1. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: xenon total dmg vs attack

to put it even simpler, weapon multipliers only matter if you're comparing: 2 different classes, or a which of 2 weapons you should use in a class (i.e: 2H pally or 1H pally) @ManxDrk; and then you have to account for EEEEVERYTHING else that makes classes different and yadda yadda.

math rox, get out.

2. Default Re: xenon total dmg vs attack

If you're comparing two variables you only care about the ones you are changing.

Weapon multiplier is a constant.
    Every variable you aren't changing can be treated as a constant.

3. Default Re: xenon total dmg vs attack

Keep in mind, if you are using this simplified formula, that this relates an ADDITIONAL +%ATT = +%DMG comparison, and is not representative of your CURRENT equivalence for %ATT and %DMG. If you are comparing two different sets of potential, you must subtract the existing %ATT and/or %DMG on that item.

And to generalize, at the later stages of bossing, Xenons are not required to have a single %Ignore line in their potential (when using Snipe), as they receive a fair amount from skills and guardbreak hyper. A single line of %Boss or %ATT at legendary will usually surmount a single line of %Ignore for targets with 0-100% PDR, though obviously this will differ for each individual. Only you will know what is best for your character.

4. Default Re: xenon total dmg vs attack

and here is where my keep it simple goes to the garbage lol
    well if anyone who excells at this kind of thing can help me out by taking one step further please
    if you go to the cinema section and see my video hub and check out my equip video and my 4.5 path to power to see my updates on my gear
    and tell me just as simple
    next miracle time what should i cube my hybrid heart for
    ATT, TD, PDR
    only if you are willing to take the extra step in helping me i will much appreciate it

5. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: xenon total dmg vs attack

%ATT

Haven't looked at your video but the numbers you've given in this thread are enough to answer that.

6. Default Re: xenon total dmg vs attack

wonder how much of a boost to my range it will be
    considering i dont have tyrants and i only have 6 starred novas

7. Default Re: xenon total dmg vs attack

Here's an example in case anyone is confused by that explanation.

200% boss 100% total 0% attack
    (1+2+1)/(1+0) = 4
    1% attack = 4% boss
    Adding 1% attack is equivalent to adding 4% boss.

If you had no shield and equipped a 15% attack shield, that would provide the same damage increase as equipping a 60% boss shield.

If you want to calculate the effect of swapping boss to attack or something, subtract the current stats on whatever you're recubing/replacing.
    If you want to recube the 60% boss on your weapon to attack, you use 140% boss (200-60=140).

(1+1.4+1)/(1+0)=3.4
    1% attack = 3.4% boss
    Recubing 60% boss into 1% attack is equivalent to recubing 60% boss into 3.4% boss.

You will need to cube for 18% attack or higher to beat the 60% boss that you are replacing in this example. (18*3.4=61.2)

8. Default Re: xenon total dmg vs attack

Ideally for a Hybrid Heart, try to land at least one line of %ATT, and two lines of something relevant (whether it be another line of %ATT, %Ignore, %Total, or %Stat). While %Total Damage is not as helpful for a Xenon in comparison to other potential lines, I don't think it's fair to completely disparage it, seeing how it DOES contribute toward an increase to your damage. Don't be mislead that %Total Damage "sucks", but rather, see it as something supplementary; secondary to what can be more beneficial (e.g. %ATT).

Honestly though, cubing is expensive. Stick with whatever potential lines you feel will be most helpful to you. Sometimes it's not worth dishing out extra nx for a minimal increase in damage. lol

Seeing how you are capable of getting these sort of stats, I'd aim for two lines of %ATT and a third relevant line.

9. Default Re: xenon total dmg vs attack

welp my weapon has 65% boss and a 9% att
    my secondary has 75% boss and 9% dex
    and my hybrid heart as it atm has 9% TD 6%att

well i know its expensive that why i go with a philosophy that i save up mesos for a while and then i buy a big chunk of nx at the right time
    so upgrades arent coming in a continous effect but rather in a episodic fashion
    atm i do believe upgrading the 6% attack like to 21+ will be benefitial

10. Default Re: xenon total dmg vs attack

If you just want big numbers, 3 lines of %ATT or 2 line and a 3rd %Boss line would be ideal. Or if %Boss must come first, it must be 40%. If you want to fight big bad bosses like CPB, a 3rd PDRignore line would be useful (but only for those bosses).

Simple enough I hope.

Hadriel