Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why I love SP

1. Default Re: Why I love SP

It's like some sort of brainwashing magic has possessed my mind to have me keep going here.

It's like I'm really playing MapleStory, but without the terrible business practices.

2. Default Re: Why I love SP

Southperry offers a casual intellectional like atmosphere. Most people are more balanced emotionally and identify themselves because they are older. There's bad eggs and certian cliques are a lot more judgemental than necessary, but we get by.

It's easy to get in, just don't act like me and everyones happy

3. the Immutable Neuter
    IGN: Stephen
    Server: U.S.A.
    Level: 25
    Job: Sailor
    Guild: USN
    Alliance: VAQ-141 Shadowhawks
    ireland

Default Re: Why I love SP

>implying you're the worst of us all

4. the Immutable Neuter
    ireland

5. Default Re: Why I love SP

Oh. I thought all we had to do was to pledge our allegiance to Queen Eos.

6. Default Re: Why I love SP

I usually end up eying the update notes and extractions to see if some miraculous change has happened that would convince me to jump back in. Like RED, for instance: the patch that everyone is claiming to have suddenly made the game far more appealing/worth playing again for those who had quit or went on some sort of hiatus.

Personally, I'm more excited for the system changes coming in the You & I update. Namely, dat universal, all-map encompassing party play.

7. Default Re: Why I love SP

Well, that's one way to look at it. RED wasn't enough to hold my attention for more than two weeks. I've just lost my interest in that game, and I don't want it back.

Southperry on the other hand, is run by a responsible administrator who gets things done and participates in the community. Not to mention that said community is great overall (for reasons already stated).

And if there's ever a downtime, it doesn't last for 25 hours.

8. Default Re: Why I love SP

I can relate somewhat. There isn't quite anything driving me to play the game aside from nostalgia and the chance of running into old friends (its rare, but it happens). That being said, them fixing the game and making it better again... or, in this case, putting a new focus on the original classes, panders to said nostalgia, therefore drawing me back in for however short a time I can be bothered with (and that usually isn't very long).

It all revolves around memories and social interaction for me. By this point I've come to a personal conclusion that the game can't be enjoyed properly without the company of others, hence my excitement for You & I, with all of its forcible party-making promises. It certainly won't get me to start blowing summer vacations on the game again, but it'll probably make whatever time I choose to spend there much more enjoyable at the least, I'd think.

I do have a lot of burnout, especially with all the classes, etc. I tend to drop in every half year, if that.

9. Default Re: Why I love SP

Or the renegade knights

http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=67669

10. Default Re: Why I love SP

peach why am I not a renegade knight what do I have to do
    And wtp Danny is on there twice

11. Default Re: Why I love SP

They obviously take your name literally and become Mute.

12. the Immutable Neuter
    ireland

13. Default Re: Why I love SP

Yes, you used it before and yet it applies so well.

14. the Immutable Neuter
    ireland

AND THAT IS WHY I LOVE SP ALSO