Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: "Lockdown" Error Code 38 data gathering.

Hmmmm.... 237 items is close to that magic 255 number. Someone may have put an 8 bit limit where it doesn't belong..

2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: "Lockdown" Error Code 38 data gathering.

I have far more items than that. Around 400. And have had that amount for a good long while.
    I think the limit is not on the number of items per se, but the total memory they take up, or something that is related to the order in which they appear.

3. Default Re: "Lockdown" Error Code 38 data gathering.

The trouble is my Paladin has pretty much all the old items you can think of and I've never had issues with it. Its inventory is probably only in the ~150 range though. I did fairly regularly expand equip/use/etc. but never to the point of maxing it out.

My account in general has everything on the list you mentioned except Alien PQ equips (haha droprates), not sure specifically which characters though.

4. Default Re: "Lockdown" Error Code 38 data gathering.

Actually, I'm going to have to take back what I said. I had a total of 240 items yesterday and couldn't enter cash shop. I removed one etc item at a time to find the limit I could hold in order to enter cash shop without crashing, which came out to be 237. However, I wanted to test it out again today to confirm that the limit is consistently 237 for my character. I filled my inventory with random etc items and went above 238, yet I could still enter cash shop. Same with use items. Now, the limit with adding either the same number of etc or use items or combined is 243. This proves that etc and use items hold the same weight. It also doesn't matter if you have 300 white pots or 1 white pot. I have a feeling that what SaptaZapta mentioned might be true; that it depends on the total memory items take up. Perhaps equips have more weight than etc and use items, which could explain why the number is different for everyone.

Edit: I can confirm that it depends on the type of items you are holding, as I have just added five extra equips for a total of 237 items, but crashed with error 38 upon entering cash shop. I was only able to enter cash shop again after removing three out of the 5 equips, bringing down the total to 234 items. I also wanted to test out whether scrolled, enhanced, and level of equips affect how much memory they take up, but it appears that all equips hold the same weight.

Now, if someone can help test that the exact, specific slots occupied can cause the cash shop error 38, then we can conclude that the number is not character dependent and we may be on to something. Though the setup might be a little difficult since I like collecting chairs. I will test out setup and cash shop the next few days. The cash shop error 38 happens when I have the following slots occupied:

Equip: 40
    Use: 45
    Etc: 38
    Setup: 83
    Cash shop: 38
    Total: 244

or

Equip: 40
    Use: 34
    Etc: 49
    Setup: 83
    Cash shop: 38
    Total: 244
    Last edited by PandaHugs; 2014-01-11 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Additional Info

5. Default Re: "Lockdown" Error Code 38 data gathering.

I can't really help further. My main is beyond help. Since I did Hilla using a x2 buff and a greed pendant I was swimming in equipment when I changed channels. Not even link skill removal helps now. I'll try my best, but I doubt I'll be able to help much.

I'll update the first post for now, with the new juicy confirmed stuff.

6. Default Re: "Lockdown" Error Code 38 data gathering.

I did some testing on my own character and it does seem to be dependent on items and slot expansions. My magic number happens to be 314, but doesn't seem to depend on the items in my inventory. I tested going over my limit (314) by adding an equip, use, etc, set-up, and cash item; all caused an error 38 upon entering Monster Life. Be aware I only have a problem with monster life and not with the cash shop.

Here is my current character and the data I used:
    Type - CurrentItem# [Before] / MaxSlots

Equip - 90 (+ 32) [94 (+ 32)] / 96
    Use - 76 [82] / 84
    Etc - 57 [61] / 68
    Set-up - 45 (+ 4) [48 (+ 4)] / 60
    Cash - 32 [34] / 96

Total - 304 (+ 36) + 10 [323 (+ 36)] / 404 (+ 36)

Basically, I had 323 items in my inventory. I moved what I could without dropping anything valuable, and ended up with 304 base items. I added a random number (10/11) of equip, use, etc, set-up, and cash item. I concluded that I can have 314 items before I crash, and it doesn't seem to be dependent in which category I hold them(for me at least). I do have mineral/party/chair bags in my etc and set-up, although I am unsure if that effects the overall item count.

Added Info: I can hold 314 items and skill add additional link skills.
    Last edited by ChaoticCJ; 2014-01-11 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Added Info

7. Default Re: "Lockdown" Error Code 38 data gathering.

Waitwaitwait...

So you are able to "untrigger" the monster life error code 38 issue!?

That's a new twist, because if that's so, there's 3 limits: Monster life, then cash shop, then full lockdown.

Whatever it is, it goes step by step.

8. Default Re: "Lockdown" Error Code 38 data gathering.

Yes, I am now able to go in Monster Life without getting an error code 38 as long as I stay below 314/315 items. I don't know why I seem to sometime be able to hold 315 items right now.

Another note of information. I AM able to go in and out of Monster Life with 319 items in my inventory, but I took those items from my Mineral, Party, and Chair bag. I assume the items in these bags are counted and are a possible reason of going over the limit. If the items in the bags are counted my number goes from 314 to 350. Which leaves my total inventory at 340/350. This still mean I can't get over 11 items and go into Monster Life, which still goes along with my beginning data.

9. Default Re: "Lockdown" Error Code 38 data gathering.

To clarify, you took the items out of storage bags and put them in your regular storage slots and you still have the same magic number right?

Logically speaking, I don't believe that the threshold can be a unique number for each character. It may only appear unique because we are missing variables. I want to know what those are. On one end of the spectrum we have people like ChaoticCJ that can hold 350 without progress past Stage 1 EC : 38, while others hold considerably fewer and get Stage 3 "LD" EC : 38. Since they were once Inventory items my interest is still on Medals and Mounts in particular, Familiars, Crusader Codex and Monster Life coming in behind those.

