Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Default Re: Hiya, I'm Plusle

...Unfortunately I don't remember him, I hope he at least good things to say about me, unless he pissed me off

2. Default Re: Hiya, I'm Plusle

Hi

Late welcome to the dark side I guess, 'bout time too.
    The lurker corner is full, please transfer over to the active poster corner.
    (Lurk less than I do, please.)

Feels like a DrK reunion thread

3. Default Re: Hiya, I'm Plusle

Sounds like I read the manga and lost interest after the war, FTFY. I don't have time to watch that many episodes! I'm still catching up on Detective Conan... And the new LB: Refrain/Kuroko seasons! :U I only want it to end because I want closure... OP drifted too far from the original ambitions and while yeah, it's still damn cool, I just lost patience. I hold the same sentiments with Naruto and almost FairyTail, though I still read the latter. I guess I just don't have a taste for series that expand a lot beyond the initial lighthearted eps and just keep on getting more bewildering. Maybe I was indulged by FMA, which actually ended after Ed and Al actually accomplished their goals.

But yeah, I'm probably not gonna consider getting into OP again until it finishes, or has some semblance of an ending. By now it's just gone way over my head and is likely too complex for my poor memory to handle.

The HP reference is from the first book, where they sung the school song to whatever tune they wanted to. And good riddance, it's a good series but Harry is a dunce most of the time. OoP, wat u doin

And oh, right.

Moo cow is Kashimiya/SilentXynh, like shinku said. And it's Celefaye

Are there layers of dark sides now? I've joined Fast (5), durks, 44 and now SP

I don't know what to post! ffs- Nothing I've written is actually fully finished and all the threads seem too... knowledgable :l ./such problems

We need them all in here... summon as much as you can?

4. Default Re: Hiya, I'm Plusle

lol fma, it's the only anime I consider better than one piece cus it ended so nicely. I suggest you play catch up because the arc we're in now just dropped a few ground breaking bombshells, including two yonko after luffys ass.

I'm not sure what you mean by missing the goal though, Naruto I can understand, Naruto destroyed any messages it tried to convey in the last 60 chapters.

The future is stronger than the predecessors? >Madara can take out the entire ninja army single handedly
    Neji telling naruto once a loser always a loser, can't change your destiny? >Narutos father is 4th hokage, everything he does is incredibly enhanced because of ninetails. Destined to be a winner.

One piece still conveys and sticks to the messages it presents. Luffy can't win all his battles being reckless, justice is in the eye of the beholder, pirate king is still primary goal, nakama becomes more important to him stressing the already important "nakama" message.

Fishman arc actually has much more importance since a recent reveal. However one piece is predicted to go on for another 10 years (Currently a little over the half way mark)

5. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

Default Re: Hiya, I'm Plusle

I see. So alice decided she was sad i never logged on anymore and barely checked basil so she decided she needed to chase me here.
    Wonderful.

6. Default Re: Hiya, I'm Plusle

10 years?! Oh jeez. May as well start again now. I'll do it after I catch up on shorter animes.

But yeah, I'm not trying Naruto again. Just no.

You wish Though I didn't know you browsed SP.

7. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

That bluntness.
    Such honesty. Or so you want me to believe.

8. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

One Piece is gross don't go to the dark side.
    There's plenty of better anime to keep you occupied.

Personally I'd recommend Steins;Gate.

9. Default Re: Hiya, I'm Plusle

And what's that supposed to mean?

Why's it gross? o-o

Any other than Steins:Gate? It's on my neverending list of anime-I-will-get-to-but-not-really-kinda-maybe.

10. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

This is just a personal reason for me, but I absolutely abhor the art style it's drawn it. It just looks like little effort was put into the drawing and animation; but that's just a personal opinion/bias and wouldn't expect others to see eye to eye with me on that.

You've kinda already touched on it, with the length that it is, sure it might start out decent but with longer animes, such as bleach, naruto and one piece, they tend to lose their direction and sense of plot. The creators can just kinda go all over the place- and due to the length of it, it's bound to get somewhat repetitive.

I feel that if you're going to waste your time watching 600+ episodes, there are many more animes that could be watched, and you'd feel better about your time spent watching them.

That being said, I am picky about my anime. I'll rate some of the shows I've watched recently:

-Steins;Gate: 9.5/10, I'd say even the dub of this is great if you're a sub-only snob.

-Puella Magi Madoka Magica- 4/10 Seems overrated. Plot was predictable for me.

-Darker than Black- Season 1~ 8.5/10 Season 2~ 6.5/10

-Blue Exorcist/Ao No Exorcist- 7/10, I felt it was kinda geared towards little kids, but pretty decent overall.

-School Days- 3/10, too boring, only real drama happened in the last few episodes

-Mirai Nikki- 7/10

Shingeki no Kyojin is on my watchlist, but tumblr is pretty much ruining for me with all the hype and such ;-;

11. Default Re: Hiya, I'm Plusle

The art style doesn't bother me too much; it's more of a length issue I definitely prioritize shorter anime first, though so I'll consider it :O

Haven't seen Puella Magi Madoka Magica, but after reading the synopsis I don't think I want to

Haven't seen Darker than Black either, should get onto that soon.

Seen Ao no Exorcist, School Days (eh, I actually cut to the end because the first few eps were boring as hell) and Mirai Nikki. I'm reading SnK at the moment, but I haven't been watching the anime. It really is a good series! Follows strictly to the manga so far.

If you haven't already, consider watching Phi Brain (currently on 3rd season) and Psycho Pass (currently on 2nd season). I'm waiting for Psycho Pass to finish before watching but I couldn't wait with Phi Brain... ^^;

And I'm not sub-exclusive; some dubs are pretty good, like FMA:B. I just tend to watch subbed cos' it comes out earlier.