Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Extreme Green Potions

Was bored earlier and decided to sacrifice an Extreme Green Potion for the sake of science, and it turns out that Mille Aiguilles' actual attacking speed, and not just the start up delay, is affected by Extreme Green Potions and Speed Infusion. I assume it would also be affected by Advanced Yellow Aura, Zero's Aura, Inner Ability, etc, but I only have SI and potions currently.

I recorded a minute or so clip holding down the attack key with just booster, booster + green potion, and booster + green potion + speed infusion active and counted 18 'hits' of Mille Aiguilles (18 stabs, starting from the very first stab and ending on the first frame of the 18th) and checked the times for each speed:

1.467 seconds w/ just booster
    1.233 seconds w/ booster + green pot
    1.166 seconds w/ booster + speed infusion + green pot

Those times aren't counting the start up delay either, I originally thought green potions would only affect the start up delay but it seems they work for the speed of the stabs too. Would be interesting to see if this works for other 'hurricane' type skills that have actual character animations (Ring of Ishtar does I believe? can't think of others though) to see what works.

I can upload the video later if necessary but if you're curious and have fraps and a video editing program you can do it yourself pretty easily to confirm. I'll try Asura later since that has attacking animations too.

---

Apparently it does affect the speed of Asura too. Counted 20 movements (excluding my irritating Star Cape which seems to move all the time for some reason), with no speed buffs and with decent SI + green potion + booster:

0.966 seconds with no buffs
    0.7 seconds with booster + extreme green potion + decent speed infusion
    Last edited by Mazz; 2014-04-18 at 01:20 PM. Reason: tested Asura

2. Default Re: Mille Aiguilles + Extreme Green Potions

Don't know if I mathed this right, but:
    1.467s/18hit= .0815 s/hit, 60/.0815=736.196 hit/m
    1.166s/18hit= .0647 s/hit, 60/.0647=926.243 hit/m

60/1.467= 40.899*18= 736.196 hit/m
    60/1.166= 51.457*18= 926.243 hit/m

51.457/40.899=1.258
    926.243/736.196= 1.258

That's about a ~25.8% increase in DPS.

3. Brick Male
    IGN: ZeroCA
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero
    Guild: EssentiaI
    Alliance: N/A
    Farm: ReneMule
    usa

Default Re: Mille Aiguilles + Extreme Green Potions

This is revolutionary.

4. Default Re: Mille Aiguilles + Extreme Green Potions

This is just lame, they should fix the green potion already, its stupid to have it go past speed cap.

5. Default Re: Mille Aiguilles + Extreme Green Potions

Indeed. I wonder if it's always been like this.

6. Default Re: Mille Aiguilles + Extreme Green Potions

Looks like it works with Blade Dancing for Xenon too, 50 animation movements in 2.7 seconds with no buffs vs. 50 animation movements in 2.567 seconds with booster + green potion. I don't have decent SI on this character though so only 1 speed step or the difference would be much greater.

7. Default Re: Mille Aiguilles + Extreme Green Potions

The part of Xenon was already known tho, but you cannot go past cap with just green potion on Xenon, you need to get a si mule to test past cap.

8. Default Re: Mille Aiguilles + Extreme Green Potions

Oops. I've coerced a Battle Mage friend to help, about to try Mercedes' Ring of Ishtar then I'll do Blade Dancing again. I don't know of any other keydown skills that have a moving attack animation so I dunno what else to test, but I'm guessing all of them will act in a similar way. I'll edit this post with Mercedes/Xenon info in a few min.

Doesn't work with Mercedes:

2.4 seconds from 0 > 20 character movements w/ no buffs
    2.4 seconds from 0 > 20 character movements w/ green potion, booster, advanced yellow aura

Does work with Xenon:

1.133 seconds from 0 > 20 character movements w/ no buffs
    0.967 seconds from 0 > 20 character movements w/ green potion, booster, advanced yellow aura
    Last edited by Mazz; 2014-04-18 at 03:23 PM. Reason: !

9. Default Re: Mille Aiguilles + Extreme Green Potions

You can steal hurricane on your phantom, should be a 3rd job skill so you can use SI in 4th job.

