1. Default How does drop rate accessory work when in a party

Hi,

Say me and a buddy went and got magnus down to 5% then i equipped my % drop rings/pendants etc. Does this increase the drop rate of the whole run ?
    What if we both swapped equips to drop rate. Can someone please explain how the mechanism works when in a party?

2. Default Re: How does drop rate accessory work when in a party

I'm not 100% sure but I think the drop rate only applies to the person dealing the last blow to the monster

3. Default Re: How does drop rate accessory work when in a party

Pretty sure this is the case with drop rate in general, unless it's a drop rate event. If someone has a coupon or anything else that affects drop rate, it only works off of their kill as far as I know. I know there's a lot of people who do this every day in their bossing so they'd be able to give better insight.

4. Default Re: How does drop rate accessory work when in a party

I've always thought whoever dealt the most damage is the game looks at for drop multipliers.

Like if I do only 40% hp to a boss and my partner does 60% of its hp, if I had the drop multiplier it would not work.

5. Default Re: How does drop rate accessory work when in a party

I'm fairly sure it's the last hit. But apparently, for thing like drop restrictions (meso drops, etc) it's still for whoever dealt more damage.

It's kinda weird on that sense.

6. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: How does drop rate accessory work when in a party

(I always thought) It's last hit.

7. Default Re: How does drop rate accessory work when in a party

I was always under the impression it would take the drop multipliers from whoever did the most damage to the monster, and it was just coincidence that they were usually the same person who would get the last hit. I've had empress runs where I've been the person to kill for example Mihile but he'd only drop maybe 1/2 equips on 8x drop, but all the other instructors would drop all 4/5 items.

8. Default Re: How does drop rate accessory work when in a party

hmm.. thanks for all your replies :)

9. Neon Atom
    IGN: Godtastik
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero / CM
    Guild: Articulate
    Alliance: Notorious

I think it takes the drop multipliers from whoever did the most damage like @Mazz; said.
    This just happen recently this week where I have the drop rate multiplier 4x drop + greed pendant, and I did the last hit on empress (she had about 5% hp left and I'm the only one who attacks at this point), yet she drops puny amount of equips for everyone like 2 for me (Some even gets nothing!).
    I am not the person who has the highest range in the group and I did slack a bit in this run. This is actually the 2nd run, the first run we get plentiful of equips.

10. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

I've always assumed it was the last hit, but I could be wrong ._.

I know when I go to various bosses, my party always tries to make sure the person with a wolf familiar+greed pendant gets the last hit.

11. Default Re: How does drop rate accessory work when in a party

Or as a safeguard, just let the person who deals the greatest percentile of damage with the highest drop rate deliver the last hit, so you don't have to worry about this.

12. Default Re: How does drop rate accessory work when in a party

I personally think it's a factor of both.

13. Default Re: How does drop rate accessory work when in a party

Can we test this on a basic mob? Like say some guy with 4x and some guy with 1x twacking some random monster.

Hadriel

14. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Be hard to find a basic mob that isn't one-hit

15. Default Re: How does drop rate accessory work when in a party

HoH / warrior grounds with level 10 wep and hitting with 1st job skills?

16. Default Re: How does drop rate accessory work when in a party

You all and your crazy 2000%++ range compared to mine...

Hadriel

17. Neon Atom
    IGN: Godtastik
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero / CM
    Guild: Articulate
    Alliance: Notorious

I would try on v2 personally next week. I'll let someone with 1x drop hit archer and pirate v2 until their hp gets to low amount before me doing the killing with 4x drop + greed pendant.
    I will also hit the other 3 v2 until low hp, and let someone with 1x drop do the last hit. This isn't foolproof though but i guess its a start.
    Well others are welcome to try too.

18. Default Re: How does drop rate accessory work when in a party

Could be different for normal monsters. Like, back when there was a drop penalty, if you were way above a monster's level, but someone else in range of the monster's level had dealt the most damage, the monster would still drop mesos even if you were the one to deal the last hit, which I would think implies that it's majority damage, but it could also just be an exception factored into the drop penalty (which I find unlikely, but, the last hit theory had to come from somewhere; there's had to have been some strong evidence for it, but it could just be that the person who did the most damage was likely to deal the last hit as well).

19. Default Re: How does drop rate accessory work when in a party

As mentioned in the post above, I agree that v2 knights are a fairly good indicator for showing the very apparent differences in levels of drop rate compared to regular mobs whose drops tend to be rather... erratic.
    Last edited by user; 2014-01-19 at 01:49 AM.