1. Default Protests in Ukraine, with absolutely apocalyptic imagery.

http://imgur.com/a/lnawg#0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrZcAsPKK74#t=696280
    Live camera feed of the barricades in Kiev. They're burning.

Note, a lot of this imagery is... absolutely graphic, and if you're sensitive to such things, don't click on it.
    And by absolutely graphic, I mean pictures of people burning graphic.

But this isn't being reported, like, at all, on American stations, and it seems that our media is trying to keep it in the dark.

http://imgur.com/gallery/lxkbH
    This is a pretty apt summary of why people are rioting in Ukraine. (Imagery warning)

But the image on the bottom is basically what the boiling point was.

Spoiler

this is real, this is happening, and this isn't being talked about.

2. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: Protests in Ukraine, with absolutely apocalyptic imagery.

Reddit had an AmA today with a guy who has been protesting in Ukraine for the past 2 months. Interesting read if anyone is interested: Ukrainian Protestor AmA

3. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

I'd just like to point out that this is being covered by NPR, though I can't speak for other news agencies because I can't stand to watch them. That said, the radio coverage is nothing compared to those pictures.

4. Default Re: Protests in Ukraine, with absolutely apocalyptic imagery.

It's because our media is more interested in profit than truth.

The bieber pomegranate and the superbowl prep get a LOT more hype and thus viewers than actual news.

5. Default Re: Protests in Ukraine, with absolutely apocalyptic imagery.

I would give my thoughts but from what I read there it seems what I already heard is not the whole picture but at the same time is heavily biased and just like the syria crap unless you read a lot you wont get whats actually going on but I do have a opinion on something, no matter how horrid and awful your goverment is don't be stupid and start destroying stuff and hurting people because thats as good as giving them a free pass to pineapple you up(since they can just call you terrorists and or rebels and not many outside the country would know its true or not).

6. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

At least those topics are "news" if not political/social/economic, but what really gets me is when they start reading twitter posts. If I wanted to read twitter posts, I'd be pineappleING ON TWITTER. But you're absolutely right. As long as Americans continue to watch the "news" there won't be any changing it. It's more of a social problem than anything else.

@Luxeraph; In general, I agree. But their elected representative, president, campaigned on the promise of striking an economic deal with Europe and strengthening ties. He then reneged in a highly public manner that strongly hints of bribery in a country with a lot of corruption.

I can't really say that I approve of gun fire and chucking Molotov cocktails, but it's hard being an American and saying violent revolution is unjustified. Hell, we rebelled over much less than what these people are fighting for.

7. Can of Soup Straight Male
    IGN: chicoran
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Aran IV
    Guild: Risk
    Alliance: Bastion
    venezuela

And this boys, Is why Venezuela is the way it's right now. It's not illegal to be against the goverment, sometimes, you are more patriotic that way than being with the goverment 100% of the time or just accepting what they do... The people in ukraine are heroes, they started in a pacifist way, there was even one who played a piano in the middle of the whole problem but the president passed some laws that made riots illegal and the intervention of the berkut (Pretty much something like CAP's force that did all the dirt job), it's true that things are exaggerated in some points but that still doesn't change the fact that the people there are fighting for their own freedom and want their country to change, something that no Venezuelan nor myself can't deny because let's be honest, we are a bunch of cowards.

I admire the people that is protesting in Ukraine, because you can easily see that they are organized, and that they really love their country.

Also, being a called a rebel isn't bad, most Latin American leaders were called rebel (or real rebels at some point) like for example our now ex president or Brazil's current president... For example if a riot started right now in Venezuela, I'm 100% sure that the people from other countries won't see us as terrorist but as slow minded people that took too much time to take action...

8. Default Re: Protests in Ukraine, with absolutely apocalyptic imagery.

Im reading that AMA with the protestor right now. Interesting stuff.

Hopefully it gets resolved soon, and the people get what they have been fighting for.

9. Default Re: Protests in Ukraine, with absolutely apocalyptic imagery.

If your country is as similar to mine, as I believe, it'd be the conservative people in your own country who calls the rioting people terrorists.

The funny thing about @Luxeraph; post is that he says that violence gives the government a free pass to pineapple people up... when they are already being f'ucked up. Also, from what I read in reddit it seems that they're not being "stupid" and destroying stuff for the sake of destroying pomegranate; but because it covers them from police attacks that have already killed others. It's not like they're being mindlessly violent and you should feel ashamed for saying that they are.

10. Default Re: Protests in Ukraine, with absolutely apocalyptic imagery.

It made it Fox news as of 20 hours ago, so it's not as ignored as implied.

Not to mention it's on Al Jazeera America, BBC, Reuters and CNN, so real and mainstream alike have acknowledged it.

11. Default Re: Protests in Ukraine, with absolutely apocalyptic imagery.

I bet more people know about Justin Bieber being arrested than this...

12. Default Re: Protests in Ukraine, with absolutely apocalyptic imagery.

This picture in the spoiler reminded me about "Papers, Please" for a reason. Anyways, the AMA is an interesting read.

13. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Also living in a neighbouring country of Russia, I can totally understand why they want to join EU. There's problems with being in EU but it's a lot better than falling into Russias sphere of influence and that's what usually happens to countries at Russian border that aren't in EU and/or NATO. If the anti-EU party here ever got in government in Finland, there would be a danger of this happening here as well (although they don't realize this).

This is looking pretty bad though, hope this won't turn into a civil war there or anything...

14. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

The view count gives that one away :I

15. Default Re: Protests in Ukraine, with absolutely apocalyptic imagery.

Hopefully this'll end peacefully. At this point I'm not sure yet - the president has shown he's willing to do concessions, but I don't think the people at European Square will agree with anything less than his resignation.
    There was an offical statement from the government stating that the new protest laws (introduced january the 16th) will be scrapped. The opposition has not yet responded. [article - BBC]

The English PR channel of EuroMaidan [link] also semi-regularly posts maps of who currently controls the local state administrations - since the protest have expanded beyond Kiev by now. This was the most recent one, of 6 PM Ukrainian time.
    Spoiler