Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default Re: Archaic mechanics in Maple.

It differs at some bosses, I have no idea how it works at CRA, it just seems to be random (aside from blue Pierre targeting someone at random and following them), but in general aggro is based on whoever deals the most damage as far as I'm aware.

2. Default Re: Archaic mechanics in Maple.

Single-action restrictions, with notable actions including attacking, teleporting (major killer), potting, and looting. All of these do not allow the processing of another of these actions (except themselves for attack's case), which is very bad for latency-high players. I don't see why the server can't proc all these based on time-stamps of packets.

Also, AP-reset scrolls and AP assignment... with Xenon being a slight exception.

Last but not least, ships.

Hadriel

3. Default Re: Archaic mechanics in Maple.

Honestly, there are other ways of making bosses more interesting and challenging rather than requiring someone to sit around and buff for 20 seconds. :\ It's especially frustrating at bosses where there are no safe spots, and the long buff times mean that you can have 3-4 chain deaths just because you can't finish buffing and avoid the boss at the same time.

OT: The (bossing) mechanics. Survivability and party support is either a coin toss or useless.

4. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: Archaic mechanics in Maple.

It's really just the effect of bosses being changed so much from what it used to be. You give them so many ohko attacks when they used to never have any and it changes the name of the game completely. It doesn't really matter how many buffs your class has, whether it's 4 or 20 you most likely can't just buff willy nilly you have to do it one at a time not in a macro and ensure your safety while you do it.

It makes sense though that, if you're gaining a 15% all stat boost, or % damage, or any kind of significant gain in power, your sacrifice for that gain would be to pay the delay of the cast. Some skills have no delay though so i don't know how they're justifying delays for skills especially with ohko's in the mix.

There are maybe ways to make it better yes but is it really so bad the way it is?

5. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

MapleStory.

6. Default Re: Archaic mechanics in Maple.

Accuracy.

Hadriel

7. Default Re: Archaic mechanics in Maple.

I understand that you're trying to be funny/edgy/hip, but your answer doesn't make sense if you actually take a look at what the question was. Maplestory isn't a "mechanic" in Maplestory.

8. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

The whole game is archaic enough. And this is very well known.
    I understand you are trying to be an entitled bigot but that doesn't change the fact that the game is based on Freemium instead on a healthy F2P model.

9. Default Re: Archaic mechanics in Maple.

I wouldn't mind if it was toggle but there was still a delay (so you would have to rebuff at the boss if you died). Some buffs look better if you stand still anyway (especially those that cut off at the bottom, as if ground is there).

I just don't like the idea of rebuffing in non-dangerous situations. It's so pointless.

10. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

That i agree with. Rebuffing in not dangerous situations can only really be justified as a sort of gimp for dps but i don't understand the point anymore.

11. Default Re: Archaic mechanics in Maple.

The actual architecture of maplestory is an outdated mechanic

12. Can of Soup Straight Male
    IGN: chicoran
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Aran IV
    Guild: Risk
    Alliance: Bastion
    venezuela

Arans...

13. Default Re: Archaic mechanics in Maple.

The limit of 100 attacks if you attack without moving. It really prevents nothing, with the bots beings so "intelligent" nowadays.

At least the limit should be raised to something more comfortable like 500.

14. Default Re: Archaic mechanics in Maple.

Ive always wanted the accuracy formula to follow a Fibonacci Sequence per level below a monster.
    level / miss rate
    1 = 1%
    2 = 2%
    3 = 3%
    4 = 5%
    5 = 8%
    6 = 13%
    7 = 21%
    8 = 34%
    9 = 55%
    10 = 89%
    11 = 144%
    And every +100 acc stat will give -1% miss rate

but even that would be defunct now. once you're high enough level, you'd either have too much accuracy for it to matter, or the monsters are the same level you are anyway.

15. Default Re: Archaic mechanics in Maple.

That stupid bug where you have to cc twice in order for it to register.

16. Default Re: Archaic mechanics in Maple.

this has already been fixed in kms.

edit: I'm on mobile and I didn't see this was already answered.

17. Default Re: Archaic mechanics in Maple.

Potion drop rate. Why the hell do lv160+ mobs drop unagi and mana elixers? How are those useful at for anyone lv100+?

18. Default Re: Archaic mechanics in Maple.

They useful for filling up my potion pot =D

But besides that to force people to buy pet ignor F4 or suffer clogged ivt.

19. Default Re: Archaic mechanics in Maple.

I think the pet system isn't necessarily archaic, but just stupid. We shouldn't have to pay for a pet... And then have to pay for each specific task it can do. You should buy a pet, and it should already be able to pick your stuff up.

Binoculars/Wing Boots/Scale/etc should be the optional purchase, not its ability to simply pick up items that drop.