IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Cash7 Livyatan: What am I doing wrong?

Can't seem to beat the damn thing on my Aran with 85% Boss, 100% crit, 120% pdr and 240k-300k range buffed (with the MPE Red Pot, Echo and such, 300k range is with heroic memories + Terms and Conditions on). I always get him to like 10% hp left but then run out of time. DB in my alliance with half my Boss% and half my range can beat Livyatan. I've tried using the ship skills but those turned out to be useless for everything (at least the current level I have them).

What I've noticed is that he seems to have quite a lot of invi frames. I'm not even sure what Aran skill I should use for optimal DPS...

2. Default Re: Livyatan: What am I doing wrong?

See if attacking from the little ramp works better? I've noticed (as a ranged character) that standing behind the ramp actually gives me near 100% hit rate without invincibility frames eating up a third of my attacks.

Possibly try differing attack patterns?

3. Default Re: Livyatan: What am I doing wrong?

For some reason, if I dont have my MPE green potion on my pali, i kill levithan FASTER.

Maybe try without a green potion and or booster? IDK maybe your just hitting his invinciblity frames a bit too much and slowing down will actually get near 100% hit.

4. Default Re: Livyatan: What am I doing wrong?

well, arans are not strong bossers

5. Default Re: Livyatan: What am I doing wrong?

I'm sorry to disappoint you but DB range and Aran range isn't exactly comparable, and Aran ranged tend to fall out lower. It shouldn't be that much of a difference though so you're probably hitting its invincibility frames or something, as said above.

6. Default Re: Livyatan: What am I doing wrong?

What range is recommended for a Pally with about 50% pdr and boss? I don't think 300k will be enough :(

7. Default Re: Livyatan: What am I doing wrong?

With ~108k range, 60% boss, and ~45% pdr, my Pally gets about a third to a half (depending on how his frames go) of damage done. I think 300k would be enough.

8. Default Re: Livyatan: What am I doing wrong?

I have 230k fully buffed [including red MPE potion] and 90% boss wit 38% pdr [in window not counting blast's passive]

I kill it with a good 5 secs left I believe, but I also use the angelic buster link skill. Great for burst damage situations like these.

9. Default Re: Livyatan: What am I doing wrong?

My pally gets like 250k with blast buff+5charges+100%blastcritlines with 50% pdr (not including threaten) and 75% boss and I can deal with the HerbTown livy with a few seconds to spare, so you should be fine.

10. Default Re: Livyatan: What am I doing wrong?

Alrighty, I'll take TaC on my Pally just for this. Only two more days of trades before I can get to Livy.

11. Default Re: Livyatan: What am I doing wrong?

First of all, you don't count your ignore pdr from the stat menu, doesn't work that way, that't not your real ignore pdr (that also means ambition doesn't work even though you see it in there).

On to business then, I downed everything in Rien (3 bosses) with a xenon with only 155k clean range 137% boss damage, 118% ignore pdr (if you use that stat menu, which is actually incorrect). I don't use any attack pots, I don't use mpe pots, no links too mind you. If you must, you can buy that attack buff for the boat to increase your own. I never actually tried to use it though, so I'm not sure if it stacks with attack pots.

12. Default Re: Livyatan: What am I doing wrong?

>Aran
    Well, there's your problem.

Spoiler

13. Default Re: Livyatan: What am I doing wrong?

His hitbox isn't completely gone, it's just down at sea level temporarily. Skills with good downward vertical range still hit it. It doesn't seem intentional though since the animations don't follow it...

You could try attacking from the bottom of the ramp as mentioned... I forget whether Final Toss has the horizontal range to work from there but it might.

14. Default Re: Livyatan: What am I doing wrong?

Are you wearing Dojo Gloves? That should give you the edge you need to eke out enough damage to kill him.

I know you're in YMCK so you just need to place on the baord to get the gloves.

15. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Default Re: Livyatan: What am I doing wrong?

I tried it today spamming OS standing right on it at the most right edge of the map with all buffs I could think of (had like 250k range w/o TaC and Heroic). Could hardly take any HP down again. However, I tried plain Final Blow spam in the end and it turned out that took down the HP waaay faster. Gonna try it tomorrow with that tactic and I think I'll make it.

They should just fix the hitbox :s

EDIT:

Killed it on last sec with Final Blow Spam. Interesting lol
    Last edited by Satellite; 2014-01-04 at 01:49 PM.