Thread: Recube or keep?

1. Default Recube or keep?

Keep in mind I'm a Marksman so the line of %Dex is obviously a boon. And before you answer, you should know that our Crit Damage is 1.2x - 2.2x, or 2.4x with Bullseye Shot. My minimum excluding the gloves is 1.3x because I have an Explorer's Critical Ring from forever ago.

Should I recube?

2. Default Re: Recube or keep?

i would recube. for legendary the 10% is a low stat, and min crit is cute, but you can do much better.
    this feels like 2 average stats for a tier 4, legendary item

3. Default Re: Recube or keep?

Actually, 16% min crit is far better than a 13% dex line, assuming you're reasonably well funded. With 100% crit, you would only need ~200% dex for that to be true.

4. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: Recube or keep?

From my envelope math, he would need 284% dex for 13%dex < 16% min crit (assuming 100% crit rate).

5. Default Re: Recube or keep?

Not sure exactly how marksmen work, but with 1.3~2.4 crit damage:

1.93/1.85 = 1.043
    13/0.043 = 300.6

Which is 201% dex.

Really though it doesn't matter that much, even with less %dex than that I would advise to keep it, as it is far easier to come by %stat than crit damage.

6. Default Re: Recube or keep?

I need your crit rate and your total %DEX.

Hadriel

7. Default Re: Recube or keep?

I have 100% crit rate and 160%-ish dex.

8. Default Re: Recube or keep?

with a DSE neb you are done!

9. Default Re: Recube or keep?

Is there a list of all of the Legendary potential possibilities? I've noticed a lot of interesting ones... I've never seen this one before.

10. Default Re: Recube or keep?

Guess I spent money maxing Sharp Eyes for nothing then

11. Default Re: Recube or keep?

lol didn't saw you are a MM xDDD

12. Default Re: Recube or keep?

I main warriors, so when I see legendary gloves, I instantly dream of decent SI. marksman are not hurricane-speed skill users, and +1 speed is something like ~9% increase in damage rate.

minimum crit (with 100% crit) is like adding more 'mastery' to your attack range. so while raising your minimum damage is good, i feel (without mathematics) you still have better options available.

13. Default Re: Recube or keep?

What about Decent Speed Infusion compared to %Dex for Marksmen?

14. Default Re: Recube or keep?

decent SI is great for anyone not attacking with hurricane speed.
    plus, there is no nebulite for it. since you have your own SE, you wont benefit from se neb, but
    most players I kno, want 3L legendary gloves with decent SI, SE neb, and at least 12%. that's 2 good lines and a useful nebulite. your glove neb is gonna be 4% stats (until we get upgrades).

15. Default Re: Recube or keep?

I'll take your word for it that you have maxcritdmg of 240%. So your avgcritdmg now should be (2.4 + 1.3)/2 = 1.85x.

You gained 16% mincritdmg. Factoring that in, you basically have an average raw increase of .08x, or a DPS increase of .08/1.85 = 4.32%.

Say you have 165%DEX. Legendary %DEX potential will be 13%DEX (I think). If that 10%DEX stays intact, then it would have been 13%DEX into 175%DEX, or a 7.4% increase in DPS.
    To go further, if in both cases you also have a Legendary 13%DEX, then the total %DEX to compare is 188%. Then 13%DEX would mean 6.9%DEX.

The breakpoint %DEX for a 13%DEX to be poorer than 16%mincritdmg is 8/0.0432 = 185%DEX.

Conclusion:

You either recube this, or recube something else.

Hadriel

16. Default Re: Recube or keep?

I recubed and got 23% dex, which gives me a total of 182% dex, or 192% factoring in Xenon's link skill, thanks guys.

I have to wonder if a line of Decent Speed Infusion and a line of 13/10% dex would be better though.

17. Default Re: Recube or keep?

Snipe AND Pierce have a base delay of 960ms. idk if you have MPE green potion or not, so I will compare for both cases. The starting speed stage after booster is (4), and with MPE it becomes (3).

Observe that 960ms = 30ms*16k, where in this case k = 2 => unaffected by ceiling function.
    Therefore DPS increase follows consecutive fractions i.e. 14/13 and 13/12

DPS increase w/o MPE = 14/13 - 1 = 7.69%; DPS increase w/ MPE = 13/12 - 1 = 8.33%.

Conclusion: Farm some MPE green potions, and get a DSI neb.

Hadriel

18. Default Re: Recube or keep?

dSI is only available on S-Ranked Nebulites, so that's a no go (unless Nexon spontaneously decides to release S-Ranks).

19. Default Re: Recube or keep?

we have [s] ranks in data. we dont have free owls anymore, but they've been in the data for quite some time.

green potions are pretty godly and stack with everything. personally i havent farmed any, and i dont like to farm.
    i do need to grind a few more cygnus knight link skill levels, so maybe...

ima kaiser. i love breaking speed cap!

20. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: Recube or keep?

I don't like farming either. When evo cyg came out i only farmed enough coins to go for 1 run on my own and the other run i farmed for i went with a friend and we both died. I only got 1 mage shoulder which i sold for severely under market price (900m vs the 700-800 i sold it for) and never ran again.

However, i can tell you farming green and red pots are more than 100% worth it regardless of class. It takes less than an hour a day even with 12+ possible unfunded characters and it helps massively in training new classes and in bossing. I wish gold pots weren't so rare though. ;-;