Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: How do you feel about no rollback? I know how Hitler feels.

That's pretty f'ucking extreme.

2. Default Re: How do you feel about no rollback? I know how Hitler feels.

So is leaving the game online for 24hours plus while a public dupe is out :L

OT: I never go to the fm, never sell anything and never upgrade my gear by purchasing nx or items so... Doesn't affect me at all, but some part of me is still mad that a few people got away with doing the wrong thing.

3. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

I'm just sad I missed a day on my event quests thinking that there will be a rollback.

However, it is also misfortune for everyone because of the illegible hellbans as always.

4. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

Exactly. I'll go a step further and say that there's no reason to play anymore at all just as well.

5. Default Re: How do you feel about no rollback? I know how Hitler feels.

As someone who has spent a lot of money on this game I have to say if Nexon does not roll back this flustercluck I will not be spending another dime on this game. Myself and a lot of others have worked hard to get where we are at today LEGITIMATELY. We stayed away from the duped items knowing that it was wrong and also not wanting to have our accounts that we are heavily invested into banned. We fully expected there to be a rollback and warned others to be careful. Looks like the joke is on us. Thanks Nexon.

6. Default Re: How do you feel about no rollback? I know how Hitler feels.

I actually still got hope for a rb... ._.

7. Default Re: How do you feel about no rollback? I know how Hitler feels.

I think... they probably don't have someone in the office who has the authority to do so (provided that it is deemed by them as a final resort) and/or is still evaluating the impacts. I have no idea why they would bring back the servers though.

8. Default Re: How do you feel about no rollback? I know how Hitler feels.

At this point it would probably be an even bigger mess to rollback. Any much longer and I would say it's out of the question.

9. Default Re: How do you feel about no rollback? I know how Hitler feels.

gotta agree, a rb now would make things harder to every1, they had their chances

But im still a pro-RB

10. Default Re: How do you feel about no rollback? I know how Hitler feels.

Which I believe could've been alleviated if they had not brought the servers back up, though I can't really agree that it would be a bigger mess? I mean... we're only going back to where we were. As far as I'm concerned it's only really the NX transactions and time spent online that'll be irreplaceable and even the transactions will be refunded I assume?

There's surely going to be a lot of angry players but I think Nexon needs to stop being so soft on their community and make everyone suffer from this (yes including all the legits). The "I wish I had exploited this chaos" or "heh I use the nebs and aee on my gear n' not banned" posts on Basil makes me cringe. I guess this is what happens when the authority does not show mercy to demonstrate that there is no messing with them (whether you're at fault or not).

or is there nothing that they can do against the "nothing to lose" yolo attitude of this generation?

11. Default Re: How do you feel about no rollback? I know how Hitler feels.

At this point I'm about half and half for/against rb.

They've waited too long; to rollback now is going to anger a very large number of players and Nexon probably knows this, so with a rollback will come some kind of completely absurd level of compensation that'll get abused by most people with more than one account.

But not rolling back means the economy stays pineappleed by duped meso, thousands of no-boom AEEs, and 4% stat/boss nebs. :/

12. Default Re: How do you feel about no rollback? I know how Hitler feels.

Keeping the servers down an extended period of time and then rolling back is bad (assuming that you mean that the servers would still be down right now). Rolling back is bad in general, especially if you're a casual. The decision should have been to rollback and ban accounts that participated in either duping or buying/selling the duped items. Given that the decision to rollback was not made, there's a very small (and shrinking) window to still make that choice. Any much longer and you'll make casual players angry. At this point they'd be rolling back almost two days. That would be atrocious pr, even more atrocious than letting this happen.

I agree that they botched the banning and hellbanning though.

Generational attacks are stupid.

13. Default Re: How do you feel about no rollback? I know how Hitler feels.

...this was a dumb move Nexon, even more-so than usual.

Currently, a roll back is the only thing that can be done to save this game and it's economy, unless they actually manage to remove all of the exploited mesos and duped items (and we know that won't happen from experience, unfortunately.)

The pros FAR outweigh the cons when it comes to a roll back in this case; if it was minor, sure it can be fixed without a roll back but I don't think they even realise on how huge of a scale the damage is.

Oh, and this time; when and if you ban the exploiters, don't unban them again and don't be afraid to chain ban.

​Sigh.

14. Default Re: How do you feel about no rollback? I know how Hitler feels.

I don't think Nexon has the balls to rollback now that they've let servers stay open for so long.

I will be incredibly shocked (and impressed) if they end up doing one, though.

15. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

The order not to rollback HAS to have been an order from korea or something. If that's the case it's bulls'hit that they can't just ignore what they say because they clearly have zero experience with this kind of stuff in their country and in the literal handful of cases where incidents occur (dupe or not) it's taken care of as quickly as a falcon kills it's prey, but they can't offer that kind of help for other versions because it isn't directly in their hands and they keep the reigns too tight otherwise.

16. Default Re: How do you feel about no rollback? I know how Hitler feels.

Everyone including Nexon dislikes rollbacks and yes I understand it is bad. However I'm assuming there's no one in their office to make that call (cos New years and holidays) and hence there has been no option in their minds to roll back. I'm in doubt that the decision to NOT have a roll back has being made. I'm being hopeful that this decision has been delayed until whoever with the authority does call it or not. Nexon's current interaction with the community regarding this is very minimal. Usually with an exploit like this there'd be a separate notice regarding the issue and their reasons for their actions.

I still think there's plenty of time for them to make that call. One of the first roll backs called by Nexon was an absolute disaster and all I recall was a very long duration being pushed back. Sure it's not the best thing to do and is atrocious pr but.. what kind of reputation do they even have left. I'm not sure about others but this current situation(and if nothing is done to the items out there) discourages me from playing than even a week long RB.

I know and I'm a part of it but that's the gist I'm getting when I read these basil posts. I'm more disappointed by the community than Nexon's actions.

17. Default Re: How do you feel about no rollback? I know how Hitler feels.

Doing a rollback shouldn't be the only option. They should have learned by now that duping has been a problem in Maple and should be able to handle it a lot better. They need to be able to track anyone who looted/made/bought a bunch of the duped items and ban them permanently. Then, keep them banned and not unban them a week later.

18. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

and i remember hackers saying, back when that other patch hit whose name i can't remember, that duping had been "patched forever"

oh how wrong they were...

19. Default Re: How do you feel about no rollback? I know how Hitler feels.

We may get another era of craven/stonetooth/nisrock MTS weapons when they roll out the new auction house. I speculate the auction house was delayed for this very reason.

20. Default Re: How do you feel about no rollback? I know how Hitler feels.

Maaaybe (morelike "hopefully") they're planning on implementing some measures in it to deal with dupers and illegit behavior?