Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zero Discussion

1. Default Re: Zero Discussion

@Mazz; Right-click on one of your buttons. Go to "Set Selector," and navigate to the set you want it to switch to when you hold down the button. Select "While Held." That'll get you to 2 layouts easily enough. If you want 3 layouts, it gets a little tricky. You do the same thing you did for getting the second layout (just bind another button on your 1st set to use Set 3 while held). However, if you ever hit both modifier buttons at the same time, your layouts will bug out.

To fix this, go to layout 2 and 3. On the other modifier key (the one that's empty right now), add a modifier so that it goes back to the 1st set (One Way). This way, if you ever get stuck in layout 2 or 3, just press both modifier keys one at a time. It'll take you back to the 1st layout.

I highly recommend staying with just layouts 1 and 2 if you can. Adding that 3rd layout can be a little buggy.

2. Default Re: Zero Discussion

Is there any way to tell MS which controller to use? I tried using the Logitech Gaming Profiler to change the order of devices, but it still grabs the wrong one (I have a gaming wheel and a gamepad plugged in, it picks the wheel).

3. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Default Re: Zero Discussion

How powerful do you feel Zero is when compared to other classes? When you look past all the free goodies they get that essentially gives them free damage and free stuff, are they truly up there with the best of the best, such as a full potential Xenon? Are they as good bossers as all the classes with free 60% status resistance?

Small observations:
    -From what I notice Alpha is victim to status effects because only Beta gets the free 50% status resistance, but on the other hand he's so mobile and pretty much has 100% crit with very little trouble and makes training really fast paced
    -Their ability to reset cooldowns every 3 minutes is hilariously good. Kinda makes the longer cooldowns of their other 3 abilities seem really unneeded

4. Default Re: Zero Discussion

If you have Logitech Gaming Profiler, just profile each button to a key instead.

5. Default Re: Zero Discussion

If you're constantly attacking, then it's less than 3 min. Probably closer to 90-100 seconds with minimal latency and good control.

Hadriel

6. Default Re: Zero Discussion

Liking how easy it is to kill Gollux on Zero.
    On my Kanna I basically just have to hope Haku doesn't try casting when Shikigami Charm is on CD and I need to switch sides since he blocks Ether Pulse. >_>

7. Orbital Bee Cannon

Speaking of that, I've wondered how does Doubletime work with the longer cooldown skills? I've seen a video where a Zero used their ultimate at least 3-4 times in ~3 minutes, but for me I would use the ultimate and attacking sometimes lowers the cooldown, and other times it doesn't. Again I'm talking about the longer cooldowns like the Rez/Ultimate/Cooldown Reset/Party Skill. Sorry, names escape me at the moment and I have to head out now.

8. Default Re: Zero Discussion

Attacking should reduce the cooldown of all skills - Time Distortion, Time Holding and Time Rewind being the more critical skills to be affected by this.

Similarly, attacking should reduce the cooldown of all of the skills in the rest of the Combinations i.e. anything with a cooldown of 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 15 seconds etc.. So if you used Combination 4 -- Wind Cutter > Wind Striker > Storm Break, then used one full Combination 1 sequence, your cooldown should have decreased by an additional 3 * 3 = 9 seconds (I think?).

Hadriel

9. Default Re: Zero Discussion

Don't know if anyone else has notice but the whole "You may not use that skill yet." notice is kinda buggy or at least they didn't take in mind how zero skills work since doing combos without spamming the key, hitting the combo not right away and even just a simple double/triple tap triggers it, I just hope nexon fixes this(remove the notice from zero combo skills if possible) since it pretty much means no chatting while attacking.

10. Orbital Bee Cannon

Just had a realization/idea. Since Lapis Lazuli share whatever potential one of them gets, doesn't it technically mean you only need to use 1/2 the amount of cubes to get amazing potential? May not be a lot, but I can imagine your average Zero player will save ~$100 worth of cubes or more just by only having to cube one weapon for ideal potentials. Also means less victim to cubing through potentials.

11. Default Re: Zero Discussion

Correct. If you get 30% bossing on the weapon, You're actually getting 60% since it counts as both your primary weapon and secondary.

12. Default Re: Zero Discussion

That's what I asked previously on this thread but no one noticed it QQ Glad I'm not the only one that thinks this =')

13. Default Re: Zero Discussion

First Nexon introduces classes with secondary weapons, then they let us cube for boss damage, and then give the rest of the classes secondary weapons as if they were doing us a favour. Certainly, you spend less money on Zero, but who created that 'necessity' of cubing (more than one weapon) in the first place?

14. Default Re: Zero Discussion

Referring to skills as A (Alpha) / B (Beta) 1,2,3,4 a/b/c, one combination you can actually do with not much cooldown is
    A4a A4b A4c A1a B4a B4b B4c B3a
    As long as you hit mobs on all 6 of Combination 4, you're only using A1a and B3a to fill in the gaps until you can tag again (which seems to be 3 seconds firm, no cooldown reduction allowed)
    When I'm lazy, I just use the 2 keys (A4 and B4) and deal with "You may not use the skill yet" spam. Or I pause for a bit after A4a/B4a to let the tornadoes stack more damage on (in Dimension invasion they last long enough to take out an entire spawn of mobs, it's insane)

I guess 15 seconds is starting from A4a, and by the time you've done 5 other attacks it's reduced to 0 anyway.

A4 and B4 are both massive damage attacks that don't move the character so this is what I use on bosses. They also combo with each other so this way you're getting twice as many attacks of both.

15. Peanuts
    IGN: BaconSkewers
    Server: Bera
    Level: 210
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: Acrylic
    Alliance: Honour

And I thought I was just bad at Zero.

16. Default Re: Zero Discussion

Sorry if some of these Zero questions were asked elsewhere but:
    Spoiler

17. Default Re: Zero Discussion

Spoiler

18. Default Re: Zero Discussion

Spoiler

19. Peanuts
    IGN: BaconSkewers
    Server: Bera
    Level: 210
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: Acrylic
    Alliance: Honour

Found an interesting glitch/trick with Zeroes and death. When you die, if you tag out (using the Equipment pane to swap genders) you re-spawn in the spot you died as the other half with full HP. Not that useful, but at least it saves walking back from town.

20. Orbital Bee Cannon

Sorta Zero related but not really. Used 36 Black cubes and weapon still remained at Epic. How many cubes did it take you guys to get to Unique/Legendary?