Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default Archaic mechanics in Maple.

Mechanics that you think are incredibly outdated.

Personally, the removal of buffs upon logout seem to be accentuated lately.

2. Default Re: Archaic mechanics in Maple.

When clicking storage.
    "You can't do it right now. Catch your breath and try again"

3. Default Re: Archaic mechanics in Maple.

Not being able to hotkey event boxes like the Frozen R's, E's, and D's.

4. Default Re: Archaic mechanics in Maple.

The stupid aggro system. Focusing on whoever does the most damage is dumb, there should be classes that can hold aggro and actually tank attacks properly rather than bosses just hitting everyone equally. It'd be interesting for certain classes (Paladins) if they could hold aggro and prevent other players from taking damage, maybe not at any bosses we have right now (since almost everything is the same), but for future bosses at least.

5. Default Re: Archaic mechanics in Maple.

They actually fix that in an upcoming patch.

6. Default Re: Archaic mechanics in Maple.

Things that have expiration date can't stack more than one per slot.

7. Default Re: Archaic mechanics in Maple.

if the expiration date is the same for all, stacking isnt a problem, but, when item creation determines individual expire times, how can the game, or even the player tell when the first created item expires, compared to the last created item?

8. Default Re: Archaic mechanics in Maple.

The sheer number of buffs that players have to recast every couple minutes.

Also this is more of a bug but that stupid glitch that makes you have to re-mine/re-harvest the same herb/vein multiple times because the first time it didn't take.

9. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: TidusAiYuna
    Server: BelloNova
    Level: 204
    Job: Drk
    Guild: Minah<3
    Alliance: Tiffany<3
    Farm: Hyuna<3
    australia

Default Re: Archaic mechanics in Maple.

the delay and random stopping when mining / herbing is really annoying.

10. Water Female
    IGN: PlsBuffBT
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 22x
    Job: Beast Tamer
    Guild: Path
    Alliance: Meme
    Farm: Yeiionde
    england

Some of the daily boss limits, and need for expeditions at all to even fight them. Easy Magnus is only two times a WEEK. Hilla is twice a day, even though the only worthwhile thing she drops now are Stones of Eternal Life, Horntail's ridiculous drop requirements even though his items are basically trash now, the requirement for Pink Bean needing 3 members and using the item needed to fight him BEFORE YOU EVEN ENTER THE FIGHT.

11. Default Re: Archaic mechanics in Maple.

Now worthless equips like zak helms still require sok. They should update the list every once in a while. Almost all lv120+ equips being tradeblock on equips, lv120-130 should at least be account transferable. Requiring parties/expeditions for easily solo-able bosses.

12. Default Re: Archaic mechanics in Maple.

Not being able to change equipment when you've been hit by a monster.
    Not being able to equip pets/familiars when you've been hit by a monster.
    Not being able to drop etc. items when you've been hit by a monster.

It just comes at it the wrong way. I'd be totally ok with "you can't attack for 5 seconds after you've switched equips" but forcing me to wait for 2 seconds until my character's not 'hit', and hoping no mobs will spawn (which happens every 4 seconds) or that the boss won't attack again (pretty much any boss: lol no) is so annoying.

So far as I know the storage thing is to prevent duping, won't let you in until it's guaranteed consistency again.

13. Default Re: Archaic mechanics in Maple.

Mabinogi averages the expiration date.

Item A expires in 10 days, Item B expires in 20 days. Together expires in 15 days.

Stack of 2 expires in 15 days, add another 10 day expiration to it. Gets 13.3 days remaining.

14. Default Re: Archaic mechanics in Maple.

Those damn ghost bells

15. Default Re: Archaic mechanics in Maple.

*Most* buffs expiring after a while, and how when casting a buff a player can't move.

In a world of %hp attacks and what not being a sitting duck for a few seconds will get you rekt.

By most I mean anything that is just hotkeyed to a button and pressed for effect, not talking about things like final cut/blast or triggerable buffs like divine shield, they don't hinder gameplay.

16. Default Re: Archaic mechanics in Maple.

The party system is incredibly archaic and outdated.

Partying should always be better than not partying in an MMO. You should always get some sort of benefit from it. Party play is a step in the right direction. I can't wait until U&I when there's much more party play options.

17. Default Re: Archaic mechanics in Maple.

They should make everyone's buffs like Zero. Either toggle on/off or have long durations, and able to be cast while moving.

18. Default Re: Archaic mechanics in Maple.

I think we can all agree drop restriction at cht is archaic.

Also agree with most things in thread.

@Mazz

I don't think aggro works like, or not in chaos root abyss at least. My dark knight friend and I fight all the bosses, and he has max range while i have 400k. I always aggro the bosses to me and they never attack my friend while I'm doing like 2-3 mils while he is hittting 30-50 mils. IDK if it's an innate feature of threaten, hits per sec with blast, or just surviving their 1hko attacks on pali due to my passive, or what but fact is damage is not what is aggoring them [and no i didn't attack them first]

19. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Why is that a bad thing? Some classes gain a ridiculous amount of damage from having buffs, and if they die with them on their long cooldowns prevent them from doing 100% of DPS. Almost crippling in some cases (xenon, paladin) where you have to sit around for at least 10-20 seconds buffing. Some classes only have like 4 buffs (cannoneers excluding buckshot since it's no delay, i think corsairs) so they can get back to the fight really quickly after death.

The movement thing really just comes down to strategy. You can't just go in and buff like it's no problem anymore, just like you can't go in and have 0 risk of death anymore like in the old days when everyone complained that bossing is all just sit and spam.

20. Default Re: Archaic mechanics in Maple.

Mechanics.