IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: Beast Tamer discussion thread

After the first time the shoulders go untouchable and summon a bunch of monsters, kill the monsters quickly and then use the portal to go to the upper arm, because it always uses the insta kill attack after it summons the monsters and you can dodge it entirely by moving to another map. I think it might use it again a bit later, but I usually kill it before it does it again.

2. Default Re: Beast Tamer discussion thread

The fire-explosion attack only ever occurs after the upper platform of branches is created. Just get up there as soon as the platform is created.

The requirement of 3 Paw Swipes before initiating Furious Strikes makes it absolutely impossible to solo the Head properly, though (among other things).

3. Water Female
    IGN: PlsBuffBT
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 22x
    Job: Beast Tamer
    Guild: Path
    Alliance: Meme
    Farm: Yeiionde
    england

Thanks, I'll have to try that tommorrow. I wasted my 3 entries for today already.

4. Default Re: Beast Tamer discussion thread

is anyone else finding it hard to find kitten tail scepters in the Fm in Windia?
    Like i found 4 in the past couple of weeks and they were all around 400-800mil with one of them only having 2 slots left with only one +8 scroll having worked >.>

5. Default Re: Beast Tamer discussion thread

Does anyone have a video of the last hawk skill? Or just high point hawk training in general?

6. Default Re: Beast Tamer discussion thread

For those that has done the Silent Crusade quests, do you get a mastery book or do they change it to a potential scroll for the reward for chapter 3 like with Cygnus?

7. Default Re: Beast Tamer discussion thread

Will be quitting mine at 205.. almost 204 at the moment. Just can't bear to play it anymore :(

8. Default Re: Beast Tamer discussion thread

I can't stand bossing with this guy. Friend wanted to main it but turned to using a bishop.

That was an unbearable pun.
    I watched this thread like a hawk to see if anyone was going to make a pun, and now the cat's out of the bag.

9. Default Re: Beast Tamer discussion thread

you had me at hello.

bossing is trash indeed but overall the class is good. OVERALL.

10. Default Re: Beast Tamer discussion thread

Idk I think the class is overall average at best. Like, Aran, Evan, Hero, etc. The only cool thing about it IMO is that Cat Mode buffs don't need to be cast.

11. Default Re: Beast Tamer discussion thread

The problem with beast tamer is its not fleshed out, they let a few bugs get through, and its concept leaves it useless for bossing despite being made for such as bear.

ill cover each animal at general flaws with it.

Bear,
    -Designed as immoble but tanky bosser

Flaws are glaring.
    -Only thing tanky is hp/def, def is useless late game unless you are a paladin who can pass cap.
    -Hp isnt that high to make up for it.
    -Mobility is mechanic siege mode level. No other attacks to even substitute with.
    -Enrage type skill is watered down and on a higher cd ratio then even mihiles.
    -Has highest dps ive ever seen though, Hilla/DI/Blackheart/any boss that requires not much skill is destroyed by bear, but outside of this, higher level bosses laugh at it. But for grinding DIPQ, ive never gotten faster times.

Leopard
    -mobile mobbing animal

Flaws/Bugs
    -Drain seems to be glitchy on tough enemies due its clause? not sure.. but the drain was useless in DIPQ.
    -MPE/DI require less mobility more damage, leopard lacks this tbh, but they are the best places to grind, making it despite a mobber... worse then bear at grinding too.
    -Low hp(lol)

Leopard isnt as flawed as bear persay, but loses its identity in maples current leveling structure. Cause after 70, you dont need to be mobile you need to do damage and dps.

Bird
    -Not sure on its identity... fast mobility support????

Flaws
    -No identity, whats this animal for?
    -So much speed, it easily hits the speed caps it has, with 15+ speed to spare... waste of points and design.
    -Extremely poor attacks, one of them does not even work on bosses. wth?!
    -Party buffs are pretty dang lack luster and sorta "jack of all trades" which defeats the purpose of being able to lock animals for certain roles!

Its not all bad, it is really fun to use, and has Door/amazing party summon skill.

Cat
    -Party buff bot, heals pocket bishop.

Flaws/Bugs
    -kitten snacks, is flat +hp/mp, but it constantly "refreshes" ex; 300 hp becomes 450, you pot up to 450, buff "refreshes" dropping you to 300, then back to 450, needing to be healed again. A bug perhaps?
    -Mousers instinct rewrites all pdr buffs(possibly passives? not sure...) this is a huge flaw, prolly a bug.
    -Exp buff worse then bishop, and is unstackable, meaning as soon as a bishop comes, your role is greatly diminished outside of the extra attack/crit you give teh party.