10. Default Re: Mille Aiguilles + Extreme Green Potions

Does it work with blaster or hurricane?

11. Default Re: Mille Aiguilles + Extreme Green Potions

Hurricane (on Phantom):

2.333 seconds from 0 > 20 arrows fired w/ no buffs
    2.3 seconds from 0 > 20 arrows fired w/ booster, speed infusion, extreme green potion

Seems to work? Sort of. I dunno. Battle Mage friend has now gone AFK but I think I've bored myself with this by now anyway

@Eyon;

Blaster (Phantom):

0.8 seconds from 0 > 10 arrows w/ no buffs
    0.8 seconds from 0 > 10 arrows w/ booster and green potion

I re-tested Hurricane, it doesn't work:

Hurricane:

1.1 seconds from 0 > 10 arrows with no buffs
    1.1 seconds from 0 > 10 arrows with booster, speed infusion, green potion

So looks like ranged/projectile attacks are not affected, but melee attacks are.

12. Default Re: Mille Aiguilles + Extreme Green Potions

Sad

13. Default Re: Extreme Green Potions

this is just an animation speed test?

14. Default Re: Extreme Green Potions

I tested the actual attacking speed (as in, lines of damage registered/second) with Mille Aiguilles originally but it's a lot more irritating to count lines of damage than it is frames in an attack animation, but there's no difference, it's increased with more speed buffs regardless.

15. Default Re: Extreme Green Potions

I counted ~55 hits of Mille Aiguilles in a 10 second period using a green pot and AYA (forgot booster, but that shouldn't really matter, since it's still faster than normal, which would be the point at which it's 180ms, even if it doesn't break the speed cap), which is somewhat consistent with a 180ms delay (meaning, there's no change in the amount of damage done, even if the animation is faster).

However, there's a definitely possibility that I counted wrong, because it really is hard to count damage. I recorded a vid of me attacking at Hilla at 90fps, isolated 10 seconds, slowed that down, and went frame by frame, counting only top hits of Mille Aiguilles (because of Carte Noire). Going over it a second time, I counted ~60 hits.

Chaos Bloody Queen is possibly much better suited for testing this, but my Phantom currently can't access it. If you have less than ~17% Ignore DEF, then it should be clear which hits are Mille and which hits are Carte Noire, as the Guard Break hyper will allow Mille to do more than 1 damage, and the Carte Noire hits would strictly be 1s. Plus, she's generally stationary, and is really just a big blob of HP.

16. Default Re: Extreme Green Potions

I tested at Lyka earlier, my Phantom hasn't even done the Root Abyss prequests I don't think :X I'll check the recording again now.

Just counting the top hits of Mille Aiguilles (not sure if this is accurate for me though, sometimes Carte Noire stacks 2+ lines of damage because I lag a little), but I got this:

1.533 seconds from first > 10th top hit of MA w/ no speed buffs
    1.367 seconds from first > 10th top hit of MA w/ booster, green pot, speed infusion

Some of the hits weren't critical either, which made it even more difficult to count, so I'm not 100% sure, but it does look like the actual attacks are increased in speed as well as the animation.

I'll record at Hilla tomorrow morning/afternoon, don't have time to do any more investigating tonight. It'd be easier to check with as many speed buffs as possible so I'll log on a Battle Mage for Yellow Aura and have SI/AYA/potion and possibly a Zero as well if I can find one.

17. Default Re: Extreme Green Potions

I tested on phantom for dojo and well... green pots doesn't seem to affect blaster at all. Maybe possibly, just start up time but that doesn't matter much. I can't find the use in mille much other than using it on mobs lol.

18. Sacred cow Male
    IGN: Equi
    Server: Aquila
    Level: 235
    Job: Luminous
    Guild: Pineapples
    Farm: holycow
    singapore

Default Re: Extreme Green Potions

mazz stop attempting to break the game plz

19. Default Re: Extreme Green Potions

Bring a BT, should help aswell

20. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: Extreme Green Potions

Sigh. Just another sign that Nexon hates archers.