Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Ancient Mixed Golems defense buff?

For some reason when these guys buff up, I do more damage to them than I can on any other monster in the game...

The 1.1m damage is on one that's not buffed; the 1.9m damage is one with the buff. This holds up over the course of me killing a few hundred more of them.

I crit for way less on stuff with very little defense (5% def vs. 98% ignore pdr)

2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Ancient Mixed Golems defense buff?

It's not a defense buff but an attack buff (they hit harder, or should).
    I knew it makes them take more damage, but never compared to other mobs. That is odd. Maybe their attack buff buffs you too?

3. Default Re: Ancient Mixed Golems defense buff?

It seems like a 1.4-1.5x damage multiplier when they're buffed up, it doesn't affect your damage range at all, just the damage those mobs take when they have buffs active.

4. Default Re: Ancient Mixed Golems defense buff?

They have both a shield and sword buff that cast separately so I am not 100% sure it's the shield - just seems that way. The attacking one seems to move them from 7 to 13k hits on me.
    1.5x seems right, it's just... weird. Maybe it's meant to be 0.5x or something.

5. Default Re: Ancient Mixed Golems defense buff?

I don't know on specific math type numbers, but when they buff (regardless of what appears over their head) they seem to take more damage and deal more damage. The ones with 2 buffs overhead take more than the golems with 1 buff and they take more than the unbuffed ones.

In my experience it has always been that way. I don't know why, but I don't start taking touch damage from them until they are double buffed, at which point I start doing more to them than I would do to a boss mob.

6. Default Re: Ancient Mixed Golems defense buff?

I though that buff makes them boss monster (so I ended doing boss dmg on them) hmmm but you seem to be right

7. Default Re: Ancient Mixed Golems defense buff?

I still do more on boss than golems, I don't know how everybody thought it was an actual boss lol. Their attacks can be buffed up twice though fairly sure. Its quite substantial damage on unfunded characters if you let them attack you with full buffs on. Last time I remember it was like 24k damage.

8. Default Re: Ancient Mixed Golems defense buff?

I'll test it out once I get my Lumi to level 190 (nearly!).

Hadriel

9. Default Re: Ancient Mixed Golems defense buff?

what's wrong with a buff that increases attack AND decreases defense?

Parashock Guard
    Temporarily decrease your own Guard Rate and defense to decrease the damage taken by yourself and allies, as well as provide them with guard rate and yourself with weapon attack.
    LV1: MP Cost: 24, Self Defense: -11%, Self Guard Rate: -11%, Self Weapon Attack: +2, Self and Ally Damage Taken: -11%, Ally Guard Rate: +11%
    LV10: MP Cost: 32, Self Defense: -20%, Self Guard Rate: -20%, Self Weapon Attack: +20, Self and Ally Damage Taken: -20%, Ally Guard Rate: +20%
    ayumilove description
    orangemushroom image

10. Orbital Bee Cannon

Nothing, except their defense seems not only decreased but made negative.
    They take considerably more damage than shrooms that only have 5% PDRate.

11. Default Re: Ancient Mixed Golems defense buff?

yup, they do.
    so maybe its not a reduction in defense, but a multiplier in damage received

12. Default Re: Ancient Mixed Golems defense buff?

I thought the Att UP buff removed their PDR. Even those Shrooms have a PDR of 5. With the golem having a PDR of 0, you would do more damage to it than the shroom.

13. Orbital Bee Cannon

You'd do 5% more damage, not 30%.

14. Default Re: Ancient Mixed Golems defense buff?

Plus with my ignore PDR being 30%/30%/15%/15%/6%/2% (iirc - not entirely sure where the 2% is from), the 5% on the Shrooms is actually 1.63% pdr.

15. Default Re: Ancient Mixed Golems defense buff?

Do you have 3 Pirate cards? 3 B Ranks would give it.

16. Default Re: Ancient Mixed Golems defense buff?

Ambition?

17. Default Re: Ancient Mixed Golems defense buff?

Could be ambition, the hover tip just says "Ignore Monster Magic DEF:.." which isn't too helpful. It's level 22.

18. Default Re: Ancient Mixed Golems defense buff?

wow! they must have changed ambition, when they changed empathy -> buff duration and insight -> ignore elemental
    sneaky!

19. Default Re: Ancient Mixed Golems defense buff?

It's Ambition then. Every 10 levels = 1%.

20. Default Re: Ancient Mixed Golems defense buff?

I thought this was common knowledge for anyone who trained here.
    The Defense Buff has a variable that says x=150, so I'm guessing that the damage is multiplied by 1.5x. It seems like it, based on damage I deal to golems.