Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - January 1, 2014

They release a public to get back at someone. It's not like it is the only one that they possess. Publicly releasing causes a big mess and basically forces Nexon to fix it ASAP.

2. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - January 1, 2014

I was giving him the benefit of the doubt :I

3. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - January 1, 2014

I've sent Nexon tickets detailing people who sold duped items and bragged about duping the items during the duping crisis after RED was released and prior to Nexon taking any kind of action. I included screenshots and videos.

Those people were walking around free the same day that Nexon claimed to have banned the dupers and those who sold duped items. Not only were they capable of playing on the same accounts that they sold the duped items, they were selling duped items. Again.
    Last edited by ChickenKiev; 2014-01-02 at 01:12 AM. Reason: For clarification

4. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - January 1, 2014

Eh well they're tickets.
    You can always send me information so I can put it somewhere where it'll probably be seen.

5. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - January 1, 2014

Is there any sort of video that would 'prove' someone who's botting with an auto-CC script is cheating? There's a couple people I've tracked to Future Henesys's pig farm basically all of December, but never got an SS of them hunting because they CC 2 times then log off if someone's still tracking them.

I'm assuming they train because they gain 50-100m exp per day steadily, just never even seen them attacking...

6. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - January 1, 2014

People were discussing the success rate of actions being taken by Nexon to fix duping and to ban dupers. I was adding to that.

Plus I believe I already sent you the screenshots of the people selling duped items here on SP.net.

7. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

If a hacker wanted a private hack patched, they could make a pastebin with a full guide and tweet it to http://twitter.com/5tove (Min Kim).

That's been done for the last 2 cases, as he seems to use twitter nearly daily and definitely has the power to shut the game down.

8. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - January 1, 2014

Well it shouldn't be "Well they're tickets"... The situation should be able to be solved in tickets.

9. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - January 1, 2014

I completely agree.
    I'm just saying that 'cause the ticketing system isn't always too reliable.

10. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - January 1, 2014

How long was the last dupe public for and how far did they roll the servers back?

I think they only rolled back 18/20 hours or so, no idea how long it was public though. I am fully expecting a rollback for this dupe, and hopefully this time they won't f'ucking unban everyone days later. Still not a clue why they did that, if they even noticed it happened.

11. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - January 1, 2014

1. A bit longer than a day.
    2. There's no notice of a rollback.

12. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - January 1, 2014

...I'm aware. I said I was expecting one. Unless you misread and replied with how long THIS roll back will last, which is not what I was saying.

The scenario is roughly the same as last time, and last time they 'resolved' the issue with a roll back, hence I am expecting a roll back this time too.

13. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - January 1, 2014

Yup, misread. Sorry about that.
    I think the last rollback was about 14 hours.
    Not sure how long it was public for though.

14. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - January 1, 2014

Found the thread on the hacking forum:

Dupe released 11:53pm EST (8:53pm PST) on the 8th December
    USC began 2:20pm EST on the 9th December (so the game was up for under 15 hours)
    MS rolled back to 8pm PST 8th December

This time around:

Dupe released 8:23pm EST (5:23pm PST) on 31st December
    USC began 12:35am EST (9:35pm PST) on the 2nd(/1st) January (game was up for ~28 hours)
    If they decide to roll back fully, it'll likely be to 5pm PST on the 31st, which is a loooooong time, so we'll see I guess.. though I don't think they have much choice.

Maybe they'll roll back up to the point where they blocked Hired Merchants/Permits from being sold in the Cash Shop and forget about the rest? No idea when that happened though. Was asleep I think.

15. Peanuts
    IGN: BaconSkewers
    Server: Bera
    Level: 210
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: Acrylic
    Alliance: Honour

I'm going to be really sad if there's a rollback. I've spent the last two days doing all the Crimsonheart/Tynerum/Commerci Quests.

I'll die if I have to repeat that Jump Quest again :(

16. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - January 1, 2014

You know what? My main character has been on lockdown with that stupid error code 38 for 2 weeks now.

But actually, I'm not even that mad. Specially when you see what kind of crap they are dealing with. Having to work on an emergency in the middle of the holidays, always fearing a new exploit.

Take your time, guys, it's ok, this is kind of an special case. And I just have to understand.

But of course I'll have to vent away not at you, but at my bad luck for having this pineappleing weird glitch.

17. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - January 1, 2014

Oh, don't worry, there are rond of hacks kept private.
    The people that find them are smart enough for that.
    EMS had a guy who had a lot of information on pretty much every EMS hack existing and he sent it to nexon EU multiple times. After being ignored for ages he gave up and decided to use them. They're still not fixed.

18. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Hey at least you didn't have the best scrolling experiance of your life, nearly perfected a weapon w/o slates. This happened to me on the 29th though, and I'm confident they aren't going that much back. Still can't help but to feel really damn bad for all the people who did scroll something similar during the last 1-2 days.

They should announce these ASAP even if they aren't taking servers down, so people know not to scroll or waste time on anything.

19. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - January 1, 2014

The main problem is that it's the holidays. These people do this for a living. I bet you were on vacation during that time too, and if you weren't, you were one among few. The hackers that released this knew they screwed Nexon over, simply because to them, this is a job, not a hobby like we see it.

20. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

What would be the point of leaving the servers up and telling everybody to stop playing?
    "We are disabling all features except the chat. Happy Mapling!"