Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Update GMS] Patch Available - GMS 1.45

1. Default Re: Patch Available - GMS 1.45

Patch file will likely be up again within the next few hours anyway, since it's set to release tomorrow.

2. Default Re: Patch Available - GMS 1.45

Heres hoping they patch out all bugs before publishing. I'd rather have no bugs than downtime.

3. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: Patch Available - GMS 1.45

This excuse is really getting old. In previous threads, I've come up with a dozen viable ideas for weapons and themes for more archers. My favorite idea is still an Arcane Archer (Mage/Archer hybrid using a "magic" bow a la fire/holy arrow) and there a thousand ideas that could be used here. There could be a Sengoku Longbowman (with aiming mechanics), ballista/catapult user similar to mechanics, sligshot user (possibly the 3rd explorer with Zapdos and lightning attacks), etc. The only one I can't figure out what to do with is a Novan archer.

That said Udyr I mean Beast Tamer looks like an interesting class with a few unique design features so I'm pleased. I'm looking forward to extractions/patch notes.

4. Default Re: Patch Available - GMS 1.45

I thought about ballistae for a bit, but honestly a ballista in any form in this game is going to come off as and play like "crossbow but bigger".

I really like the whole "mage archer" idea though. The longbowmen thing with aiming mechanics that Verrkol mentioned is neat too but I also feel like the majority of players are going to get them confused with explorer archers or not see them as unique compared to explorer archers. I think that for a new archer to be successful it has to really stand apart from other archers in some way.

5. Default Re: Patch Available - GMS 1.45

They could easily make a Bard a Bowman/supportive class. I mean, it's either Magician or Bowman, but I'd like them to be the archer path. I've always loved the bard archetype, I wish more MMOs would use it.

As far as Beast Tamer goes... I've been impatiently waiting what seems like forever for this patch... I'm so ready that it's not even funny.

6. Default Re: Patch Available - GMS 1.45

Cannoneer is exactly this way. Cannon is just a gun, but bigger.

7. Default Re: Patch Available - GMS 1.45

What if they gave the option to install a "lite" client, without the movies? Or even better, find a way to play youtube videos ingame. Crappy quality or whatever, but the client now is half sized.

8. Default Re: Patch Available - GMS 1.45

What does a Bard have to do with Bowmen?

9. Default Re: Patch Available - GMS 1.45

Both use strings to attack?

Unless he's a percussionist... That'd be warrior, right?

10. Default Re: Patch Available - GMS 1.45

Some Bards use Harps, which I suppose you could use as some sort of musical bow.

A class that attacks with music, where you get bonuses for performing good sounding attack combinations sounds interesting.

11. Default Re: Patch Available - GMS 1.45

Some bards in other MMOs can optionally use bows as well. It just depended on what kind of skills they gave it. I think it could be a really cool concept.

12. Default Re: Patch Available - GMS 1.45

Ragnarok had Bard/Dancer, which made even less sense. hahahahah

But yeah, I'm not sure what they can do with archers that is 'new'. We already have an archer riding an animal (WH) and an archer fully harnessing the power of the wind (WA). Beast Tamer could have been an archer, since archers were associated with woodsmen who were associated with animals, but eh.

I want them to finish what they started and just end there. Maple has too many classes and yet found a way to be incomplete.

13. Default Re: Patch Available - GMS 1.45

I don't know if it is a good idea, but they should change the name of the archer branch to something related to long ranged weapons and not something too centered like "archer".

14. Default Re: Patch Available - GMS 1.45

Well, technically it's bowmen.

...Fashion designer branch?

15. Default Re: Patch Available - GMS 1.45

The more weapon-agnostic term is 'Ranger' but they already used that :welp:

Maybe they shouldn't give every new class its own weapons though. Cause seriously, the Demon Avenger 2 hand sword, the Xenon 2 hand sword, and the actual 2 Hand Sword are not different weapon classes.

At least Angelic Buster has the excuse that it's some weird hand-melting dragon-weapon instead of a Claw. DA's Desperado is literally just a sword.

16. Default Re: Patch Available - GMS 1.45

$$$ though.

17. Default Re: Patch Available - GMS 1.45

lol now I'm afraid there's going to be a new archer class using a transparent bow with a weird name and they call it a day.

18. Default Re: Patch Available - GMS 1.45

but archery is the sport of the arrow
    slingshots and catapults don't use arrows

19. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: Patch Available - GMS 1.45

Slingshots could work, or Javelins, or Discus. Maybe even something like Rinoa's weapon:

Or simply a boomerang.

Chakrams could work too.

There are still ideas to work with, it just sucks that they aren't using any, and keep defaulting to "make a new Warrior with a new sword with a different name"

20. Default Re: Patch Available - GMS 1.45

Boomerangs would be so cool, as well as discus.

@McAwesomesauce; "Archer" would just be the class type they are. I mean, Xenon isn't really any kind of Pirate or Thief... I may be wrong, however. But still, thematically they'd be what they're called, but for the sake of equipment/stats, they could just be considered archers.