Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Bank

1. Default Pokemon Bank

So, for those of you who haven't heard/noticed, the eshops on both Wii U and 3DS have been inaccessible almost all day for the last two days.

Pokemon bank launched on the night of the 24th/morning of the 25th in Japan. Pokemon bank worked for a little bit for the Japanese (you can see some pokemon have appeared on the GTS that can't have gotten there any other way), but anyone with pokemon up there now, are currently stuck in limbo.

Oh, and pokemon bank/transporter has been removed from the Japanese eshop and changed to "TBC" for europe and america , rather than tommorrow.

Welcome to the all digital future people!

edit: Oh, and people were getting hacked (but with legitimate stats/moves) pokemon through the Pokemon bank checks fine. So bring all your hacked pokemon over, it's fine!
    Last edited by Lozmaster; 2014-02-04 at 03:41 AM.

2. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Default Re: Pokemon Bank problems

Just some confirmed changes:

Sacred Fire Entei
    Techno Blast buffed to 120 BP
    Switcheroo Froslass (egg move via Whimsicott)
    Switcheroo Klefki (egg move via Whimsicott)
    Moonblast Cresselia

3. Default Re: Pokemon Bank problems

I'd love to say that i called it, but it was obvious that this would happen.

Also entei getting a buff is nice.

4. Default Re: Pokemon Bank problems

Was Therin forme Thundurus buffed? I came across one on battle spot that outsped my perfect speed mega Lucario the other day. And no, it wasn't scarfed.

If not, it makes me think that Pokebank/wi-fi servers have a 'leniency zone' for the pokemon you take through.

5. Default Re: Pokemon Bank problems

Did you Mega-Evolve on the turn that you were outsped?

6. Default Re: Pokemon Bank problems

Yes... I take it that matters

7. Default Re: Pokemon Bank problems

I would presume turn order is calculated before the mega evolution occurs then, rather than buffing Thudurus

8. Default Re: Pokemon Bank problems

The turn you mega-evolve, the Pokemon still has its original stats, so for a Lucario it still has a 90 base speed until the next turn.

9. Default Re: Pokemon Bank problems

After doing a bit of research, it's not that it keeps its original stats, but the turn order is indeed calculated prior to mega evolution. Live and learn, as they say.

Thanks for the input, people! You learn something new everyday.

10. Default Re: Pokemon Bank problems

Kind of makes mega evolutions that improve speed worthless then... what a dumb decision.

11. Default Re: Pokemon Bank problems

Nobody wants first turn Mega manectric volt switches, or first turn mega gengars, or mega alakazams, or mega aerodactyls.

No one wants any of that

12. Default Re: Pokemon Bank problems

That's why some people considered running Protect on megas. On the other hand, this is interesting for Garchomp, who has lowered speed after mega evo, except that first turn.

Lol, Techno Blast finally not obsolete.

13. Default Re: Pokemon Bank problems

It's to stop cheap shots where the opponent can be surprised by a megaevo out of nowhere that results in them losing priority that they would have been able to assume having.

If your megaevo pokemon only lasts a turn you're probably doing something wrong anyway given that most of them are legendary tier strength.

14. Default Re: Pokemon Bank problems Update: Bank is back in Japan

Bank is back in Japan.

Hacked pokemon are apparently still getting through, so yeah.

15. Default Re: Pokemon Bank problems Update: Bank is back in Japan

It's impossible to stop hacked ones anyways.

16. Default Re: Pokemon Bank problems Update: Bank is back in Japan

No, but they could do more than just check...IVs and EVs I think it is?

What about movesets, abilities, etc.? They don't even check to see if it's legit by the game's own rules.

It's one thing when it's a rule-safe Pokemon that was cheated and a different thing when it's not a rule-safe Pokemon.

17. Default Re: Pokemon Bank problems Update: Bank is back in Japan

The only way to make a huge dent in this is to make sure the secret ID is correct. Even then every attribute of a pokemon can be replicated accurately.

18. Default Re: Pokemon Bank problems Update: Bank is back in Japan

They could have, before they set this up, set each Pokemon's data have the information of which abilities it's allowed to have and which moves it's allowed to have, and then check the ability/moves they have against this list at the time of upload. It wouldn't be that hard and since it would be on PokeBank, not the game, there wouldn't be any real worry of too much data on the cartridge or anything like that. To top it off if it fails they could have just given an, "Unknown Error" with a specific error code and when they cried about it online everyone would know who the cheaters were.

19. Default Re: Pokemon Bank problems Update: Bank is back in Japan

This would have been a smart thing to o, and probably not too difficult. Maybe they could patch it in later? They would also have to make sure they include event pokemon that have abilities/moves they normally can't.

20. Default Re: Pokemon Bank problems Update: Bank is back in Japan

Could argue "could've" all day but they didnt Why? Because the Id is so secret they evidently don't f`ucking know.