1. Default Should I... (x2) care about my damage range and somehow get 140/150 equips?

Basically the title says it all.

My Aran is level 130 and his range is something like 12,xxx ~ 15,xxx unbuffed (and something around 22k ~ 25k buffed).

I'm still using equips from Monster Park as they have nice str% stats, and I don't really have enough RED coins to buy a full set of Revoluntion gear.

I was planning on using my red coins to buy attack scrolls for a 120/30/40/50 weapon I was hoping to get somehow, and I'd probably consider using NX to get some scrolls to protect my item from breaking.

Should I? I've never really made it far into Maplestory. It's only been since November that I've been able to get higher than 116. I've never really been lucky to get good potentials, and I never seem to have enough mesos with the FM constantly going up in price.

#Sendhelp.

2. Can of Soup Straight Male
    IGN: chicoran
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Aran IV
    Guild: Risk
    Alliance: Bastion
    venezuela

Default Re: Should I... (x2) care about my damage range and somehow get 140/150 equips?

RED weapons have the highest att for any tradeable weapon Iirc. I'd really recommend getting one and scrolling that than a Abyss/Empress/Fafnir because you'll probably change Aran when you get to the higher levels (Aran is major let down boss wise compared to other warriors).

You can get 20 coins per day from boxes, If you want, you can get a RED polearm and throw 50%s at it, it should give you a decent result that should be enough for training. Then If you really want a better PA and you like Aran, get an empress or Fafnir (Don't recommend Fafnir because it's stupidly overpriced at the moment, even before RED it was overpriced, now it's just ridiculous). Empress is decent but it's also true that fafnir's 30% boss damage helps quite a lot if you are poor.

3. Default Re: Should I... (x2) care about my damage range and somehow get 140/150 equips?

first of all.. the scrolls on red shop won't break your new polearm.. and seeing your low range, I assume your bucket is less than 50m, not enough for an empress PA... so

my suggestion: do azwan, get coins.. and then buy the lvl 130 polearm on the azwan shop, its a fast one... then scroll it with 8 attack scrolls from the red shop If yo manage to land at least 4, you will have a decent weapon, but dont put too much effort on it because, well.. the weapon itself its not the best

the second thing, lvl up up up! 130 is not enough, try to lvl up as much as you can...

you could also sell evolving world core service... try to buy empress cores, many high lvl funded players could buy a run of that for some mesos (uhhh idk, 50m at best?)

assuming you have a hyper teleport rock, you can enter the clocktower in new leaf city (the bigger ben) do those quest to get nice things like GFA 60% to sell :3

farm red coins, and try to get as many items and scrolls as you can from this shop :3 they are pretty nice too

other than that I don't think there is much to do.. GL upgrading tho..

red polearm sux because its slow.... Also, with many other classes there, Maybe he is an Aran because its the one he likes, I don't really think he will quit his aran (but then again, thats only me assuming things) :3

4. Can of Soup Straight Male
    venezuela

Default Re: Should I... (x2) care about my damage range and somehow get 140/150 equips?

Yeah, I just saw it (I really don't check polearms that often now). So, get a Purple surf board or the Aswan PA. PSB is tradeable but good luck finding one.

I love Aran but the fact that nexon just keep nerfing/making the class more obsolete or destroying the entire concept of the class by giving us a measly upgrade that doesn't even put us in the middle of the warrior charts... Made me kinda quit, My Aran is still my "Main" but to be honest I'm having a lot more fun with my Paladin, Mihile and Kaiser because with then at least I can get to do stuff like killing Magnus... (Something that my aran can't even attempt with more funding that the other 3...). That's why I recommend him a tradeable PA because class jumping is something very common for poor people and when they divide their little funds into different classes or classes destroyed by nexon, they totally lose it. I know a lot of Aran friends who moved to Paladins, Drk, Heroes or are waiting for Zero after the RED update, when you try those classes, you really feel why Aran is outdated and really needs a total rework "a la cygnus/adventurers".

Also the fact that Aran is a joke to nexon isn't better either, just do the Adventurer Warrior's book questline and you'll know how nexon just remember Aran to make fun of him/her...

5. Default Re: Should I... (x2) care about my damage range and somehow get 140/150 equips?

My level 120 Necro PA does more damage than the Azwan PA - Or is attack speed really important?

Thanks for information guys :)

6. Can of Soup Straight Male
    venezuela

Attack Speed is important, you really attack way faster. You need a normal (6) polearm to hit the Fastest (2) speed cap but you can attack even faster with a green potion from MPE. This is really good for Drain and OS (your main attack most of the time).