Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default Re: Nexon's costumer service and community relationship.

It is measures to keep society from falling into chaos and ruin, and sometimes to keep the ones in power in their golden seats. Fairness comes as a distant third, at best.

2. Default Re: Nexon's costumer service and community relationship.

3. Default Re: Nexon's costumer service and community relationship.

Firstly: In my honest opinion, you're a moron for spending hundreds of dollars over one piece of equipment in a virtual world in the first place. But, that's really a different argument.
    Secondly: If you got (hell)banned or lost items that were partner to a dupe, then this is your fault. It's like you shot someone and then tried to tell the cops the story that you were handed the gun so the guy who handed you the gun is really at fault. You pulled the trigger. Unless there was another gun pointed at your head (which there wasn't, no one forced you to scroll your gear or to buy AEEs, or whatever you did), it's your fault. Everyone knew there was a duping hack going on within a quarter of a day, and if you didn't off hand all you had to do was pay attention to the mass influx of rare items.

Once again, the "this is what we want for compensation" train rolls in, and it asks for far more passengers than it will ever get, and above that, deserve.

You seriously think that Nexon would ever, ever, ever, ever, compensate with the strongest gear in the entire game (If there's something slightly better at this point, sorry, but it's still one of the best sets in the entire game so my point remains valid)? And free upgrades for it? Are you high? You must be. What about all the people who justly earned those drops? They will now literally be cheated, because you guys did. You cheated for gear, and now you get that gear back?! You have to be insane! You should seriously think about someone besides yourself before you speak of server/game-wide compensation. If you truly, 100%, did not cheat, in any way, to get your Tyrant gear then you should bring it up with customer support. I'm not saying you'll get anything, but expecting free compensation of some of the best gear in the game after a massive duping cheat that mass produced them is probably one of the dumbest things I've heard in quite some time.

Probably 75% of the Tyrant gear that exists was, in one way or another, duped, or the product of a dupe (IE: The kill that dropped it was due to the player who did the kill having dupes or dupe-influenced gear). That's probably a low estimate. These things were justly deleted. Partake in cheats and reap the consequences. There should be no sympathy for anyone who touched them, because they deserve none.
    Last edited by Polantaris; 2014-01-21 at 02:46 PM.

4. Default Re: Nexon's costumer service and community relationship.

While I agree with your sentiment, I don't think you know what happened. No boom AEEs (and other consumables) were duped en masse and some players bought hundreds for 1 meso each, and used them to enhance their tyrants to 15 stars. A lot of "legit" players justified it by saying that they were just taking advantage of good deals in the FM, but they were also exploiting a really obvious dupe. Some equips were duped, but the bulk of the damage was from duped no boom AEE.

5. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: Nexon's costumer service and community relationship.

That's a pretty hard ass accusation if i have ever seen one.

6. Default Re: Nexon's costumer service and community relationship.

I know what happened, there was a pretty hefty thread about it within less than 6 hours of the start of it happening. Everyone knew very quickly, and those that still bought while knowing should face the consequences of their actions. Everyone knows Nexon handles dupes very badly, and a lot of people were wise enough to stay away completely. A lot of others decided it was the perfect time to upgrade their gear and it bit them in the ass.

Yes, duped no-boom AEE was the major issue. And what did people use duped no-boom AEEs on? Tyrant gear. Tyrant gear that would be in much smaller supply in the first place if there was no duping problem to begin with. Tyrant gear is supposed to be rare yet is everywhere in GMS. Why do you think that is? Even if this particular duping spree wasn't majorly Tyrant, most of the Tyrants that existed were already due to dupes. Directly or indirectly is irrelevant.

Above that, saying compensation should include Tyrants, even if they were never duped, is absolutely ludicrous.

7. Default Re: Nexon's costumer service and community relationship.

While I really do agree with your hardball line, I must point out that Marvel machine and a few gold box and NX key style events spewed out Tyrant gear in GMS.

8. Default Re: Nexon's costumer service and community relationship.

Granted I didn't know that.

Even so, scrolling even legit gear with duped scrolls is still an in-game "crime" in my opinion.

To make another gun-related analogy, since I used one earlier: It's like saying a stolen gun is suddenly legitimately yours because you used your own clip (Backwards is probably more fitting, but either way works really).

How would it be any different than scrolling with a regular EE but failing and your gear going boom? It was specifically done because they were AEE's. A ridiculously large quantity of AEE's in the market should have been a red light to anyone, ignoring that red light is their problem, and they should face the consequences of their actions.

