Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default To those who also got perm banned

Did your ban look like that as well? I'm just curious as to why mine's for harassment instead of "illegal use of third party programs".

And if you're wondering what the message for the actual dupers' banned accounts looks like; here:

i.e. No chance of getting unbanned, unlike the first message.

EDIT: And yeah, read my post a 7 posts down. Nexon's done a pretty good job in my opinion.
    ~18 hour maintenance and many hours wasted from the rollback because of this exploit. I guess hackers truly do have a negative effect on the game.
    Last edited by 2Paqs; 2013-12-10 at 09:39 AM.

2. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Default Re: To those who also got perm banned

I'm assuming you dabbed into the dark side?

3. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default To those who also got perm banned

Because you weren't found to be abusing third party programs, you were harassing the community and nexon?

4. Default Re: To those who also got perm banned

You must've missed the godly scrolled items thread last night.

5. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Well it looks like I did indeed.

A good read for this morning.

6. Default Re: To those who also got perm banned

Well they probably just don't have an appropriate ban reason to select from, eg like 'blocked for illicit trading' or some such, so had to use one of their catch-alls.

7. Default Re: To those who also got perm banned

Nexon needs a 'You were banned because you are an pimento." message.

8. Default Re: To those who also got perm banned

Alright so another user's ban message looks like this:

I'm guessing that Nexon has just randomly (or used some sort of flawed systematic way) to ban everyone who they assumed had contact with the duped items.
    They have permanently banned/hell banned as many of these players as possible. Although of course, there are a few who remain unscathed (who should be) by last night's maintenance.

I'm also guessing the follow up server check within the next few days will clear things up, removing the hell bans and finalizing the permanent bans.

Adding a bit of anecdotal evidence to make all you "100% legit" guys on this forum feel even better about yourselves:
    A very godly friend of mine, who has played pretty much 100% legitly (never used any sort of hack at all), bought a few duped AEEs and was about to use it on his Tyrants as I had (what @Marksman Bryan was talking about) but he chickened out and gave me the no booms instead.

He's permanently banned.

So kudos to those of you who didn't dupe/even touch any of these duped items and give yourselves a pat on the back.

9. Neutron
    IGN: SkyTheBM
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 248
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: Revenance
    Alliance: Blanc

Hopefully everyone who got hit by this perma-ban wave falsely gets their ban lifted.
    Last edited by SkyTheBM; 2017-07-30 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Testing weird Quick Edit loading bug

10. Default Re: To those who also got perm banned

No shit, Sherlock. Are you fucking kidding me?

11. Brick Male
    IGN: ZeroCA
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero
    Guild: EssentiaI
    Alliance: N/A
    Farm: ReneMule
    usa

Guess I'm lucky I had class :P

12. Default Re: To those who also got perm banned

I'm hell banned but I know someone who had never came in contact with any duped items and still got perma banned.

13. Default Re: To those who also got perm banned

I can confirm that someone who used the dupe exploit and was selling the duped items is still walking around today.

14. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Same here.

15. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: Akusaria
    Server: Windia
    Level: 15x
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: Nuclear
    Alliance: NuclearHonor
    usa

It's not just Maple too, a few of us in Dragon Nest have noticed that whatever affects Maple tends to indirectly affect Dragon Nest as well. Pretty much all of our communication with Nexon staff stops whenever the Maple servers are taken down for an emergency hacker-related maintenance.

Dragon Nest has been having frequent HackShield errors since our midweek maintenance last week, to the point where about 90% of the community is now refusing to play until a fix is done. We were supposed to have a status update yesterday, which we didn't get until about 7 PM PST. In the meantime, most of us guessed that all the tech guys were working on restoring the Maple servers, and our HackShield thing likely requires new coding to be sent from Korea in the first place.

(it's common knowledge within the DN community now that Nexon NA shares resources from multiple games on the same server, the person in charge of DN in Nexon NA outright said that DN and MS share the same cash shop server, so it's not much of a stretch to think it likely applies to various other things such as tech workers)

Short version: Shank the hackers, please. And dear god, MS 2 better have far less exploitable coding.

16. Default Re: To those who also got perm banned

Yea, same here.
    Plenty of dupers still got their items in scania according to the people I've talked to... :\
    But I also noticed a good amount of them got banned, which is really great.
    But one of the most obvious hackers in scania, who was smega'ing all these 15 star tyrants and weapons is still walking around.

17. Donator Male
    IGN: LnFearNFaith
    Level: 20x
    Job: Loladin/LolDrK
    Guild: Irresistible
    Farm: Amerish
    New_York

Same in Khaini

18. Default Re: To those who also got perm banned

The problem is that MS1 probably wasn't built with any of this in mind. MS2 should be...if Nexon KR has a quarter of a brain.

19. Default Re: To those who also got perm banned

Yeah getting a lot more info from my friends after coming back on at this time, it seems to be very widespread.
    Legits and illegits, although the majority of the latter were rightfully banned, a minority of the former also got banned.

Hopefully Nexon tries to unban those who were wrongfully banned and also unbans me and some of my friends along the process. *Fingers crossed*

20. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Considering you took full advantage of what went on Sunday / Monday, you don't deserve to be unbanned.