1. Idiot. Male
    IGN: Enfris
    Server: Reboot GMS
    Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

Default Re: Nexon's costumer service and community relationship.

Has there even been 10 rollbacks? I can believe that there were about 5 or 6 but 10? No. You're bullpomegranateting.

2. Proton Straight Male

IGN: i123theDemon
    Server: Scania
    Level: 21x
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: DarkLily
    Alliance: Liliace
    Farm: Bugs
    indonesia

U guys who have no sympathy probably haven't felt how it feels to spend hundreds of bucks on 1 equip just to make it 8 stars ish.

Even though Nexon said it only affect 2-3% population, I would say these 2-3% are the ones contributing to 20-30% of the income.
    Altho those 2-3% may buy NX from the other 97% of the players, but basically these NX selling is only made possible due to these 2-3%.

At the very minimum, I think a replacement of clean tyrant + 5ee + 1 unique pot (if the tyrant is unique or better prior to dupe) should be good. Let the guardian scroll/superior wards be a kind of "fine" to them.

PS: I wasn't even online throughout the dupe event, and still got hellbanned. I like the coins that I got tho.

3. Default Re: Nexon's costumer service and community relationship.

There were several rollbacks back in the days through storage and trades which caused lost of equips. These types of rollbacks were eventually fixed. Don't call bullpomegranate because you weren't online.

4. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Now now, let's not start making assumptions. Regardless of what you think about those of us who are unsympathetic or whether or not exploiters provide 1/3 of Nexon's income, they knowingly abused a glitch and got what they deserved. They should feel fortunate that it did not turn out worse for them.

At the very minimum, I think they should lose the item. It is ridiculous that in the past Nexon has merely given a small slap on the wrist and a clean item after someone abused an obvious exploit. It is an asinine policy to not take a more penalizing action and delete the item because it only encourages players to continue to abuse future exploits.

5. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Seriously?

If he'd said, "I'm poor, I never had anything good, so I got tempted to use the duped scrolls to get a few stars on my Nova shoes that I got from the merchant after doing daily quests for three months", maybe I'd have had some sympathy.

But no, he risked his entire account to get the 10th star on his shoe, which would add maybe 1% to his already maxed range.
    And he has the money to scroll and cube a new Tyrant (as he says), but was too cheap to buy the Guardians for that 10th star he so had to have?
    That's not even a matter of the morals of staying legit, that's just plain stupid.

Yes, the rich are what keeps the game in business. But that doesn't mean they should get a free license to cheat. On the contrary, if Nexon wants to keep the honest paying players, they must show that playing by the rules is the only way to get ahead.

6. Default Re: Nexon's costumer service and community relationship.

You can't really group such glitches and actual rollbacks together though.

7. Default Re: Nexon's costumer service and community relationship.

I beg to differ. I have friends who have spent hundreds (or thousands) of dollars on NX in order to be "the best". They got to watch it all go to waste when people bought hundreds of no boom AEEs for 1 meso each and used those scrolls to enhance their tyrants and weapon to 15 stars. All of a sudden, the 9 or 10 star gear they spent so much on lost most of their value, and they spent the next two weeks watching exploiters brag about their equips and how high their ranges are (or rather, were *_*).

I can say for most of us in the legit (and this includes not exploiting freshly duped items) community, the removal of tyrants enhanced with duped scrolls was the only acceptable option. Maybe it was a bit harsh of Nexon not to replace the deleted gears with clean gear, but that also serves as a stronger warning against abusing duped scrolls next time. You ask how people can have no sympathy for exploiters who have had their gear deleted, but I ask how people could have the utter gall to get ahead through illegitimate means and then complain when their items are removed.

8. Proton Straight Male

IGN: i123theDemon
    Level: 21x
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: DarkLily
    Alliance: Liliace
    Farm: Bugs
    indonesia

if u think 10 star tyrant "lost" its value. U r overblowing the number of tyrants that had that many stars.
    Tell me how much in price did they lose.

Also its TOO harsh. U know when they deleted the 38 attack VSS, they replaced us with a clean VSS?
    Dunno whether thats a replacement or just to laugh at those people who buy the duped vss?

9. Default Re: Nexon's costumer service and community relationship.

how is it harsh? Why should a legit player who paid potentially hundreds of dollars to 10 star (or more) their tyrants have to watch their hard work be almost literally pissed on by people who can't play by the damn rules? They took the risk, and they got what they deserved. They should have been outright banned, not a simple slap on the wrist like this. This is not a matter of "needs" or "I've tried so hard and gotten nowhere because of bad luck", this is pure and total greed. It's wanting to get ahead of everyone else at no cost or effort.

10. Default Re: Nexon's costumer service and community relationship.

No, it's not too harsh. People who knowingly buy duped items (and how could you not know it's duped? There are a billion of them floating around with the same ATT and nametag) don't deserve any compensation. If anything, I'm amazed they got a clean pair of VSS.

