1. Default 10 F2P games made $3B last year!

...and you'll never believe what Nexon game topped above all other Nexon games.

Spoiler

Destructoid article
    SuperData Research blog article

2. Default Re: 10 F2P games made $3B last year!

I ABSOLUTELY believe DFO grossed more than Maplestory. It's a much higher-quality game, but NexonNA botched it. However, these stats are skewed. DFO did not gross that much. DNF (and other localizations) grossed that much.

That's why I'm playing CDnF. It's like reliving the glory of DFO, but with better content, and a company that doesn't want to see the game tank.

EDIT: The articles don't explicitly state that the revenue was from DFO alone, but it doesn't say it's not, either. I'm just going by the fact that the chart says "Worldwide." Doesn't make sense that a single game would make that much since it was shut down halfway through the year.

3. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Default Re: 10 F2P games made $3B last year!

Found out Candy Crush makes $3.5mil a day according to that link... Who the fu'ck spends money on a dumb jewel game? THAT CAN'T BE TRUE.

At least my future at gaming industry seems bright.
    Last edited by Satellite; 2014-01-21 at 02:25 AM.

4. Default Re: 10 F2P games made $3B last year!

World of Warcraft is F2P? Not that I'd play it because of that it just seems odd.

5. Default Re: 10 F2P games made $3B last year!

Please, a moment of silence for DFO.
    One of the two games I play that I could call a main or favorite. ; - ;

6. Default Re: 10 F2P games made $3B last year!

It's misleading, WoW isn't F2P, but it does have microtransactions to buy mounts/pets, so i guess they count it as a pseudo-f2p

7. Default Re: 10 F2P games made $3B last year!

That's pretty stupid and skews the details even further than what Foolyz mentioned. The only other reason I can imagine it being gauged as F2P is because of the "Free until Level 20" crap. No matter how you look at it WoW is not F2P. Microtransactions don't make it pseudo-f2p either in my opinion. That's just microtransactions. Games like GW2 wouldn't count on this list either because they're B2P, regardless of Microtransactions.

8. Default Re: 10 F2P games made $3B last year!

oh such sadness. My friends keep trying to get me to come to kdnf

9. Default Re: 10 F2P games made $3B last year!

I wish they would break it up into different regions, it can be a bit misleading...