1. Default J-Stars Victory Vs

I didn't find anything related to this in other topics, so here it is. While it's not officially stated, I sort of consider this new game somewhat of sequel to Jump Super Stars and Jump Ultimate Stars for the Nintendo DS. I'm a bit of the fan of the series too, but I suppose they are being developed by different companies. Namco is developing this new one. The transition from 2D to 3D graphics for the PS3 and Vita seems a bit odd to me, but it's still pretty interesting to see how it turns out.

But anyway, as it is for those are interested in anime and manga stuff... The games are basically a crossover fighting/brawl game from most of the popular Shonen Jump manga such as DBZ, Naruto, Bleach, One piece, etc. Only other thing like the previous games is that it might not be localized, so importing it might be the only option for those interested.

Last edited by Kubi; 2013-12-15 at 04:03 PM.

2. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Default Re: J-Stars Victory Vs

Might import this. I played the hell out of Jump! Ultimate Stars. The 3D combat style reminds me of Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm.

3. Default Re: J-Stars Victory Vs

Here are a few gameplay demo videos. There might also be a few spoilers for those that aren't up to date on the manga so be aware of that. From what they said, the game is only about 50% done, so I guess things look a bit odd.

4. Default Re: J-Stars Victory Vs

2D gameplay was awesome. 3D has that incredible potential of being terrible...

I'd buy it if it was for the 3DS. And if the 3DS didn't have that stupid region lock. Oh well.

5. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

I think the blinking invincibility is a tad bit too long

6. Default Re: J-Stars Victory Vs

Yeah, the 3D feels a bit odd to me too. Might be expecting it to be a bit more vibrant(?), but I can still get used to it if it's done well. They also said that the character list and roster is not complete, but the good news is that none of them are or will be paid DLC.

Anyway, here's a box art:
    Spoiler

7. Default Re: J-Stars Victory Vs

Yup import. F'uck it. It's got too many good mangos in it. AND WHO IS THAT I SPY IN THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THE BOX ART? IS IT TRUE? AND MY BASKETBALL MANGO TOO? AND MY MEDAKA BOX? AND MY EROTIC ONES TOO? ITS A DREAM COME TRUE!

8. Default Re: J-Stars Victory Vs

Childhood: The Game

REALLY wish I could play this...

9. Default Re: J-Stars Victory Vs

That might just be the slowest paced 3d fighting game I've ever seen.

For a bunch of anime characters.

Yeah, I think i'll pass.

10. Polar Bear Gay Male
    IGN: danielcatu
    Server: yellonde
    Level: 121
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Vendetta
    Farm: 765pro
    chile

Oh c'mon why are they taking so much to add arale on it?

11. Default Re: J-Stars Victory Vs

Have to agree, the gameplay does look a bit slow paced at the moment. They still have 3 months left, so maybe they'll fix or change it? It is also up to 4 players in a battle, so that might account for something. They're also adding more characters into the roster, adding in Neuro as support and Koro-sensei from Assassination Classroom as a playable character this time. There are a few characters that I would like playable than support, but oh well.
    Here's a new trailer:

12. Polar Bear Gay Male
    IGN: danielcatu
    Server: yellonde
    Level: 121
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Vendetta
    Farm: 765pro
    chile

after seeing nube fighting I wish they could add yukime too

>judy & mary
    >orange range
    wow are they going to add the original songs from their tv anime?

13. Default Re: J-Stars Victory Vs

Apparently so. They're also releasing an anison sound edition with it too.

There are some funny lines from Gintoki if you can understand japanese :p. Someone else translated it.
    Gintoki : Osu, I’m Goku.
    Goku : I’m surprised, my name’s also Goku!

Joseph : Your next line is “hmm, you kinda resemble me”.
    Gintoki : Hmm, you kinda resemble me…. Whaaat!?

14. Default Re: J-Stars Victory Vs

He finally mastered it since this.

15. Default Re: J-Stars Victory Vs

They're slowly revealing new characters as it should I guess. This time, it's Saint Seiya as a playable character and Allen Walker from D.Gray-man as a support character. There's also a silhouette of Hisoka from Hunter x Hunter in the scan.
    Spoiler

They also revealed the soul society stage, which looks pretty neat.
    Spoiler