just all kinds of wrong. Both Visage and SK were Russian too.

*Adding another here because I don't feel like double posting. Yet.

Bad game as Lycan where I forced Nyx to go mid at the expense of feeding when I could have picked Leshrac as my other draft pick. Made bad decisions the whole game.

Next game however...

http://dotabuff.com/matches/321835720

Weaver safe lane, I jungled, Zeus mid, SB + Venomancer bot. Needless to say, me and Weaver jumped Sven and Lion quite a few times. We balled out of control so hard it was hilarious. The SB was actually very competent and ganked really well. The Venomancer dusted, which helped crap on the Bounty Hunter and Clinkz so hard. Zeus did well for his first time. Also, having 2 Infest partners to jump a group is nothing short of sleazy yet highly amusing. Poor enemy Lion wanted us to finish fast so hard because he was tired of the 3 Gankstas jumping his butt repeatedly.
    Last edited by IllegallySane; 2013-09-25 at 02:29 AM.

12. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male

Man... ass shaker is one pineappleing beast now.
    Dat 400% dmg
    dat extra range on fissure
    I could effectively use fissure + blink + echo at max range all of them and dispatch the whole enemy.

13. Default Re: Post your matches

Had a wonderful Rubick game, saving people with force staffs, disabling people, stealing spells and pomegranate but my other teammates didn't want to win.
    It took Ursa 20mins to farm brown boots+Vlads, PA was useless until much later, Pugna was clueless and wasn't attacking buildings and Pudge was actually ok for once.

That's support Rubick for you, highest level from very early, involved in most kills and it's just a shame he isn't a bit tankier :(
    Also, I hate how people just repeat what they see in certain pro players streams... I'd love to play mid Rubick, he can do ok-ish there, the farm does wonders for him and I can play him alright; but no one gives me a chance because Pudge/Invoker.

EDIT: Played and picked Rubick once more and it went just as great for me, I was praised for my steals and stuff, and also had a really competent team that played well throughout the game:3
    Last edited by Words; 2013-10-22 at 10:32 AM.

14. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male

Gettin better and better with mirana.
    My new waifu <3
    Mirana items are welcome to trade :3

you may think I was awful, but for the last 4 minutes of the match my team decided to feed from their fountain while I was pushin even if the gg was called, but for the most part I had to ward/offlaning.
    oh and I was AGAIN against a dual lane mid of sniper + disruptor. My tower didn't fall in the whole match ;)

15. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

I don't always carry, but when I want to be a jerk and win, I pick the Cancer.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/355477773

Too lazy to screenshot, crop, and upload.

16. Lead Ball
    IGN: Killmeplsok
    Server: Cassiopeia
    Level: 181
    Job: Captain
    Guild: LoveOfCari
    Alliance: LoveOfCari
    malaysia

Finally had the chance to try out the new patch, been busy for the whole week.

Picked cm, my favorite hero, 2 times in a row, man that was fun, I really like this patch now that I have so much extra gold to play with.

Aggressive picks, early aggression, fast game. I really like the feel of chasing people down with cm on tranquils, ended it with an epic ult triple killing while everyone else on my team died, perfect 1st game after a patch.

One of the best game I have so far in solo queue, wisp generally don't work well in pubs, especially solo queue but this is an exception though just by looking at the score board you probably think sk carried the whole team to win the game. No, he literally went jungle for a good 20 or 30 minutes, leaving us 4v5 in the lanes and come out with a divine rapier, whole team died several times just to save him. We won it, but I wouldn't want to have that sk in my team again.

17. Default Re: Post your matches

>Friend asks me to join him in a bot game
    >Say ok since i'm too tired for a real game
    >He accidentally queues for a real game
    >Everyone on our team feeds in the beginning
    >It's np, we tryhard picked drow+visage
    After my 4 initial deaths i didn't die ever again.
    Spoiler

We won quite hard after the bad start, after which enemies blamed their loss on their lack of wards and that we clearly bought lots of wards.
    ... The only support thing i bought was walking courier and nobody bought wards LOL

18. Default Re: Post your matches

After a horrible game in which everyone carried me (including other team giving away a rapier) I played Clock. At first they wouldn't trust me going mid against DP but I knew it would be easy!

Once I got lv6 no lane was safe. Missed 3 hooks all game, two because I got juked, one due to my stupidity... the rest were succesful and kills.
    I'm not sure but I think I even got my scepter before N'aix got the armlet too lol, farming heroes is just op.

19. Lead Ball
    IGN: Killmeplsok
    Server: Cassiopeia
    Level: 181
    Job: Captain
    Guild: LoveOfCari
    Alliance: LoveOfCari
    malaysia

Well medallion and mek count as support item I guess. Man, playing visage like that must be fun, too bad my Micheal skill is so bad that I couldn't play it well, I have 100% lose rate on both chen and visage, 2 games each.