Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default Re: How would you go about remaking Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

So agree, the whole trading concept was stupid imo.

2. Default Re: How would you go about remaking Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

I'd like them to change up the safari zone a bit:

- No step limit, everything level 30, regular fights, at least 2 max IVs (like Friend Safari)
    - Place bike/rollerskate rails to get through the area easily
    - Build on the old layout, have 17 areas (one for each type)
    - Every person still has a type assigned to them (like the friend safari)
    - When you interact with a person in any way you get a point for their type, five if you're friends
    - The more points you have for a type, the more Pokémon (with hidden abilities) you can find of that type (One point per Pokémon)
    - To make everything easier to find different Pokémon are spread out over different parts of their area as you unlock more
    - Every area has a sign that lists the Pokémon that can be found there
    - All the Pokémon from the Friend Safari are back, along with new ones

This would take all the fun and useful bits from Friend Safari and the old Safari Zone while also allowing you to build things up without requiring friends, and if you do have friends you have to actually interact with them (instead of just adding them and then forgetting about them). It also means you don't risk giving out pomegranatety safaris.

Ditto with max IVs can be found in the Desert Underpass. Ditto can also be bred again.

3. Default Re: How would you go about remaking Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

For me...the biggest problem I had with RSE was the amount of water routes and where they were placed in the game. I found it somewhat annoying that the vast majority of the later content was all water based. The travel, the scenery (I like immersing myself into the poke-worlds), the battles were all water. Made it tougher for me to train stuff that had disadvantages against water pokemon. And it was all in the last 2 badges of the game instead of it being broken up into multiple sections.

I know that asking for the game to be reworked so that all of that water doesn't hit you all at once is probably too much...but there has to be a way that they can make it less about water.