Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Default Re: Maple.FM - Free Market Search Tool

Thank you for your input. I've only been working on the site for a little tiny bit over a week, so expect bugs. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, though.

#1: This is in the works. The past three days or so I've been hard at work on an item database that, once fully finished, should really help people find items. It also offers commenting, so people can provide help with how to find stuff.

#2: Wow, I had no idea this part was wrong! Actually, my data person is still working on potential levels. Once he figures it out, these should correct themselves. Until then, take the potentials as a rough estimate -- they're not perfect. UPDATE -- I think I fixed this now.

#3: This will also be on its way. :)

#4: This has been planned since day one. I just haven't gotten around to it. Expect something like Diablo 3's auction house system for this. These features will appear in the "Advanced Options."

#5: Also on its way.

#6: I think so. Some results aren't being listed, but my data person is working on a fix.

#7: That's not demanding at all. I'll take it into consideration.

#8: I might add this as an "Advanced Option." I plan on having these advanced options save cross-session, but for now they reset each refresh (sorry about that).
    Last edited by Faytth; 2013-12-29 at 03:32 AM.

2. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Default Re: Maple.FM - Free Market Search Tool

Like http://google.com?

I don't see the difference to all of those threads (at any maple forum) discussing about effects of an exploit/hacking/botting to MS. It's not like anyone has been posting guides or links for any illegit activities. This thread should break neither Nexon's or Southperrys rules:

http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=1

3. Default Re: Maple.FM - Free Market Search Tool

I don't think the people who scam in the FM entrance have anything to fear; most of their victims won't know about this site anyway.

It doesn't fix the problem of only being able to sell stuff effectively if you buy NX either. I suppose you can point to it to justify your offers in the entrance but you're still at a big disadvantage for harder to sell items.

In summary still waiting for the proper auction house before I bother trying to buy/sell in MS. Vast majority of my ingame time stays away from the horribleness that is the FM. Last time I sold stuff in bulk was when the MTS was cheap to use.

4. Default Re: Maple.FM - Free Market Search Tool

All this does is modernise the market and finally gives people that don't have a fm1-5spot a chance to sell stuff. Almost everyone protesting is someone who makes their money using this so it'a not strange they's protesting. Of course, there are people that don't like it because it's Notting and you're free to think that, I just don't think this has a negative effect on me so I don't have a problem with it. As someone who never managed to sell stuff or sold stuff for way too little I welcome this as it would finally give me a chance to get more than 100m.
    Mabinogi releases this information and allows 3rd parties to do stuff with it (Eos made an app with help from that stuff some time ago) and Vindictus has something like the auction house but free and unlimited, unlike the maple auction house.

5. Default Re: Maple.FM - Free Market Search Tool

From what I can gather here, most people know of the person who has engineered this website.
    Riu's most known invention, "RiPE", inflicted immense amounts of damage to MapleStory back when it was around.

What's the difference between using a packet editor and using a website like this? This website runs on bots (scripted with an illegal third party program) and is clearly illegitimate, just as a packet editor is.

I'm just questioning those of you who are absolutely against hacking but continue to support and use this website: why so hypocritical.

Not attacking you here @Mazz; (I need someone I actually respect on this site to use as an example) but the comments you've left on Kevin (fungusbrain)'s videos following his decision to utilize the duping exploit are absolutely ironic. Funnily enough you upload videos of yourself abusing the compensation (you've got like 20-30 mules?) rewarded from the rollback following the dupings and you continue to support a website like this whilst continuing to look down upon Kevin (fungusbrain).

6. Brick Male
    IGN: ZeroCA
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero
    Guild: EssentiaI
    Alliance: N/A
    Farm: ReneMule
    usa

Default Re: Maple.FM - Free Market Search Tool

@Melbourne; Quite thorough bashing tbh imo tbh.

How do you feel that you changed the opinions of exactly zero people?

The people that would get pulled by that argument already agree with you, and those that won't will continue that way.

That is fine, but... You just attacked people that didn't prove anything.

7. Default Re: Maple.FM - Free Market Search Tool

That would be "Gathering Information" vs "Changing Reality".
    Or the difference between having invented a gun, and having armed an entire nation of homicidal maniacs while profiting from it..

Reading the WZs is also illegal.
    Mining out the monster book data, illegal.
    Scraping the ranks, illegal.
    Scraping the current world population levels, illegal.

This falls under the same category as all of those. If you don't like it, don't use it.
    As long as it's passively logging public data and making it available to a wider audience it's not hacking, and before anyone else puts their foot in their mouths on this subject I am going to give the entire thread a reminder about;

Accusations
    Point Value: 1 point
    Definition: "Posting a claim that someone is a hacker, troll, or mult. Or claiming that someone has been reported."
    Additional Comment: The following examples are exceptions to this rule: 1. This rule does not apply to moderators or administrators, 2. Reporting someone for trolling does not invoke this rule. The following examples do count: Saying something to the effect of "Reported for trolling", or saying someone lives under bridges or acts in the general manner of mythical trolls. This also includes comments similar to "Reported for X, enjoy your Y".

Hacking
    Point Value: 16 points (Permanent Ban)
    Definition: "Posting that you are or you have hacked any online game."
    Additional comment: Known hackers from other forums are not banned on sight here. We, as admins and mods, cannot police every person that enters the site based on their behavior across the entire internet. We deal with what happens here, and that doesn't include extensive background checks on registering and lifelong monitoring thereafter. If a person is stupid enough to say, "I am a hacker", then he deserves a banning. This also includes people who post pictures where it's readily obvious the user hacked the game. Use of the Robin Hood Defense (hacking for the public good) will be determined by moderators.

And this thread is going into timeout so everyone can chill long enough to digest.