The only problem is, there is almost no way to effectively test these hypotheses. If a Medal is added to the Collection, it can never be removed. There aren't any short duration Mounts currently out to test with. The inability to remove Familiars and Crusader Codex Cards poses the same previously described problem with the added difficulty that there aren't many Familiars or Cards my brother lacks.

EDIT: Oh, I got it. Can someone with Cash Shop or Monster Life EC : 38 fill their inventory right below the error and accept the Everybody In event mount and use it? Then, if you can change into those servers then we can probably eliminate Mounts as counting; be sure to toss out those other things Everybody In gives you. A "LD" EC : 38 won't be able to do it because the mount would expire if they tried to log out to test it.

10. Default Re: "Lockdown" Error Code 38 data gathering.

Yes, I took the items out of the bags and put them in my regular storage slots and I am able to go in and out of Monster Life with no problem. By taking them out of my bags I go over my original number of 314 to 319, this lead to me believe that my real number is closer to 350 since I was able interchange the items in my slots and bag without getting an error 38.

As for everybody's number, it may have to do with total inventory slots. Since my total inventory is at 404 it would make sense that my number would be higher than a character who doesn't have as many inventory expansions.

I just tested the EC:38 with Monster Life and the Everybody In Event Mount. I got my inventory to the limit of 350 and got in. I then got my inventory to 351 and got the EC:38 to make sure. I logged back in and got my inventory to 350 and made sure I could get in and out a few times. I got the mount and used it, and I am able to still go in and out at 350 + the mount.

Edit: I just tested it with a familiar as well. I am at 350 and added a new familiar and am able to get in both the Cash Shop and Monster Life.

11. Default Re: "Lockdown" Error Code 38 data gathering.

This thread is really humming along now. Thanks for your help, that nixes two hypotheses, Mounts in the Mount UI and Familiars are not contributing to any EC : 38, at least not in any direct way.

It isn't total inventory slots, at least not in the way you are describing. My data is based on a character with 96/96/80/72/96 + Bags.

Humming right along.

12. Default Re: "Lockdown" Error Code 38 data gathering.

Another suggestion, what about the cores in the evo system, since when you buy them from the store, it switches to your setup inventory, and they have their own private inventory.
    Edit: also bit pieces inventory, do they count toward the limit.

13. Default Re: "Lockdown" Error Code 38 data gathering.

Ok, I think I got the idea: If some items contribute more than others, and even link skills count, there has to be some other weird variable we aren't considering that adds a ton more to those values, enough to reach the limit. That'd explain why only few people suffer from it.

This was the case like some years ago, and it got fixed, but what is it this time? could it be the same thing? I have a feeling it could be from a medal from the medal UI. I remember one got removed from my list, on the locked down character... But I can never be sure. I was on the wrong track before, so who knows...

EDIT: I can assure the stuff inside your cash shop inventory inside the cash shop itself doesn't count towards the limit. Because I removed like 18 of the stupid things. They were from that permanent stuff event.

14. Default Re: "Lockdown" Error Code 38 data gathering.

Now that you guys are where you are, it appears to me that this is exactly the same Error 38 that haunted us during the Visitor Event era. It took them a long time to originally fix it. We used to pass potions and other things around our guild so that we could by CS items. I haven't read in high detail here, but the item count should include your equipped gear, too. It was a real pain, but once you knew your magic number you could avoid the issue, which enabled us to get our 2x cards again.

15. Default Re: "Lockdown" Error Code 38 data gathering.

The problem is some people (like me) are at phase 3-b, total lockdown (I'll add a description on the first post). So I can't even unlock my character now.

16. Default Re: "Lockdown" Error Code 38 data gathering.

Not sure if you saw, but did you try that weird freeze window fix I mentioned in one of my previous posts? I was at full lockdown just like you, where removing link skills no longer worked. I honestly don't know why it works, but I was able to free my character using that method. It worked for a few others as well. Or maybe I just got lucky with a few items expiring? Who knows.

17. Default Re: "Lockdown" Error Code 38 data gathering.

I OWE YOU A... A... A WHAT SOMETHING.

IT WORKED! Apparently, I didn't see that post before, because I think I was only reading it before the edit. ON TO THE TESTINGS!

AND ALSO

This is critical in one sense, because we now now WHEN it triggers. When connecting to a server! Monster life is a server, cash shop is a server, game channels are a server... And yeah, it's then, because nothing expired on me while I tested it. I'm now going to test a few things with this crap...

We have narrowed it down a LOT, this information should be very juicy for Nexon...

EDIT: I HAVE SCAPED THE LOCKDOWN. I extracted the Hilla equipment that clogged up my inventory! Now I don't crash upon inserting the PIN. The trick is to freeze the screen as it starts to fade into black, when it switches resolution, that's when the magic happens.

THERE IS A WAY TO BYPASS IT. Drown PandaHugs in Pineapples, fame, mesos, and whores! Whatever! infract me! I'm too hyped to care!

18. Orbital Bee Cannon

Interesting. Could it be that I have escaped full lockout because I always play at 800x600, so it never switches resolution on login?

19. Default Re: "Lockdown" Error Code 38 data gathering.

I'm more inclined towards thinking it has to do with something else, because cash shop and monster life don't have a different resolution, but produce the error nontheless.

If you dare, you could try a higher resolution, but I'd bet it's the same result.

20. Orbital Bee Cannon

They do, actually. Both Cash Shop and Monster Life force you into the 1024x768 resolution.
    I don't think it's the resolution change as such, because when you're changing channel you don't change resolution (and the initial error 38 dc is at cc), but it might be something that the client does when connecting to a server, but only at the higher resolutions.
    Or maybe it only happens when the window takes up a bigger chunk of memory, which perhaps was not accounted for somewhere. Hmmm...