I posted something in Marksman Bryan's thread, but after some thought I don't really think it's related to his issue, so I thought I'd make a new thread in hopes that someone had some insight.

I decided to check out some of the RED changes in JMS. Ever since I started playing, I've had some extremely serious framerate issues. I haven't played since before Xenon was added, which is before the addition of the new resolution. Before that I had no issues, but now...after being in an area for about 10 minutes, usually less, the game will begin to slowly lag. I'm not taking about network issues, I'm talking about frame rate issues. The game will slowly start to stutter, then work its way towards large half second intervals of non-responsiveness and then everything speeds up to catch up to where it should be (IE: Monsters speed across the map to where they've moved since the last time the game updated properly). Eventually, the game will completely freeze for anywhere between a minute to five. Afterwards, the game goes back to normal for another five minutes at which point it will start over.

At first, I thought this was an issue with my hardware over-rendering and causing stuttering. This has been the case for some games, like Saints Row 2, however when I ran the game with a frame rate limiter, there was no change. I attempted to force several other hardware features off/on/whatever through NVIDIA Inspector. Still no change. At this point I have absolutely no idea what is wrong, nor do I have any idea on how to do anything about it.

Some maps don't really seem to have an issue. For example, before I noticed this issue I had visited Henesys, Leafre, Sleepywood, and several maps nearby on other characters as I checked out some of the changes with RED. Outside of towns all of these maps were small, however I haven't really noticed any difference between a large map and a small since.

I was wondering if anyone has experienced this issue in GMS, whether past or preset, or if anyone had any ideas on how to fix it. The game is pretty much completely unplayable for me right now. Below are my specs:
Intel i5 CPU @ 3.0GHz Quad Core Processor
8GB Physical RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 SE with 4GB Dedicated RAM (2GB on the card itself I believe)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

I've never had issues like this MapleStory before, so I have no idea what to do at this point outside of screwing with settings. Nothing in-game does anything and nothing I've tried hardware related has done anything. Any thoughts would be great. Thanks.