Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Default Re: Message to the MapleStory community from Nexon CEO

This is fkn bs nexon.
    Their are a pomegranateload of 15 star Tyrants in scania.
    I can name you at least 2 people who got at least 3 of each tyrant for each job and probably even more nebs and aee's.

2. Default Re: Message to the MapleStory community from Nexon CEO

You know. They could have been duping for a couple of months before the duping went public. And only now release them. Know what a rollback would have done? Nothing! Because those would have been created long before that. That's what they meant with that sentence.

For one, I like this new approach of sharing even technical details. All that silent old approach never helped, and only helped the hackers in giving a bad reputation to Nexon. This way, they are clear about why they took those actions. Imagine if they made a rollback, and there were still as many dupes as if there wasn't a rollback. People would be extra pissed. And don't forget this case in particular was in the middle of the holidays. That's decimating. I usually thought "What the hell are they doing", but this case... Damn, remember this is not that easy on their end, it's not a game for them as it is for you.

3. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: Message to the MapleStory community from Nexon CEO

The game already changed for the better last year, some of you are just never happy. Think of what the last year did for us compared to previous years. The company is more transparent, they have made numerous attempts to connect with the community, they are finally listening to us, and they are changing the game for the better with nearly every update.

Is it really that hard to believe that this will be a good year for maple?

4. Default Re: Message to the MapleStory community from Nexon CEO

-Mandatory 'YOU THINK THIS IS A GAME?'-

The dupes wouldn't be as spread over the entire community as it is now with a rb.
    So now they're just gonna leave it all as it is?
    How does that make anything better?
    I rather have the few dupers have all the items (like always) instead of having everyone in the game own 15 star tyrants, 200 boss nebs etc etc.

5. Default Re: Message to the MapleStory community from Nexon CEO

If you guys see people with extremely low Dojo times after this exploit, take a screenshot of the board and log a ticket saying you think their activity is suspicious, they WILL review it. It just might take a little while. They certainly made a mistake in not performing a rollback but they are doing a pretty good job of removing as much of the damage as they can. Obviously the stuff that has already been used (no boom AEEs, nebulites) cannot be traced, but if people are getting arrogant and showing off their items via megaphone, report them via the ticket system and move on. They are looking for these people but if all you do is whine about it without making an effort to help they won't catch very many people.

And yeah Min Kim has been with Nexon since like what, 2004/5? He was GM Stoveboy originally. It's cool that he's been around for so long.

6. Default Re: Message to the MapleStory community from Nexon CEO

Some people invest their time and money to make others lives miserable. And in the process they meet like-minded people and become friends. And it snowballs with every Rollback/Exploit/Dupe.

Yes and we are also open to the possibility that we are not alone in the universe (for now).

Grats on the baby. Undecided on the name? How about Aran? Come on... you did say Maplestory is a very special game...

Perhaps you should not write the last paragraph before completing the entire message.

And don't get me started on sending evidence and reports via their ticketing system.

7. Default Re: Message to the MapleStory community from Nexon CEO

I'm not exactly sure what to think at this point... On a superficial level, the outlook seems to be good. Min Kim (sort of?) seems to care about the game more than the rest of Nexon. What was his original position when the game first launched? Just a GM or something more?

However, this is Nexon we are talking about so who knows.

8. Default Re: Message to the MapleStory community from Nexon CEO

They never said it's all done, didn't they? They are STILL doing their best. And if they really deleted as many items as a rollback would have, it's safe to assume it's the best option. Because it's the same result, without progress lost.

9. Default Re: Message to the MapleStory community from Nexon CEO

They didn't tho.

10. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

He was on the original team that basically did everything (and i mean everything). It was a team of one person, so whoever isn't giving him respect because they think he's new and doesn't know anything can suck it.

11. Default Re: Message to the MapleStory community from Nexon CEO

The CEO definitely wants the game to be better. But not everything goes as planned in real life. I'm sure anyone who has worked in a team environment before will have experienced times where things just don't go according to plan, or where that task/project you've been assigned always gets placed on hold because something more pressing always seems to pop up--which isn't always within your control.

12. Default Re: Message to the MapleStory community from Nexon CEO

If thats the case then this dude must have some pride in the game if he raised it from the ground up. Lets see if he can turn things around. Being CEO he must have at least some influence on NxK. If not, this game is still as pineappleed as it is now anyways.

Someone should make like a list of everything that could be done to save MapleStory and send it to him. Maybe, just maybe, he will read it and pass it up the chain of command.

Meh whatever optimisim won't kill anyone.

13. Lead Ball Male
    IGN: Ivangoldes
    Server: Now Bera
    Level: 258
    Job: Marksman
    Guild: Olimpo/OnePoint
    Alliance: Aliança
    Farm: Ivangold/Farmnamedmg
    brazil

Not Bad idea , but you need think that ''all'' players need write it, like, not the noobs ones(i don't mean lv or eqps but how the see the game, if they only complain where they get pineappleed it won't be good, it's like a guy that only go boss, and says that the revamp for mobing skills is useless, but he doesn't even go lv and use theese skills), doens't mean that they can't help but also with peoples that aren't focusing in their selves.

14. Can you hear it?
    street's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: Street
    Server: Windia
    Level: 15x
    Job: I/l mage
    Guild: Imperial
    Alliance: Royal
    Washington

This dupe was not as easy to do compared to other dupes in the past. The dupe era when everyone and their mothers could have dupe by just setting up shop and waiting for the servers to crash was a wide spread impact. Those dupe made items more widespread in the community, this dupe didn't make ANYTHING SPREAD in that magnitude! Do you remember the chaos scroll dupe? That is a dupe i consider to be wide spread. The list goes on and on with past dupes that had a larger impact than this one.

How the hell are you going to sit here and say everyone in the game is now going to own 15 star items and 200 boss nebs? Last time i checked i still dont have those items! They are still expensive and out of my reach since they been released.

Also regarding dojo times those have been a joke for a while. The top ones have either been hackers or the highly dedicated maplers. So what if they now have 5 more people to compete with for dojo gloves nothing has change.

Stop posting your bs about all these ee and boss nebs as stove stated the items have been in circulation low key. Show me a shop with all these boss nebs for sale

15. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Maybe that doesn't impact larger servers, but 5 more people capable of getting top 10 gloves is a big deal for those of us who only barely make top 10 and have to do it in the wee hours of the morning to have that chance.

16. Can you hear it?
    street's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: Street
    Level: 15x
    Job: I/l mage
    Guild: Imperial
    Alliance: Royal
    Washington

I know that feeling i use to do it when dojo wasnt super hard. Then kaiser no delay started,stronger classes,better weapons etc

Then you just keeping getting push down the list bit by bit and your in the top 50.

I know that the dupe did impact the community in a way, but not a magnitude that davy is making it out to be

17. Default Re: Message to the MapleStory community from Nexon CEO

You know as much as I do about numbers. And duped items don't really need to be on stores all the time, able to be seen. They can be made during a long time, then make it public, and after the roll back, spread the reserves. Or do you prefer a 3 month roll back?

I'm just assuming this is the case because it's most likely what happened.

18. Default Re: Message to the MapleStory community from Nexon CEO

I would say the majority of Maple's problems come from the fact that it's so old.

19. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

But Big Bang was *supposed* to have changed that.

20. Default Re: Message to the MapleStory community from Nexon CEO

I was not referring to gameplay, but how the game is coded and such.