1. Default Quick Tips and Strategy for Yut Wars

Rules of the game: You cast 4 sticks Yut sticks by turn and move your pieces. First player who moves all four of his/her pieces home then goal wins. If you cast a 4 or a 5 you can cast again. If you land on your opponent's piece, you remove their piece and you get another cast (this part seems buggy as you don't always get extra cast when you already casted twice this turn). If you land on your own piece, the two pieces are combined and are moved together. However if they are removed, they are removed together. You have to move in the direction of the arrows if you are standing on the corners and middle. If you are on the first space and you cast a -1, you can move backwards to home then goal next cast.

Since there are 4 sticks and one of which is marked "back," here are the chances of rolling each number (excluding Nak or no move):

-1: 1/16
    1: 3/16
    2: 6/16
    3: 4/16
    4: 1/16
    5: 1/16

Generally you want to stay out of your opponent's 2 to 3 range and put your own pieces behind theirs 2 to 3 spaces as much as possible to increase your chances of removing their pieces and getting another cast of the Yut sticks. If you have a piece on the 3rd space then you roll another 3, stacking another piece onto the 3rd space is a bad bad idea unless you are desperate.

2. Default Re: Quick Tips and Strategy for Yut Wars

It is strategy and luck based. Your opponent getting just one good role can make you lose.

The first space to goal with back do is really odd, but I guess it must be in the rules, what ever those are. It is possible to roll multiple 4/5, but I have not seen them stack more than 3 times.

3. Electron Straight Female
    IGN: HumSoftly
    Server: Bera
    Level: 205
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: Acrylic
    Alliance: ComicCon
    Farm: Litha
    Wisconsin

Default Re: Quick Tips and Strategy for Yut Wars

Does anyone know how the directions are picked at the intersections? I was assuming 1st would be the shortest distance, and so on like that (unless they're stacked), but it's not always so clear cut and simple.

4. Default Re: Quick Tips and Strategy for Yut Wars

You don't go the direction the arrow is pointing unless you land on the arrow first.

5. Default Re: Quick Tips and Strategy for Yut Wars

To add to this, if you land on the middle arrow and get a back-do, you can head back down either path to get there.

6. Default Re: Quick Tips and Strategy for Yut Wars

Do not have too many pieces on the first line, get them off that line ASAP, it's very easy to get caught there. Try not to stack your pieces on the 1st line, again, too easy to get caught. The area northeast of the center(including the center) is also pretty dangerous because a 5+x combo can attack that area.

7. Default Re: Quick Tips and Strategy for Yut Wars

ive made a maximum of 9 rolls before my opponent gained their turn. double, triple rolls and captures ;p

8. Default Re: Quick Tips and Strategy for Yut Wars

The first time I played, my first 5 turns or so were all 2's or 3's matched exactly by the other person rolling the same thing and sending me back to the start.

Kinda soured me on the whole thing, cause it's not like I had any choice.

9. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: Sergeachu
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 203
    Job: Buccaneer
    Guild: Xlaws
    Farm: PokeStead
    New_York

Like some people have already said, never stack your pieces in the 1st line. If you want, you can stack 'em later when you're outside of the first line, that way, it is not as likely for the player to capture your pieces.

Always aim for the shortcuts and be careful on where you place your pieces.

10. Default Re: Quick Tips and Strategy for Yut Wars

Maximise the number of times you can roll, and find ways to allow yourself to roll even more often. Remember: order of movement can bring unexpectedly good results.

And don't take risks that would squander your double rolls.

Hadriel

11. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: TidusAiYuna
    Server: BelloNova
    Level: 204
    Job: Drk
    Guild: Minah<3
    Alliance: Tiffany<3
    Farm: Hyuna<3
    australia

Have someone on the first spot incase u get -1

12. Default Re: Quick Tips and Strategy for Yut Wars

I find myself doing this quite a bit. Usually I'll leave a piece on there for a bit, and I've ended up getting a -1 a few times. Even won a match once like that.

Now if only the coin shop would reopen...