street's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: Street
    Server: Windia
    Level: 15x
    Job: I/l mage
    Guild: Imperial
    Alliance: Royal
    Washington

Default When do you stop cubing for boss %?

What amount of boss % do most stop cubing at and start to focus on ignore def?

I currently have 126% boss and 116% ignore

Thanks in advance

2. Default Re: When do you stop cubing for boss %?

Cubing is one of those things where you should keep cubing one thing until you get something "okay", and then move on to the next thing. So if you get any mixture of 2 lines of boss and ignore defense, I'd say to just stick with it and move on to the secondary weapon / emblem. Having all of your equips with average lines is farrrr better than 2 or 3 equips with crazy good lines. After you get decent lines on everything you can focus on improving each equip slowly over time.

3. Default Re: When do you stop cubing for boss %?

A lot of it really depends on what you do/what you plan to do. You can get by with a lot less % Ignore if you don't ever plan on doing things like CPB, CRA, etc.
    There's also % Att to keep in mind as well.

4. Can you hear it?
    street's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: Street
    Server: Windia
    Level: 15x
    Job: I/l mage
    Guild: Imperial
    Alliance: Royal
    Washington

Default Re: When do you stop cubing for boss %?

Forgot about % att. My goal is those bosses i'm just trying to figure out what to keep or not to keep when i'm cubing most of the time.

Still have sw 30% gollux 20% tamer 20% to still add on to my boss total.

So that should be a huge boost when the time comes.

5. Default Re: When do you stop cubing for boss %?

200~300% Boss and 150~200% Ignore is roughly where you want to be for CRA (excluding Vellum).
    There's really no need to go over like 280~300% Boss, since % Att will heavily outweigh the benefits of % Boss at that point.
    You can get by with less % Ignore at Empress (I was fine with like 110% for a while Pre-RED).

But like Justin said, cubing can be a bit iffy, so don't start cubing for one stat in particular. If you land on a nice mix of something, keep it and move on to something else.

I guess I should also add that this varies based on your class. I know some classes have % Ignore built into their skills, which means you don't need to cube for it as much.

6. Default Re: When do you stop cubing for boss %?

The details get abit gritty at places, but suffice to say that Xenons shouldn't attempt to go past 200%Boss on their equipment alone, because the next 40%Boss is going to look like 10% increase in DPS only.

It really depends on the class and your current equipment loadout. For such situations, Diablo III's character profile and weapon loadout is so useful indeed.

Hadriel

7. Default Re: When do you stop cubing for boss %?

consider %boss to be a countermeasure for damage reduction bosses (like Hilla) 100% bossing, will counter her 50% damage reduction.
    this is separate from, but similar to, ignore defense and PDR relationship.

8. Default Re: When do you stop cubing for boss %?

Just to be picky, 100% boss does not quite double your damage, because it is not a straight multiplier even though you would think it should be.
    See Joe Tang's % damage tables to see what I mean.

9. Default Re: When do you stop cubing for boss %?

i kno, and ignore is not a direct negation of PDR either. but both these pairs act as opposites.