9. Default Re: Nexon's costumer service and community relationship.

I wonder if he'll use a certain users argument of "I DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS JUST A MERCHANTING OPPORTUNITY"

10. Default Re: Nexon's costumer service and community relationship.

I doubt it, he hasn't posted since OP and I don't think he wants more after all replies so far.
    I'd be surprised if he did post... even if it's not that argument.

11. Default Re: Nexon's costumer service and community relationship.

Just to provide some context on who this individual is (I am in the same world as him), I can say with certainty that what he says here is true:
    In his defense, he leads Scania's largest family and one of the oldest guilds in the server, and is well respected in-game. This fact is not relevant to this discussion, but please, don't make baseless accusations that he's the perpetrator of, or associated to, the duping scheme.

I think his statements, however, are more on the emotional side than the logical, as it seems he's very upset over the fact that many of his guild/alliance members (unfortunately) took advantage of the suspiciously low priced aee's and subsequently lost their equipment, quitting the game entirely.

Nevertheless, I am completely against his proposal for a compensation as it's unjustified, and I simply can't sympathize with those who cheated to get ahead in the game. The "I was almost certain that we were supposed to receive a rollback, so I decided to go ahead and enhance my items because they'll be reset anyway." and the "I should receive some degree of compensation for exploiting something that I may have possibly gotten away with unscathed." arguments are asinine.

12. Default Re: Nexon's costumer service and community relationship.

yeah, I just can't sympathize with people gambling that Nexon won't delete their duped items and deciding to take advantage of it.

I can understand why people take that gamble (on a number of occasions Nexon's let people keep their ridiculous duped gear, there's still 21% 60 stats warrior/thief tops floating around Bera FM) but complaining when it goes badly? LOL.

13. Default Re: Nexon's costumer service and community relationship.

Just like the newton's 3rd law of motion, the magnitude of using obvious duped items exerted the same force in terms of punishment. My condolences for losing the money extensive items. However, using the duped items thinking that nexon will either rollback or benefit the users tremendously when the process is suppose to be accrued is not something I can support. For every actions, there are consequences. Nexon will probably think the same way as I do (probably even harder principles) so there's probably a very slim chance that compensation will be given out for the deleted "legit" items. It's probably just best to forget about it and move on, learn the lesson for the upcoming incidents (pretty sure this isn't the last), and occasionally log tickets in betting on that slim to no chance that they might give it back.

edit: i like the two total opposite responses the two threads (this and the other one @marksman bryan posted) have on the relevant topic lul.

14. Proton Straight Male

IGN: i123theDemon
    Server: Scania
    Level: 21x
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: DarkLily
    Alliance: Liliace
    Farm: Bugs
    indonesia

I never lose anything man, I told u I wasnt even online lol. Who is this mean guy f3.

15. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

He probably haven't felt how it feels to spend hundreds of bucks on 1 equip just to make it 8 stars ish

16. Default Re: Nexon's costumer service and community relationship.

While I personally never did gat a Tyrant past 6 stars (although I have spent hundreds of bucks ), I have to say spending money does not make you immune to the ToU or give you special privileges. Sure, the top % and the nx buyers are what keep the game up, But if they don't want to play buy the rules they should not play at all. I hate it when I see people complain how they spent so much money and then lost equips when they knowingly used dupped and illegit items. If you are going to spend the money, why bother risking it on something like that? Just because they spent money does not mean they can do what they want or should get reimbursed. And clean tyrants are still worth a decent amount, giving people that broke the ToU and took part of exploits Tyrants would not make much sense. If they had not taken part of it in the first place they would not have lost their items.

@qtpie; Two different cases. In @Marksman Bryan;'s case, he had a legitimate item removed, and he had proof it was legitimate. In this case, the person's friends knowingly abused an exploit and rightfully had their illegit items removed. Might be two sides to the same coin, but they are two different sides.

17. Default Re: Nexon's costumer service and community relationship.

I still have people trying to tell me the nobooms I had from the first and second philo books were duped. There'll never be a way to prove that they were indeed 100% legit, but I know for a fact all of the scrolls I've ever used were not duped.

My old Mercedes' DBG should be deleted. Back when protection scrolls were tradeable I used a ton of duped ones, along with white scrolls. Thinking back on those first major dupes, it's interesting to see how differently everything was handled.

18. Electron Straight Male

IGN: TheBurden
    Server: Scania
    Level: 200
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Reddit
    Alliance: SubReddit
    usa

Now it's different because of the power creep of tyrants is very high, it's very surprising to see such things now. You stopped abusing as you reached the pinnacle of your range so that's whatever, you'd say that now because you're on a different class with a stronger weapon. There are plenty of other items that should have been deleted from the previous mass dupes years ago. I know people who still have 28% str tops and other godlike items, and the 27atk VSS are still in circulation.