1. Default Black Cipher taking up too much memory

Never had this happen before, but I went onto Maple for my Commerci runs. First run I was getting some real bad lag. After opening up task manager, noticed BlackCipher was taking up too much memory. Finished my first run and reopened Maple. Did another run with no issues, but upon going onto my third run, it happened again. Makes the game completely unplayable with constant freezes lasting anywhere from 1 second to 30 seconds.

Images of problem

2. Default Re: Black Cipher taking up too much memory

I think everyone is having the issue due to the USC.

Apparently my comp can handle it but it gets progressively worse [the lag] till maple crashes. Whole process usually takes 80 minutes for my maple to crash. And at the end right before the crash I lag extremely hard.

I guess I should count my blessings since most things I want to do are under a hour, so crashing after doenst affect me as bad as other people.

3. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: Black Cipher taking up too much memory

I'm almost past 1 million on my computer but i have been on for a while and somehow i'm not getting any lag beyond the italian connection that i have had since i got here.

4. Default Re: Black Cipher taking up too much memory

the real problem happens when BC (or your computer) decides its using too much RAM, and shuts BC down.

THEN, when maplestory checks to see if you have BC running, BC is shut down, there fore "You Are a Hacker" and you get DCd-Hack Reason.
    this check happens at least once every 10 minutes, so if you see your TaskMan, and BC is gone.. just know, you will DC within 10min.

Nexon think they are cute and make (hackshield/blackcipher) changes that will stop hackers, and once again, its us normals that suffer.

5. Default Re: Black Cipher taking up too much memory

I haven't gotten any lag from it, my computer just closes BC, which causes Maple to crash. No warning, and it happens in the middle of my commerci and gollux runs >.<

6. Default Re: Black Cipher taking up too much memory

Glad to know it's not just me that's getting this. :<

7. Default Re: Black Cipher taking up too much memory

Yeah, this is pretty much common knowledge already.

8. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: TidusAiYuna
    Server: BelloNova
    Level: 204
    Job: Drk
    Guild: Minah<3
    Alliance: Tiffany<3
    Farm: Hyuna<3
    australia

Not sure if its just me but my black cipher has gone back down to 22mbs O.o and doesnt seem to be rising has been the same even when i went to commerci.

9. Default Re: Black Cipher taking up too much memory

It seems to ramp up very suddenly - mine sits at 27MB for a while, then when I glance back it's over a GB, and then next thing I know it's crashed and MS exits too.

10. Brick Male
    IGN: ZeroCA
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero
    Guild: EssentiaI
    Alliance: N/A
    Farm: ReneMule
    usa

And just like that, it's gone.