Not all bad on cat either. Gold card is prolly one of the best buffs in the game.

All in all, id say it is indeed average at best. its sorta like all the other "Region" exlusives, Jett/Kanna/Hayato. their themes and game play are solid, but they need more work/fleshing out to really tag with the rest. All three of the above are bottom of the charts, where as I dont expect Tamer to be any diffrent. I had high hopes for the class, but its glaring flaws will prevent me from investing more time in it, just like my hayato.

12. Water Female
    england

This is sort of related, but can only Paladins pass the cap? I'm at 9999 def and m def. It's hilarious because I can laugh at Hilla's magic attacks that only do 1 damage to me. As for health...I'm at about 28k I think? That's without Kaiser's link skill. So I wouldn't say the HP is a big deal. I'm able to tank 3 hits from Blackheart, 2 if it's a higher level variation. The immobility problem and your 1-on-1 buff are serious issues though, yeah.

13. Default Re: Beast Tamer discussion thread

Problem is, all the late game bosses use %HP attacks, do defenses are somewhat pointless when they actually attack. Drain skills are nice, cause you can get hit by two 50% HP attacks and skill live if a drain skill activates.

14. Default Re: Beast Tamer discussion thread

Yeah but 28k hp, with NO other way to defend yourself, my main is a kanna and I have 30k and every 20 seconds or so I block an attack it makes me alot tankier, I can also heal, and how are you getting 28k? I have 3 S decks and my BT only hit 20k hp with all links...

And also, I dislike it because I find it ineffeciant for grinding too, having to pot every 3 hits was draining my pots like mad ; w;

AND YEAH, when I saw the "official" notes and saw the nerfed enrage, I almost dropped it right there. Enrage skills are best skills, but keep getting nerfed. nerf BaM enrage pls thx.

This is what I wanted leopard for, Drains are extremely strong, but leopard has some clause of "max hp" that makes work weird on really tanky enemies. Like I would heal up the first few hits in DI, but then id stop healing and the mobs killed me :C I wanted to cut pot costs.... rip

15. Water Female
    england

...That's a good question, actually. I don't have Cannoneer or Kaiser links. I do have a 3 piece Root Abyss set and 2 piece Reinforced Gollux set but that doesn't seem like it could be enough to give me that much more HP. I'm using 3 S rank decks too, and I don't have a DRK so no HP boosting effects. (I think I'm using pirate, warrior and an incomplete set.) I'll have to take another look at my equipment when I get the chance.

As for potions, they really weren't an issue for me since I had like a billion Power Elixers and Elixers from Zero and fighting bosses on other characters.

Edit: I over-exaggerated. It's only 25k.
    Last edited by FangelXIII; 2014-02-03 at 11:57 AM.

16. Electron Male
    IGN: uLikemySnipe
    Server: Broa
    Level: 196
    Job: Marksman
    Guild: Recognition
    Alliance: Honor
    canada

Finally got to 130 a few days ago, If I could set things right I would never have chosen Eka. Too much speed buffs, weak attacking skill that only hits 3 monsters with mediocre damage, no stance, and an ultimate that is kind of alright, it hits around as fast as beam dance, and is movable. However, it seems to dc me a few times when im flying, same with the other attack that is skill usable when you are flying. The cool down is too long, 40 seconds for only 8 or so seconds of attacking.

17. Default Re: Beast Tamer discussion thread

I seriously think the Hawk's overall damage is bigbang buccaneers tier.

18. Default Re: Beast Tamer discussion thread

Unless something changes above level 80 they're worse than that...

19. Default Re: Beast Tamer discussion thread

TWMS is going to release Beast Tamer (they called her "Spirit Tamer" though if my translation is not wrong) on 12th Feb. Linky Link

Instead of having their own anime, they reuse GMS version with subtitles added below. Whoever is curious about the lyrics may watch the video again.

On a side note, why JMS hadn't have their own version already? Everyone thought that the song is originated from Japan ...

20. Default Re: Beast Tamer discussion thread

http://tw.patch.beanfun.com/pubad/Ma...fun/index.html

What is this "Anima Cube" ?

https://tw.event.beanfun.com/MapleSt...?EventADID=611

What is this "Animus Cube" ?