IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: Beast Tamer discussion

If you look at the "new JMS stuff??" thread, I believe it was said on the early pages that there will be "modifications" to the Sengoku content (and possibly an expansion, I guess, which could be a new class or a new boss). I don't think a revamp was specifically stated, but it makes sense that they would revamp them eventually.

2. Default Re: Beast Tamer discussion

this looks to be quite interesting
    my bet its coming in feb to GMS and it will be awesome
    looks alot more cheerful than most of the maple classes alot of color and alot of fun
    this is going to be one hell of a char no matter which skills he gets

3. Default Re: Beast Tamer discussion

That's not comparing in any way, shape, or form. It's just using the same acronym, but who cares? BT isn't known by a lot of people and you just have to accept the fact that BT is going to be for Beast Tamer. :P

4. Proton Straight Male
    IGN: RenmazuoDX
    Level: 220
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Mugiwaras
    Alliance: Imperium
    Farm: RenVilleDX
    Kentucky

What an interesting but strange looking class, definitely got me curious as to what it can do though. Looking forward to seeing more of it and also, yes it is about time they revamp Blaze Wizard and Night Walker, then the Cygnus revamp will be complete finally.

5. Default Re: Beast Tamer discussion

@kruimel0 @SaptaZapta

Note: (There is also the standard skill inventory, but you can also have this window appear.

I am unsure of how the SP system works for Beast Tamer. Maybe @hadriel can shed some light on this?

Tokyo maps will be changed and new Sengoku content will be added. I don't think the classes will be revamped, but new maps will be added. You'll have to wait and see.
    It is scheduled somewhere between March and June.

6. Default Re: Beast Tamer discussion

Makes me wonder if Ninja Castle will be buffed to 160+ in JMS too.

7. Default Re: Beast Tamer discussion

It looks like from the skill UI window that Spadow posted that SP is gained by each animal rather than getting a pool and being forced to distribute it, which is fair (it's what they did for Alpha and Beta, after all).

I like the numbers on the UI for whatever reason, probably because they're puffier :U

8. Default Re: Beast Tamer discussion

Do the link skills level up in increments of 10%?
    lv1/2/3
    10%/20/30?

9. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

I'm not seeing that, if it was separate SP for each animal, why does it say they have 87 SP in the bottom right? They are level 140+ (since you can see Temple of Time in the background) and they only have 2 of the animal trees maxed. It definitely looks like a shared pool to me, otherwise they would have skills in all 4 trees rather than just 2.

I'm curious to know if the link skill levels up in increments of 10/20/30% as well. since everybody is mentioning the level 3 master effect and not below it.

For all we know, it could level up in increments of 20/25/30 like most link skills do.

10. Default Re: Beast Tamer discussion

Perhaps then it's the total SP invested into each skill? Notice how eagle and cat have zeros and have no skill investment, while bear and panther have skill investment and have numbers at the bottom. In which case, I have no idea how SP will work; hopefully it's more lenient than we're imagining...

It also looks like you can only use the next skill in the tree if the previous one is maxed? Notice how the Beast Tamer in the image clearly has the required level for some of the skills in the cat and eagle trees but the skills remain grayed out. Just an observation, sorry if this has been mentioned already.

11. Default Re: Beast Tamer discussion

I'd imagine that you probably can't max out every single skill (probably works as a balancing method).

12. Default Re: Beast Tamer discussion

hmm i believe thats just an alternate screen that makes it easier to see all the skills, seeing how at the end of the tutorial video i saw when they opened up the normal skill view each animal had their own sp like zero, but idk

13. Default Re: Beast Tamer discussion

In which case it boils down to not maxing one of the four, which is kind of unfortunate.

Looking over the skills again, you can probably get eagle up to the point where you get Call Me and leave it at that.

14. Default Re: Beast Tamer discussion

I was thinking about nixing Snow Leopard since there doesn't seem to be anything in its tree that can't be fulfilled by Bear. The only thing I saw that seemed really worth it was Enhanced Rye's Heart. But it also really depends on whether or not the passives are exclusive to each stance. I feel like they are because there's a lot of movement speed buffs for Tamer and if they all stacked she'd be moving at ridiculous speeds.

15. Default Re: Beast Tamer discussion

I would assume the passives are unique to each animal, given the fact that bear gives you 90% stance and cat gives you 30%, and 120% stance seems kind of silly.

The thing about the Beast Tamer skill UI is that there's only one shown SP amount. For Alpha and Beta, they both had their own individual amount of SP to distribute, but from the tutorial, it seemed like the 3 SP the Beast Tamer earned was universal, not for each animal.

16. Default Re: Beast Tamer discussion

The passives are most likely exclusive. Tbh, the Leopard seems essential for training. At least, some of his skills do.

17. Neon Atom
    IGN: Godtastik
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero / CM
    Guild: Articulate
    Alliance: Notorious

Love this class already. It can replace any lacking part of party buffers just easily. inb4 lf> hs+kanna+bt for hoh spam in allies/smega. Just wondering if the link skill is 30% boss for beast tamer, but 15% for others. Still worth it though.

18. Default Re: Beast Tamer discussion

Taming sticks have IDs in the 125xxxx range, so they should be one handed.

I assume these are the medals for Beast Tamer:
    Level 10: 幼苗守护神
    Level 30: 树精
    Level 60: 森之精灵
    Level 100: 自然守护者

There's also four more medals, one for each animal, they lack any strings.
    Level 115 (Bear Paw): +3% Boss Damage, +5 Accuracy, +3 Magic Attack, +50 HP
    Level 115 (Snow Leopard Paw): +5 Accuracy, +6 Magic Attack, +50 HP
    Level 115 (Bird Feather): +5 Accuracy, +20 Avoidability, +50 HP
    Level 115 (Cat Paw): +5 Accuracy, +3 Magic Attack, +15 Magic DEF, +50 HP, +25 Weapon DEF

Unrelated to Beast Tamer, they added a new UI under "CommerceRank" (Commerci trade stuff is under "Commerce")

19. Default Re: Beast Tamer discussion

Lost some of the context at the back so it's a little difficult to interpret properly.

Sorry if it's a bit shoddy. I just woke up and I need to go to work.

Hadriel

20. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

A medal with boss damage? what.

Any news on a secondary equip? since the weapon is a one-handed weapon, I kinda have the feeling they use Mage Shields like explorer magicians.