1. Default Regarding the dreadful error code 38...

Is anyone else suffering from it? My main is suffering it again, and now it's not only monster life. After failing the cash shop too, it then proceeded to affect the character itself, when I changed channels. Now, everytime I log on it, I just crash to desktop with the "Error code 38" message popping out.

I can wave goodbye to the gingerbread man event I guess!

And also, anyone knows a way to fix it?

2. Default Re: Regarding the dreadful error code 38...

Bit of a bump (sorry), but just wondering if you managed to fix this at all? I have a friend getting the exact same error and he doesn't know what to do aside from just logging a ticket and waiting :(

3. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Regarding the dreadful error code 38...

A guildy of mine has the same problem. No solution that I know of

4. Default Re: Regarding the dreadful error code 38...

I had this a few times at HoH when a zero was on the map. Don't know if this helps?

5. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

That's not the same issue. (Although it scared me a lot when I logged my Kanna on at HoH and immediately crashed with Error 38, on two different channels... But I tried again after 2x was done and she was ok.)

6. Sassy Stranger Male
    IGN: SlayerZach
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: YES
    Job: Paladin
    Guild: Phoenix
    Farm: SlayerZach
    canada

The only thing that's worked for me was undoing my link skills.. I was desperate enough to re-link my skills, then undo them the next day in hopes for it to unglitch my character; it didn't seem to work until I tried to log in a few more times(?)

I cleared out some things from inventory (since it feels like an inventory issue) once I got lucky enough to log in. Unfortunately, it still did not fix the cash shop error. :|

Edit: On the subject of the Zero error 38, that's something completely different. You shouldn't have to worry about having your character locked out of logging in or whatever.

7. Default Re: Regarding the dreadful error code 38...

I received this PM from Chilly. It was before this thread got rebumped, so I'll leave it here for people to test, and let's hope we get some results between many people.

Have in mind there's still hope, because when the error hit, I was slacking on monster life, and have been until now, and even then, I can't remember the channel I crashed in.

So please, people, mind giving it a go?