Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: Unscheduled Maintenance - December 18, 2013

Patched but fell asleep because I had a 14 hour day in the lab. Looks like I... didn't miss anything much.

Just give me the stamp yo. But I'm not free this weekend to play :(

Hadriel

2. Default Re: Unscheduled Maintenance - December 18, 2013

Not anyone's fault they didn't know about the stars yet. Illegallysane is actually right IMO, you just seem butthurt with the route you went.

3. Proton
    (Banned from this thread)
    Male
    IGN: DemsXE
    Server: GAZED
    Level: 207
    Job: Xenon
    Guild: Premiere
    Alliance: Prime
    Farm: Dems

Default Re: Unscheduled Maintenance - December 18, 2013

what route? i don't understand. i knew about the stars as soon as the game came up and chose not to rip people off? is that what you mean or?

4. Default Re: Unscheduled Maintenance - December 18, 2013

Free market is pretty fair

5. Default Re: Unscheduled Maintenance - December 18, 2013

its not ripping people off, its turning a quick and legitimate profit. get off your e-white knight high horse.

6. Proton
    Male

it's immoral and if it happened to you in real life you'd be up in arms about it. you are deceiving people into wasting their money on your overpriced item. that's immoral imo. it's not illegitimate in that it's cheating, no. but it's immoral and i stand by that.

7. Default Re: Unscheduled Maintenance - December 18, 2013

Yes, taking advantage of a blatantly obvious mishap/glitch and profiting off of it (off other players, no less) is legitimate and acceptable.

8. Default Re: Unscheduled Maintenance - December 18, 2013

It's certainly not scamming, as there is no catch to the item. You get what you pay for. They may be ignorant for buying it overpriced, but the item is real. Unless you were actually talked into buying a set with false information, I don't see it as scamming. If anything, merchers are the real scammers in the game 99% of the time.

But calling the item not a rip-off is also pushing it. The profit is legitimate. But it's unfair. Much like scalping.

9. Default Re: Unscheduled Maintenance - December 18, 2013

Talking about morality.

About a game run by one of the most amoral and uncaring companies in gaming.

Yeah good luck with that.

10. Proton
    Male

well said and some of these sales/merches have a lot of "grooming" involved. I've seen a particular someone groom someone into selling them tyrant for dirt cheap(800m) which people argued was legit. when you sit and convince people to sell you something for cheap, that's strange, lying, and scamming. how you said this describes this situation well. it's unfair. it's taking advantage of people and it's not whiteknighting to point that out.

11. Default Re: Unscheduled Maintenance - December 18, 2013

What do you call this "buyers have no knowledge prior to what they're paying for" situation? Principal agent problem? I can't say that I feel sorry for the buyers who immediately jumped at no second thoughts to buy these stars from the "scammers". Heck, I haven't even done the Gollux prequests yet I know of this information shorthand after scanning through Southperry so consider me lucky. This problem will rapidly go away in just a few days the more people are aware of the cheap stars sold in the Gollux shop, so will people really care the next week?. Probably not the victims. All this does is make a cheap, quick profit for the sellers and buyers remorse.

These people have a point. The players themselves 99% control the market, not Nexon, so they have a say in what prices to establish. If Nexon really cares about the players, they would've said in their update notes or in the free market announcements that the stars are really cheap, and not just say "prices have been adjusted" which is a vague statement. Basic economics 101. Go argue at morality all you want, but at the end of the day, it's Nexon themselves who made the free market in the first place. Should you blame them?

12. Default Re: Unscheduled Maintenance - December 18, 2013

It's called a Free Market for a reason.

13. Default Re: Unscheduled Maintenance - December 18, 2013

implying that preying on player ignorance is anything new by fm regulars

14. Default Re: Unscheduled Maintenance - December 18, 2013

All these people mad that they didnt hop on the deal when they had the chance. Its probably still going to be there after the SC.

Spoiler

15. Proton
    Male

and that's fine. a free market doesn't require morality. pointing out immorality doesn't threaten the functions of the free market and i can't see why it's being criticized. if you believe it's moral, then fine, but why get so upset and vehement about someone saying they think it's immoral? do you really think it's morally correct if you're that up in arms about it? or is this just an excuse to create drama for yourself to enjoy? why do the opinions of people on the morality of an action mean so much to you/them?

and it's hardly a "good" deal. so i could what sell like 4 sets to all 2 of the night lords on gazed? i don't feel i missed out on anything rofl.

16. Default Re: Unscheduled Maintenance - December 18, 2013

I'm not up in arms about anything.
    It's literally called a Free Market. I was just pointing out the fact.

17. Polar Bear Gay Male
    IGN: danielcatu
    Server: yellonde
    Level: 121
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Vendetta
    Farm: 765pro
    chile

I just got maple throwing stars because I always wanted to have a set when they were expensive

not even trying to sell them or anything lol... I they added oranges I would've been totally happy (they're not in game anymore right?...)

18. Default Re: Unscheduled Maintenance - December 18, 2013

Nexon never removes items from the game, EVER. But the droprates, we don't know. I never seen an orange in the market before because they really aren't worth selling.

19. Proton
    Male

some people remain moral in the free market :(. just not many. gazed has a lot of moral fm hoes/merchers. we have a lot of immoral ones too but they kinda seem to stick with each other(saving a lot of people a lot of trouble). they've also lost almost all of their group to bans/moving on.

20. Default Re: Unscheduled Maintenance - December 18, 2013

They did remove White Scrolls however.