1. Default Question about open advancement

just a few questions

1. When switching to the new job, do I have to buy ALL of the mastery books for it?
    2. When switching back to my original job, will I have to buy the mastery books for it again?
    3. Are skills that are common to both jobs, like Stance and Maple Warrior from warriors, keep their mastery level in transit?
    4. What is the formula for deciding the meso cost to change your job? I know it says "increases the higher lvl you are" but that does not correlate to a numerical amount to me.

Im currently a DrK but always wanted to play a Hero, and I have a 2hander that is ok so I wanna try it. However, I dont want to drop like 100m buying all the new books for the hero, then go back to drk, and drop another 100m buying books that I already bought for DrK.

Thank you very much

2. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: Question about open advancement

1) Yes
    2) Yes
    3) No
    4) No idea. ~200m for 18x, ~400-500m for 200+

3. Default Re: Question about open advancement

Thank you very much. To be honest, that really turns me off. I wanted to mess around as a Hero, but not enough to pay upwards of 400m to do it. (coin to go to hero, meso to come back to DRk, and buying all books both times)

4. GLADIGATORS
    usa

I probably wouldn't do it either unless they gave out coins much more often and/or in game somehow.

They really should give them out in game.

5. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Weekly/monthly quest for Advancement coins?

Or more realistically, make it an event or hot time reward on a regular basis?

6. GLADIGATORS
    usa

I was thinking bi-weekly would be reasonable for such a quest, though i think it would be the only bi-weekly thing in this whole game.

Hot time isn't quite as good since the quest you could at least do whenever you wanted.

7. Default Re: Question about open advancement

Don't make the job advancement coins expire. That kind of pissed me off.

8. Default Re: Question about open advancement

I'm with you. That was a really dumb movement, since the system is supposed to work like "Oh, now I feel like trying another class." instead of "Oh, my coin expires tomorrow, I need to use it now.".

9. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Yeah seriously. Not even the storage method would work around this. If they gave them out even relatively rarely in hot time/days it would be worth logging in for.