Thread: College Life

1. Default College Life

I'm about to be 21 next year, and I can remember the thoughts of enrolling to college when I graduate High School those years ago. I previously wanted to enroll in the Art Institutes but after feedback from few friends, I'm changing my mind, most likely.

I'm from Georgia, and I'm looking for either a more suitable college, a 4 year degree. An art college is fine, but if that's not the case, I'll take any other college, though I do wish to take some careers in art, design or culinary arts.

My interests in Majors are Illustration, Graphic Design, Game Design, maybe even writing. For Culinary Arts, I would love to get into the pastry-cooking programs.

I would like to get some feedback, I felt like letting it out. I don't know if it'll be any help.

2. Default Re: College Life

If art is your thing, you might want to look into being an animator. But if you want to do anything like that, you'd have to take a few CS classes, so I'm not sure if you're interested in doing that sort of thing. CS degree + animation would get you any job you want on the West coast/California if that's where you wanna end up (hell a CS degree will get you any job you want anywhere if you're decent). Had a friend with a CS degree work for Pixar so that's probably what you could be doing too :P

Other things that arts can do might be things like marketing, advertising, media studies if you want more people-interaction/team based work for corporations. Architecture is also a possibility if you are into more engineering type aspects.

4-year university is probably not a good idea for things like Culinary arts since there are specific schools for that and you'd be better off going to one of those.

IDK if that's the feedback you're looking for. The job market is pomegranate, but if you're good with your designs you at least have a very marketable skill. Now is a good time to go to school though and A LOT of hiring looks for college work on a resume as a "necessary" thing.

3. Default Re: College Life

What job markets would be acceptable nowadays?