1. Default Frame Rate drops when I enter Southperry?

Hello, I recently started playing this game, and as I finished the tutorial, I was on my way to Southperry. As soon as I entered, I started lagging horribly, and the longer I stay there, the worse it gets to the point where I can't do anything at all. I don't know what's causing it, I've tried reducing my quality all the way, too, and it still didn't help. Is there any way to fix this? I can't progress because of this...

2. Default Re: Frame Rate drops when I enter Southperry?

there's a maple admin npc in southperry, she's kinda laggy

3. Default Re: Frame Rate drops when I enter Southperry?

Why is an NPC so laggy though? Is there any way to fix this? If there isn't, guess I can't play... -_-

4. Polar Bear Gay Male
    IGN: danielcatu
    Server: yellonde
    Level: 121
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Vendetta
    Farm: 765pro
    chile

Default Re: Frame Rate drops when I enter Southperry?

the only way is deleting the npc from that map... since nexon just made this with almost every city... maybe theyll do with maple island sometime...

I wonder if event hall is laggy too... if so I think they'll have to make a new room for gaga cassandra and admin... would be nice if they put them onto a office(also add cody there)

5. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

on some peoples instances, their computer lags from the event npcs(e.g gaga, cassandra most likely due to continuously pinging for events or something of the sort). It is more prevalent in older setups, but not all. there's no real way to fix it besides potentially getting a better computer

6. Default Re: Frame Rate drops when I enter Southperry?

From my understanding, it's because she still has every single script she's ever been given at any point in time and when your PC tries to load this, there's so much data that the game needs to load that your PC essentially gets bogged down by the massive amount of sh'it they left in her NPC code. They have that NPC handle just about every event and she's never been cleaned out. Same thing with Cassandra, and to a lesser extent Gaga.

There's nothing you can do about it at all, you just have to steer clear of them or get past them as quickly as possible when needed.

Honestly I don't know why they even keep those NPCs in the game at all. All of them have infiltrated the side-menu now, at least they do in JMS. The NPCs are pointless, everything you need from them is accessible from the side-menu. They should just get rid of the NPCs completely.

7. Default Re: Frame Rate drops when I enter Southperry?

So thats why they lag people, that really lazy and dumb from nexon/wizet part, also I don't think they can remove the admin since she has other jobs aside events but they could make her only have those jobs and never use her for events again while cleaning her in the process.

8. Default Re: Frame Rate drops when I enter Southperry?

I believe the reason they don't clean her out is the fear that it would cause more problems than it would fix, much like the same reason the Mob.wz is GIGANTIC while half the mobs don't even get used.

The appropriate solution while dealing with that fear is to just make a new NPC that only has to deal with those extra things, and has nothing to do with events or quests. Could name her the same and use the same sprite too, and just swap them out.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Nexon Korea development team isn't even aware of her being an issue. Frame rate/loading issues probably get passed off by support as hardware problems and don't get forwarded to the development team.

9. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Another possible reason is so that the code can be reused if need be at a later point. If they wanted to use an event again it would be less work because all of the stuff is already there and they just have to change the dates.