Same with the No-Boom AEE abuse and Tyrants.

11. Idiot. Male
    IGN: Enfris
    Server: Reboot GMS
    Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

When someone says "rollback", the majority will not factor in server crashes that result in a minor 5 minute rollback. That's why it's bullpomegranate.
    I can only count about 6 rollbacks in Maple History.
    Dual Blade rollback, Meso dupe rollback x2, Legends patch (DDOS) rollback, Dec. 2013 rollback

12. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

Harsh? Maybe.. but eh

Spare the rod, spoil the child.

Many people have already given examples as to why these individuals deserve no compensation.
    Sure, Nexon is a s`hitty company, but this is a step in the right direction.

Wrong is wrong across the board, regardless of you spending NX or not.

13. Default Re: Nexon's costumer service and community relationship.

OP, if you want to know something even worse, MSEA still has bugs that pop up one after the other, a duping exploit that caused major FM breakdown, more bugs, server problems, and etc. Stop complaining and be glad you have Nexon.

14. Default Re: Nexon's costumer service and community relationship.

Just curious here. Did Nexon NA only specifically "aim" seemingly-illegal tyrant gears for the wipe? Any other illegally scrolled items which also received the punishment?

To me, I think Nexon NA reacted fast enough compared to msea here.

Here, the duping was suspected to start on 18 Dec, yet they only did something by trade-blocking the 1st batch of 1.5k accounts on 30 Dec (exploit made known to public 2 days before), another 24k accounts 4 days later because they finally realized that there were many more suspicious items that could possibly be duped besides miracle scrolls (this 2nd wave simply "smacked" many many innocent players in the process, including those who did not even login during that period). 2 weeks later, they did mass wipe of suspected items from all trade-blocked accounts, be it legit or not. Most of my lost items are untradeable/inter-account tradeable like AEES, CSS, special pot scrolls, golden hammer, etc. I did not even touch any duped items. Don't know what joke they are trying to pull here. They "promised" that they will credit back our legit items, but I doubt it now. The best part is that I heard illegally scrolled items and some duped items are still circulating around. I really don't know what they have been checking exactly.

As for this:
    I'm sorry, but there goes my sympathy. If you knew that those were duped stuff yet you still bought them, you don't deserve compensation. As few above have mentioned, be glad that they don't even ban you outright.

IMO, they don't give a ban probably because they are giving you the benefit of the doubt. There were probably some people who really didn't know about the duping and bought the items unknowingly. Nexon couldn't possibly tell who knew and didn't know about the dupe. I think the decision they made was not harsh.

Of course, it's ridiculous to wipe the legit items in the process. Did they promise that they will check again on this?

15. Default Re: Nexon's costumer service and community relationship.

A bit of a tangent here but that thread title is hilarious.

All I can think about is Nexon's fabulous costumes from having a division specialized in that service.

16. Default Re: Nexon's costumer service and community relationship.

I cannot pom this post hard enough good god.

First you go for some sympathy mongering, and then you pull statistics from up your arse and then suggest a tiny slap on the wrist as appropriate judgement, before distancing yourself from the very thing we're discussing.

Nice. Just realize that just because someone pays money in this game (and in any other game) doesn't mean they should break the rules, if people run the risk and get rekt they'll get no sympathy from me (and many others) for being the immoral oppurtunistic scumbags they are.

Those idiots can probably drop another few hundred dollars on 1 item if they're so inclined to gamble it all away to begin with.

17. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

"I only cheated 'a little' (quite potentially a few hundred bucks value-wise, or may even be a lot more). So I'm still just as entitled as someone who plays the game without ever cheating. Right guys? You all got my back on this one, right? Because everyone's in the same boat right?"

*tumbleweed rolls by*

18. Default Re: Nexon's costumer service and community relationship.

Is justice about retribution or rehabilitation?

Both, but more importantly, it's about fairness.

Hadriel

19. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

Well, let's see... there was that one year where the christmas events were a bit different and there was a tree that would grow and explode and drop a lot of stuff for players to loot, which got abused by vac hackers.
    And there was the Happyville no-boom exploit (though it was kind of a year-round issue).
    And um. tch, I can't remember anymore.

20. Default Re: Nexon's costumer service and community relationship.

They did that once out of the 5 or 6 cleanings they did. Lastly the only reason they replaced them with clean stats is because they were worthless clean to begin with. The same cannot be said about tyrant, like, at all.

You deserve to lose your account. People like you feeling entitled because you spent money on spoiled apples, disgusting. Duplicating is cheating, you do not deserve compensation for participating, it's a god given mercy you even have your character Either go spend thousands of more dollars or millions of hours somewhat earning the gear you have so stupid sh`it like this doesn't happen to you.

In fact I would go complain to your parents about giving you the money you rightfully lost. Because I feel they cheated you out of common sense and life lessons about how shortcuts always lead to shortfalls.