1. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Damage range <-> crit conversion?

Trying to figure out which rings I should be wearing, but I don't know how to calculate the usefulness of Crit rings vs. ordinary rings.

What exactly does Crit % do, specifically for a Hero? What does Min Crit Damage do?

If you want to do the specific case's math

2. Default Re: Damage range <-> crit conversion?

Well, I did a comparison for Dual Blades here: http://www.southperry.net/showthread...=1#post1181162

I can probably do something similar for Heroes in a little bit, once I read up on all the Hero skills, but you'd probably know them better than me, the math's all there if you'd like to do it yourself rather than waiting for me. (Oh, but you'd have to do a weighted average for average crit damage, which wasn't necessary for DBs since they basically have 100% crit)

3. Default Re: Damage range <-> crit conversion?

Heroes perform badly on crits - Combo Attack (+120% iirc with 10 orbs & hypers) is additive with crit damage so they do way lower crits than most classes. Basically regular hits are 220% and crits are 250~270%.

4. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Damage range <-> crit conversion?

I know Crit is less useful for Heros than for other classes because of Combo Attack, but I don't really know the numbers. That's why I asked what Crit % and Crit Min Damage do for Heros.

5. Default Re: Damage range <-> crit conversion?

As long as you know your base crit rates, you can work out the bonus due to crit:
    (min+max)/2*rate
    eg. (30+50)/2*0.4 for a 40% critrate with no bonuses = 16%
    +10 min +10 rate (iirc the better ring) puts that at (40+50)/2*0.5 = 22.5%

Just tag that onto the full orbs combo amount - 236% and 242.5% damage. The difference is a 2.75% increase.

If you don't know the actual min/max you can assume they're 30&50 and it won't change much.