Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default How would you go about remaking Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

I've been watching a Let's Play of Pokémon Emerald over the last few days, and I started to think about things that could be changed/added to a remake, or maybe even a sequel to RSE.

To change up the last 30% of the game, I would add many more sand banks, little islands, houses and grass/"deep sand"(like in the desert) to Routes 105-109 and 124-131 to make these routes more varied. There could also be currents, but more along the lines of the cycling road of Kanto (where you move really fast if you move along the route but you can slowly move against the stream).

I would also add at least the following Pokémon to the Pokédex:
    Spoiler

These additions should deal with the lack of variety of Pokémon being found in the later stages of the game (and lack of ice types in general).

The ice and moss rock would be in the Shoal Cave and Petalburg Woods (maybe in an area that's closed of until later so the Pokémon aren't super weak). The magnetic area would probably the Meteor Falls. Most side areas could be expanded and the leveling curve could be made a little steeper.

Among other features, Streetpass/Spotpass Secret bases! I'm not sure what I'd do with the Altering Cave, maybe use it for extra postgame legendaries or something like that.

For the story I would keep all the events from Emerald, just make the respective team do all the bad things for some reason. Or maybe just have a sequel to keep down the amount of Water types.

So, what would your ideas for a potential RSE remake/sequel be?

2. Default Re: How would you go about remaking Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

I wouldn't change anything.

I take that back. I would make hideouts more useful. Maybe hideouts could have a way of healing Pokemon or something?

3. Default Re: How would you go about remaking Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

Be able to turn them into Poke Centers?

4. Default Re: How would you go about remaking Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

Eh, that might be a bit too much. The game already has a hot spring area, maybe they could incorporate that but make the hot springs heal slowly (rather than do nothing).

5. Default Re: How would you go about remaking Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

Oh, Global Hideouts would be fun.

I would make it 3D

6. Default Re: How would you go about remaking Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

I don't think there's any going back to 2D unless it's specifically for a "classic" remake, like 20th Anniversary Red and Blue or something.

7. Default Re: How would you go about remaking Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

In addition to updating the graphics and adding later generations' Pokemon...

Get rid of the overabundance of water routes
    Get rid of the godawful fishing minigame and replace it with the method literally every other game in the series uses
    Your rival stays your rival for the entire game instead of wussing out halfway through the game
    More Wally battles
    More trumpets

Alternatively, don't remake it at all because it's already forward-compatible with Gen VI.

8. Default Re: How would you go about remaking Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

Only for people with an original or DS lite. My original DS broke, and DSi and 3DS can't play GBa games so.... Plus any new comers to pokemon obviously won't be able to do this either. Yes, it is backwards compatible to a point, but that doesn't mean they should not do a remake.

They should definitely make surfing faster, and possible expand on the underwater sections? Have more places you could fast travel to by boats (before or if you can't Fly).
    I don't remember if the new games had Game corners, but I really liked Hoenn's game corner. Bring it back with more/improved games?

Make contest faster and have more combinations.

9. Default Re: How would you go about remaking Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

If Nintendo would stop screwing around, they could just put the original GBA games on the eShop and be done with it.

Game corner isn't ever coming back because they care about putting gambling references in pokemon for some reason now.

10. Default Re: How would you go about remaking Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

Aww, but the water routes were so much fun... except for the Tentacool and Wingull that swarm around Trainers like hungry flies.
    Traditional Feebas finding method? Yes please.

And Streetpass Secret Bases.

11. Default Re: How would you go about remaking Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

Obligatory Move Tutors
    New Mega Evolutions
    Wi-fi version of Battle Frontier with other players' teams
    Return permanent weather or extend duration
    Allow weather duration to reset when an inducer returns to field
    In game methods for obtaining event Pokemon and/or moves
    Aeroblast Tornadus pls

Oh, and moar trumpets

12. Default Re: How would you go about remaking Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

Secret hideouts were freaking excellent for EV training and/or abusing blisseys for high exp gains. I really hope they bring them back without changing them too much.

13. Default Re: How would you go about remaking Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

No. Permaweather was stupid.

14. Default Re: How would you go about remaking Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

More spheals (srs)

Having to do soo much in emerald, or at least progress a decent way into the game just to get to the region to catch a spheal was very disappointing to me. Then again I was only drawn in for the cute basketball pokemon anyway.

15. Default Re: How would you go about remaking Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

In what way? A lot of Pokemon and playstyles aren't viable with such a short duration on weather. Save for TTar, Hippowdon, and Mega Charizard Y, weather doesn't even exist in OU. When weather starters (TTar and Charizard) are the only viable abusers of their own weather, there's a problem.

16. Default Re: How would you go about remaking Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

I wanna see how they revamp Contests there.

17. Default Re: How would you go about remaking Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

Permanent weather is a tad broken imo. If that was back, you'd see lots of Excadrills and drizzle Politoed just as before. With 6 generation and their changes, there are plenty of stuff (along with the buffed) that can just outright abuse it just by having an auto weather inducer. I can see something like a Heliolisk abusing dry skin + surf + 100% accuracy thunder, or a solar power boost on sun teams.

You can still use weather, it's just either you have to plan and time it well, or save it for late game.

18. Default Re: How would you go about remaking Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

I prefer weather being gimmicky over weather being the standard.
    Weather wars were boring.

19. Default Re: How would you go about remaking Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

I also want a Stealth Rock nerf, because fuck stealth rock.

20. Default Re: How would you go about remaking Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

I just wonder if GameFreak is even considering a remake. I really hope we do get RSE remakes, though.
    Gotta wonder, though. Would the battle frontier from Emerald be included? That would be a nice interesting touch.