IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: Disney's Frozen

Huh, apparently some people consider /* Elsa's */ story to be an allegory for homosexuality.
    Spoiler

I didn't really see that when watching it (mostly because I wasn't analyzing it at all), but looking back I can kinda see it.

2. Default Re: Disney's Frozen

The fact that you can use this for any sort of repressed or ostracized culture means that the person is probably grasping at straws. I doubt Disney had any real life allegories other than the massively obvious underlying theme of the movie.

3. Default Re: Disney's Frozen

I'd just like to first point out that

THE FRENCH VERSION OF THIS MOVIE IS THE BEST TRANSLATION OF ALL TIME.

seriously it was the first French disney movie I've watched seriously and honestly after listening to the french versions of the songs and then later the english versions, the french versions have just so much more passion and heart to them. they're less ... pop-music-ish and i thoroughly enjoy them. for example "Liberée, Delivrée" pretty much is my theme song right now. and don't give me that "THE LIPS DON'T MATCH" bullpomegranate. just listen to the damn song.

please listen for comparison and later agree with me:
    Spoiler

Alright, I'll stop my french patriotism here (despite being American, oh dear I certainly are the traitor aren't I?) but I'd like to point out that the French version is just so much more poetic. This film actually gave me more faith in translations.

Seriously. Like "Liberty, Deliverance" instead of "Let it go" is just sooooo much better.

Okay. I'm done. I'll write something more substantial later.

[Edit] As far as my general opinion of the film goes, I absolutely adored it (despite watching it solely in French). It was well written and definitely screamed disney atmosphere which is something Disney is great at doing.
    Spoiler

4. Default Re: Disney's Frozen

I agree the French version was quite passionate, but I didn't care for the idiom shifts. I'm sure they feel better to native speakers, to me they just sort of felt jarring because it shifted from a song of relief at the loss of stress and burdens and pressures into more of a declaration of war, which might also explain the emotive differences in the song styles too, really.

The English version came off as "colder", but I think that was how it was intended to be. "The cold never bothered me anyway" sounds wrong when sung with fiery conviction

5. Default Re: Disney's Frozen

Finally got to watch it(it came out here about a week ago but stuff happen and couldn't see it till today) and all I can say is thank you @Eos; I would have never watched it with the crappy trailer it had.

This puts so many newer disney films to shame IMO, it felt like beauty and the beast or older films not to mention that the 3D I nagged my brother and mother into was worth every cent extra it costed(there where parts were some of the buildings looked like models, though not sure if it was just how good the movie was made and had nothing to do with the 3D) and that ending though I saw it coming due to how the film was developing was no less than amazing, I might go see it again while its still in theater due to how good it was.

6. Default Re: Disney's Frozen

Was finally able to see it today (even though I already had it spoiled), and it was amazing. The animation was so beautiful, and Let it Go was definitely my favorite part of the movie. I'm totally jealous of Elsa's hair and dress.