Alliance: Intersection
    Farm: Mordor

Default Nexon America visits MapleStory dev team

Seems like they were really serious about that "A Better Maple" survey

Link to original post

2. Default Re: Nexon America visits MapleStory dev team

Sounds promising!

3. Default Re: Nexon America visits MapleStory dev team

all that picture needs is a dancing snoop and money raining from the ceiling.

4. Water Straight Male
    IGN: Pybo
    Server: Scania
    Level: 211
    Job: Shade
    Guild: Reconcile

Default Re: Nexon America visits MapleStory dev team

I have a feeling someone will deliver

5. Default Re: Nexon America visits MapleStory dev team

That is very good to hear.

6. Default Re: Nexon America visits MapleStory dev team

and not a single beard was seen that day.

Liking that they are trying to make things better, instead of you know.. ignoring it.

7. Default Re: Nexon America visits MapleStory dev team

I wonder why they try so hard to keep this game alive(I mean they're going back in what was just a couple steps from being zynga)?
    Would they closing their flagship hit them so bad they keep it running on the loss?
    And to stop it from running on the loss they're trying everything even asking their player base and actually hearing?

8. Default Re: Nexon America visits MapleStory dev team

Probably discussing how to close maplestory 1 off when maplestor 2 comes out without a mob of death .

Seriously though, I'll remain skeptical until I see the improvements.

9. Water Straight Male
    IGN: Pybo
    Server: Scania
    Level: 211
    Job: Shade
    Guild: Reconcile

Wait, are there versions of MS that run on a loss?

10. Default Re: Nexon America visits MapleStory dev team

I say the North American team should have made more frequent efforts to listen to their player base to begin with.. Something tells me either the GMS has been hard set to follow specific guidelines to achieve their goal, even if the goals aren't compatible with the player base, or NA Nexon staff go in/out of the company so fast there's not enough longevity to maintain decent service all around.. let alone moderation.. like the time the GMs were going ban happy on minor infractions........ Could also be a combination of both. I'm just speculating here.

11. Default Re: Nexon America visits MapleStory dev team

I think I saw something about it if not then I'm confusing it with another game.

@ExtremeMonotreme Companies never like to hear to their consumers, just a few manage to pull out like they do and the ones that do usually are small and yes I do belive they have been set some guidelines by korea, mostly due to lazyness of the gMS team to check if some things added at korea would affect badly the NA playerbase (for example the divided cash shops) and there's also those changes they need to make here to try to reach a certain goal(like the non-permanet cash items and p2w stuff thats exclusive or was made for gMS first).

12. Default Re: Nexon America visits MapleStory dev team

They're different games though. One is the 2d sidescroller we all know and love, and the other one is (probably) going to be a WoW clone.

I highly doubt they'll take Maplestory offline, though they might back off on updating the game as often.

13. Default Re: Nexon America visits MapleStory dev team

The emote was there to show it was a sarcastic suggestion

14. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: Akusaria
    Server: Windia
    Level: 15x
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: Nuclear
    Alliance: NuclearHonor
    usa

They went and met with the Dragon Nest developers too. So unless Nexon NA sent two different teams, I'm not entirely sure how much time was devoted to talking about either game.

http://dragonnest.nexon.net/communit...ty%26nxid%3D62

EDIT: Oh wait, date tags on the photos indicate they were taken a day apart from each other.

15. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

I believe they do have two separate teams but like you've said before when maple has s'hit going down the DN team doesn't exist, so it's possible they spent a majority of the time on maple. This situation isn't like crunch time though so i think it wouldn't be unreasonable to think they spent a good amount of time on both.

The american community has always been kind of unique compared to korea though, so i think the game would benefit if korea had a solid perspective as to what our needs are.