Thread: Gollux PDR?

1. Default Gollux PDR?

It looks like there's only one version of Gollux in the extractions (easy mode), with a PDRate of 10, I'm wondering if anyone knows (roughly) what PDR value hard and hell modes have?
    I think it's roughly the same as Cygnus, but it's been over a week since I've killed her and I can't remember what my damage is like there. Anyone able to help?

2. Default Re: Gollux PDR?

I believe I notice different PDR values for each mode. I can't give you an exact number unfortunately. I've tested difference of hard to hell is probably about 10%. I'll have to take a look and give you a comparison somehow I guess with similar bosses.

3. Default Re: Gollux PDR?

I don't think it's much if it is different between the various modes...

I do more damage to gollux than I do to most of the other medium-high end bosses (pb, hard hilla, magnus, etc), so I've always assumed his PDR was relatively low in comparison.

4. Default Re: Gollux PDR?

Speaking of which, I do a lot less damage on his jewel (250~350 -> 150~250)) and I'm still trying to figure out if it's because of the distance, or if it isn't counted as "the only mob nearby", or if it has a higher PDR/whatever value.

5. Default Re: Gollux PDR?

Jewel like the last part? Always seemed that part had no defense wutsoever. Hard mode Gollux I think has same defense as empress.

6. Default Re: Gollux PDR?

I'm not sure if this is related at all, but I can't get Fervent Drain (5% damage increase for every active DoT, up to 5) to activate during the Eyes or Jewel. It doesn't work during the statues at Pink Bean or during the different body parts at Horntail either. I know that DoT has weird hitboxes, because I can set up clouds of mist on the orb below Ariel where PB sits and at the base of Horntail and it will still poison everything, so that's the only thing I can come up with that might have an effect on it. Flame Haze does it too by leaving the cloud of mist at the base rather than where it hit, so for example with PB, it will set mist up at the at the orb below Ariel instead of on top of whichever statue I hit, which is incredibly annoying.
    What I'm trying to say is that since Gollux's hitbox is actually at the very bottom (I can set mist up down there too and it will poison the eyes and jewel), when you're at the jewel the game might recognize you as being too far away from the hitbox (or whatever you want to call it; it's not really the hitbox but I think you know what I mean) and not granting you any bonus damage.

idk if that even made any sense; I'm sleepy okay.

7. Default Re: Gollux PDR?

I know what you mean, the main hitbox is at the center. Wind Archers have the same problem with Trifling Wind, making bosses like Pink Bean take a lot longer than necessary.

8. Default Re: Gollux PDR?

@Mazz I tried to do quick tests on a character, especially after all this black cipher memory leak issues which is giving me a headache.

Anyways, some quick values I tried to pull off without dying or killing myself:
    Hard gollux 6mils
    Hell gollux 5.4mils
    Hard hilla 4.9-5mils

So, based on that I'd just assume Hard gollux is at 50%, hell at 60%, while hard hilla is 70%. Oh and the gollux values are based only on the Jaw. Sorry, but I didn't want to waste deaths and runs to test the eyes and forehead properly lol.