1. Default Which link skill to drop?

Beast Tamer is coming out soon and the 10/20/30% boss damage is a lot better than some of the other link skills, but I'm not sure which one to get rid of.

I currently have the following:

I don't really want to get rid of Luminous or Zero, since my ignore PDR is very low (I don't have a single line of Ignore PDR on either weapon or my emblem, yet at least). I could get rid of Phantom Instinct... with Shadow Meld I have 100% critical rate, and after the Dual Blade revamp I can activate SM at every boss fight, it would hurt me at dojo though since if I wait for SM to activate my clear time will be worse.

Keen Edge is pretty horrible, at +10 all +5 ATT, that's the one I'm considering losing the most, and all of the other ones are either too good to drop (status resist, %damage, my Core Aura is locked at +25 ATT). Wondering if anyone wants to make a suggestion?

I already dropped Mercedes and Kaiser since I don't train and I don't need any more HP.

2. Default Re: Which link skill to drop?

I'd drop Keen Edge, that seems like it'd be a great trade-off for the new link skill (Which rocks by the way).

3. Neutron Straight Male
    IGN: Swirlled
    Server: Bera
    Level: 250
    Job: Aran
    Guild: AUniversityO
    Alliance: Honour
    Farm: Swirlly

Default Re: Which link skill to drop?

Normally I suggest dropping Terms and Conditions, but since you're a DB, I would drop Keen Edge.

4. Default Re: Which link skill to drop?

Keen Edge. If you Core Aura wasn't 25 ATT though, I would've gotten rid of that.

5. Default Re: Which link skill to drop?

If you're ignore werent low, id consider Rhinne's blessing because it is also fairly weak for most classes.

only drop the crit depending on how well you maintain shadow meld. for dojo, you can pause for cooldowns in waiting rooms.

and given your stipulations, your only option IS keen edge.

6. Brick Male
    IGN: ZeroCA
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero
    Guild: EssentiaI
    Alliance: N/A
    Farm: ReneMule
    usa

I thought the 12 limit was a lie.

7. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Is cannoneer worse than keen edge or do you value the hp?

I would test that before making the choice.

8. Default Re: Which link skill to drop?

I dropped my Jett link because I can't be bothered to pay for it, and without the NX dust, it is just rage inducing.

Seeing as HP does not even matter on the newer bosses, I'd drop Cannoneer before Hayato.

9. Default Re: Which link skill to drop?

I wanted to keep it for the HP since without it I don't think I can tank 30k damage reflect, but I'll check, the 5 ATT is almost certainly going to be more of a range boost than +15 all stats.

and I have my Core Aura locked for like.. another 9 months or something, so I have no reason to get rid of that one (yet at least).

10. Default Re: Which link skill to drop?

I'd drop Phantoms or Angelic Busters.

Keen edge is a close 3rd.
    Last edited by fodjgngf; 2014-01-11 at 08:09 PM.

11. Default Re: Which link skill to drop?

Dual Blades are in quite some need of Angelic Bursters.

As asura is the biggest burst damage hit in the game and only lasts for 10 seconds (same with AB), it makes the skill quite damn useful.

12. Default Re: Which link skill to drop?

I believe you can sometimes have 13 on, not sure if a glitch.

But try that first, just in case.

13. Default Re: Which link skill to drop?

When the change came you were able to keep all of your link skills, which meant some people were able to keep over 12 (temporarily).
    There's no way to glitch it past 12.

14. Default Re: Which link skill to drop?

now that the link changed to 7% crit, 7% boss, 4% hp at lvl 120... I bet answers could be a bit different (since 7% boss to a guy like him would be a REAAAALLY LOW increase in dmg, also that crit is almost useless for dbs)

15. Default Re: Which link skill to drop?

Explain how my Zero ended up with 13 when I tried to unglitch my main from the Error Code 38 then.

And no, Zero's wasn't counted.

16. Default Re: Which link skill to drop?

I was just able to successfully give my Hero 13 Link Skills.

Only 12 show up on the UI, but it says 13/12, and the scrolldown box will list all of the bonuses.

17. Default Re: Which link skill to drop?

I can't get 13 link skills on my DB, so I dunno why it's working for some people. :|