Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default Re: Update - Unscheduled Server Maintenance 1/1

The problem with your argument is that those casuals out there don't pay even a damn tenth of what the players this affects the most pay. We keep this game running, not the people who would peach about losing a few levels. Can't wait to see that next quarterly report.

Way to even read my post Jamesie.

2. Default Re: Update - Unscheduled Server Maintenance 1/1

And a rollback impacts the casuals the hardest.

3. Default Re: Update - Unscheduled Server Maintenance 1/1

Pretty much this. No matter what path they choose, there will be people dissatisfied because it is unlikely Nexon will find a 'perfect' solution. If Nexon resorts to a rollback every time, then I have no doubt that people are going to be pissed -- the people who have nothing to do with the FM, much less the dupes going on.

People aren't just losing levels and their hard work every time the game rolls back. And regardless of what Nexon chooses, someone is going to lose. But the one who loses the most is probably Nexon itself.

4. Default Re: Update - Unscheduled Server Maintenance 1/1

I'm hoping the server issues resolves soon too. I tried getting on not too long ago, but the lag spikes, and even making it past the login server did it for me for today.

5. Default Re: Update - Unscheduled Server Maintenance 1/1

Yeah, regardless of what Nexon chose they'd get flack for it. But the right decision was pretty universally chosen by the community as a whole. The Nexon boards, Basil, and here all 3 seem to have a largely "for a rollback" mentality. It absolutely was the right decision for the long-term health of the game. There is no disputing that.

6. Default Re: Update - Unscheduled Server Maintenance 1/1

Suppose all the casuals suddenly disappeared in the game for whatever reason (e.g. pissed off that the game keeps RBing) and only the serious, hardcore veterans remained. I don't think the game would be much of an enjoyable experience.

@Justin; The population is what makes an MMO and keeps the entire system running. The economy is just a part of that balance. So 'long-term health' isn't that easily defined.

7. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Default Re: Update - Unscheduled Server Maintenance 1/1

DFO's last days in a nutshell.

8. Default Re: Update - Unscheduled Server Maintenance 1/1

Well OBVIOUSLY we need both ends of the spectrum, and the ones in between, but the thing is that would never happen, and casuals come and go on a daily basis. Some last a day, some a week or two. It's all the same.

This whole situation is just messed up. The game should NOT have been up for as long as it was, they should have rolled back, there should have pineappleing been people in that office (Can you seriously even consider new years to be a holiday worth skipping work on? I know damn well I had to work a full shift that day AND the day before.), and this just should not have gotten as bad as it did overall.

9. Default Re: Update - Unscheduled Server Maintenance 1/1

This much I can definitely agree on; Christmas I can see the ENTIRE staff getting off for (seriously its scummy to make people work on Christmas away from their families)

New years... not so much! They should've at least had a few people there able to bring the game down if the need arose.

10. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

In the short term, yes.
    This pomegranate impacts the casuals AND everyone else in the long term.

11. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

After looking the FM over a bit i do kind of think a lot of you are overreacting. Duped meso is a lot easier to get rid of vs nebs and aees using sinks and whatnot and it doesn't seem like prices are affected very much at all by the trillions of meso you guys made it sound entered the economy in a day.

Maybe everyone is just hoarding their loot to get maximum profit and nothing was really fixed, but i don't know...

12. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

So no rollback after all? Guess I'll hop back onto Maple then and get me some possible Sweetwater loot.

13. Default Re: Update - Unscheduled Server Maintenance 1/1

Not trying to argue with you, but I saw a lot more opposition to a rollback on Basil than I did for a rollback. It was 50/50 on Nexon's forums, while here on SP it was more in favor for a rollback.

14. Default Re: Update - Unscheduled Server Maintenance 1/1

The Communications Director just posted this on the official forums not too long ago: http://maplestory.nexon.net/communit...ead%26nxid%3D6

15. Default Re: Update - Unscheduled Server Maintenance 1/1

Does that mean that if you are hellbanned you have to send a ticket? I thought that they would un hellban you automatically

16. Default Re: Update - Unscheduled Server Maintenance 1/1

They inform you to contact customer support whether you tried to trade or drop anything in your hellbanned account:

But I guess it wouldn't hurt to send in a ticket, just to speed up your unbanning. That's what I did (and no answer yet).

17. Default Re: Update - Unscheduled Server Maintenance 1/1

I would send a ticket anyway. I sent one like an hour after the game came up.

18. Can you hear it?
    street's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: Street
    Server: Windia
    Level: 15x
    Job: I/l mage
    Guild: Imperial
    Alliance: Royal
    Washington

I really don't see the mind blowing economy damage. Boss nebs didn't reach 50m. Also about the mesos it probably was already in the mix before it went public. The ones that did dupe already have billions of mesos stored away. Fm sales were dead imo nothing has been really selling in the few weeks

19. Default Re: Update - Unscheduled Server Maintenance 1/1

They should have rolled back to thoroughly get rid of everything, taken the downtime to also flag out who heavily abused it see what transactions they made, perma any account associated with a large movement, if anyone is falsely banned through this method, wait for a ticket, IP cross it to see if any ips match. It's a rather retarded statement to say "OH wElL it AFFECtS CASUAL PLAYERS", because maplestory is a time sink and the only impact is different rolls on cubes/scrolls. Which to be honest is a less of a big deal than a dozen ish players having infinity funds and proving that Nexon simply doesn't punish hackers.

20. Default Re: Update - Unscheduled Server Maintenance 1/1

That's rather nice of them to let you know with a notice. Back a few years, I was hellbanned with no notice for selling items and unknowingly obtaining duplicated mesos. They left the hellban on for a few months. Couldn't talk with anyone via the messenger bar at the bottom, couldn't friend anyone, couldn't drop or buy anything.