Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Update JMS] Patch Available - JMS 3.20

1. Default Re: Patch Available - JMS 3.20

I just remembered some complaining earlier about why anyone would want to trade their 140/150s for clean 160s.

2. Default Re: Patch Available - JMS 3.20

The way the thread evolved, it appears that you do Commerci stuff to get the equipment item first and then you do a 'transfer' of the scrolling, enhancements, and potential. The potential Rank is kept, but the stats are re-rolled. There hasn't been a definitive answer on how the scrolling ports over, but I think the consensus is that it will take the number of slots used and the stats above average over the to the new item. You lose the item you transferred from after. In the RED teaser video, you see it happen right quick.

There are also some screenshots of the UI elements from the transfer process in there.

EDIT - Here is a link the general area of the thread in question- http://www.southperry.net/showthread...=1#post1201623

3. Default Re: Patch Available - JMS 3.20

Hope someone puts up the specifics of upgrading to the Sweetwater Set soon.

4. Default Re: Patch Available - JMS 3.20

I have a computer with a 15 GB SSD, it cannot patch maplestory due to memory running out. My work around is re-downloading maplestory entirely and installing it fresh each update.

I don't know if this is known or not but My maplestory folder on my computer used to use 30 GB of space from it's bug logs. I'm unsure if JMS does that same thing but uninstalling maplestory reduced the file size back to a more understandable 6.6 GB.

You might also want to consider disabling some windows features like Hibernation (uses harddisk space).

5. Default Re: Patch Available - JMS 3.20

I didn't think they made 15GB SSDs. Do you think you have a 32GB and the OS is taking up most of the space?

6. Default Re: Patch Available - JMS 3.20

It's a 14.9 GB SSD and runs windows XP.

This is the SSD anyways, http://www.memorydepot.com/SS050S216G.htm

7. Default Re: Patch Available - JMS 3.20

I read something about how XP or older hardware couldn't take advantage of the speed boost that SSD's provide. IDK, have you considered upgrading to something a tad bit larger? A 32GB SSD will only run you 40-50 bucks.

8. Default Re: Patch Available - JMS 3.20

I have 2 desktops, one has greater hard disk space, if I really wanted to give more space to the other computer i'd just pull a hard drive out of it or allow read/writing on the disks through networking.

Money is an issue and the hard disk was free so may as well make the best of it, right?

And I don't really know but having Windows XP start up in under a minute is pretty sick.

9. Default Re: Patch Available - JMS 3.20

A work around I came up with for low space is that you delete each file from both the MapleStory folder and then the recycle bin after the patcher has gone over it since the patcher just overwrites the old ones with the patched ones, least the big ones anyways. Or you could try transferring the patched files over your network from one computer to the other and overwrite the changed ones.